Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (85 Viewers)

Will find out some time this week if I was lucky enough to be able to purchase any of these... chances are pretty much slim to none but at least my hat is in the ring.

Screenshot_20230309-083904_Chrome.jpg

I read somewhere that last year there were 30 bottles of the PVW 23... and 63,000 entries. I'm not holding my breath.

Hopefully a Stagg Jr. is realistic.

I read somewhere that last year there were 30 bottles of the PVW 23... and 63,000 entries. I'm not holding my breath.

Hopefully a Stagg Jr. is realistic.
That’s worse than our VA lottery for second-rate VW.

Anyone do subscription boxes? My wife got me this one from a local company called Blind Barrels it’s actually pretty cool. The samples are labeled A,B,C and D, it comes with a taste profile chart and you sample them and try to figure out what they are. Once done you scan the QR code to reveal the samples info. We did this over the weekend and it was actually quite good, the wife is actually starting to like whiskeys more and more now!

2BFBA8EF-E3FE-4557-A44F-38169A45BAA4.jpeg

Anyone do subscription boxes? My wife got me this one from a local company called Blind Barrels it’s actually pretty cool. The samples are labeled A,B,C and D, it comes with a taste profile chart and you sample them and try to figure out what they are. Once done you scan the QR code to reveal the samples info. We did this over the weekend and it was actually quite good, the wife is actually starting to like whiskeys more and more now!

View attachment 1098852
The Bourbon Junkies have a discount code for this, but I can't remember it. Its in one of their more recent videos.

The Bourbon Junkies have a discount code for this, but I can't remember it. Its in one of their more recent videos.
I heard about it from the morning radio show we listen to, turns out the one of the main hosts is a co-owner, the promo code they have is FRANKSBOX. That gets you the March box free when you sign up. Here's a link to their website

https://blindbarrels.com/

Pour #2 since day 2 of our downstairs renovation project went better than expected!View attachment 1099480The nose on this is ridiculous :cool

So half of my experiences with these bottles are cola with brown sugar and hints of banana. One of the first pours I can remember with the cola flavor.

Recently, I've had pours from these bottles be berry bombs.

Both are incredible, but the berry variety takes it. Insanely great.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom