Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (66 Viewers)

Clynelish is one of my favorite whiskies, and that looks like a great one, which I've never seen before. Enjoy, and merry Xmas!

Same here, Larry. Clynelish is one of my favorites also. Those 1995s are great bottles although there's certainly variations in barrels. I tend to like the ones with a bit less sherry influence more.

Christmas morning. I have the wood stove humming and an Oban in hand.

(This is, remarkably, almost the exact conversation my wife and I just had, minus the beer part.)

Not a whiskey aficionado, but this is pretty awesome! 114 proof!

3D17D47A-A66C-4F2E-801A-A391B5B0AEE6.jpeg

Apparently you raised him right!

(That is, unless he's two years old and you chose this for yourself -- in which case, good choice.)
He had taken note of several bottles I said like to try. This one wasn’t specifically on my list, but he recognized the name and read the description, and thought it would be up my alley. I’m looking forward to enjoying a glass. :)

Shared a quick, small pour of the Basil Hayden Dark Rye with my son and brother-in-law. Very interesting and pleasant. There’s a ton going on!

Bottle down. Perfect evening to kill this one, but sad it's gone as I don't feel like spending the $ to replace it.
20191226_002802.jpg

IMG_20191228_230738.jpg

When you refuse to give your family a Christmas wish list, you get alcohol. Boone county and new Riff are new locals... Boone county is especially smooth. New Riff has a delightful bite.

First encountered apple pie moonshine at the Benchmark in Nashville...current favorite shot.

The jeffersons ocean is delicious. Most of them are just okay but voyage 17 is the best of the lot. Lots of brine on the nose. I’m halfway through my bottle already
The concept just seems so gimmicky so I’ve avoided buying it, but maybe I’ll have to give it a shot.

The concept just seems so gimmicky so I’ve avoided buying it, but maybe I’ll have to give it a shot.

I thought the same but it really does take on the characteristics of being on the sea. I’ve been looking for the voyage 17 cask strength. Can’t seem to find it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom