Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (45 Viewers)

I have very generous and wonderful friends. Tonight’s gift, plus the shelf of “gifts”

A9438AE7-E616-443E-A3E7-C214270E37EE.jpeg
D7AFD181-CA91-4DFF-A5CE-86FA58D57117.jpeg

Ended up picking up a bottle of Glenmorangie Signet for my regular poker players since a few of them drink scotch. Damn is it good, and I'm not even a big scotch drinker.
it certainly is different/interesting. not something I'd get again, but glad I got the first time

I'm considering buying a bottle of something that I would never open.

I've never actually done that before. Everything I have is either open or could be open at any time without me batting an eye.

It isn't cheap but it also isn't like crazy expensive, about $300. It isn't known for being particularly good so I don't really have that temptation to drink it, but it's the first bottling of something that has since gone on to be really noteworthy and so as a fan of that distillery and that offering from that distillery it seems like a cool thing to have in my collection of open and drinkable bottles from them.

I've never actually done that before. Everything I have is either open or could be open at any time without me batting an eye.

It isn't cheap but it also isn't like crazy expensive, about $300. It isn't known for being particularly good so I don't really have that temptation to drink it, but it's the first bottling of something that has since gone on to be really noteworthy and so as a fan of that distillery and that offering from that distillery it seems like a cool thing to have in my collection of open and drinkable bottles from them.

What is it

So a $300 objet d’art? Ok.

20230320_204042.jpg

Better late than never! First pour has been absolutely fantastic. Nose is interesting: lots of super sweets: honey, vanilla, and cherry coke - or maybe Dr Pepper, complementing all the oak. Palate is similar, intense sweet burst up front - seriously: like dark cherry Dr Pepper on crack, with the drier, darker oak in the background, then becoming more and more prevalent as it sits and dries out. Proofy in a very good way. Surprisingly, not a super long finish. But crazy good, curious to see how this does after being open for a few weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom