Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (43 Viewers)

That makes three of us!
I’m making an exception. This neck pour is not going into the infinity bottle.

56662E2A-D9BF-4F75-AEE2-AE54F3F8F87A.jpeg

Willett Blackened X is everywhere here... not interested in it at $150 (kinda crazy IMO), but my friend went for it...

Got a sample.

It is... good/I liked. Not what I expected, better/surprising. Won't get a bottle for the cost, but will certainly enjoy said friend's when offered.

I got strawberry, brown sugar flavor, mint/spice finish.

I’ve been wanting to do this flight for a while. Luckily, found a batch 16 last week.

All are fantastic. Vanilla, caramel, cherry and some pepper.

Ranking:

3rd Place: Batch 15. More raspberry and cherry forward. Reminds me of a higher proof OF 1920.

2nd Place: Batch 16. More caramel, but cherry, vanilla and pepper there too.

1st Place: Batch 14. Vanilla bomb with caramel and cherry. The nose is amazing and the closest to the GTS 2018 that I had earlier tonight.

#Blessed

Attachments

• ADB29041-ABDD-4472-B502-7A9FD9E277A8.jpeg
    ADB29041-ABDD-4472-B502-7A9FD9E277A8.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 0FB50330-2304-4CB5-A53C-451937FED8B0.jpeg
    0FB50330-2304-4CB5-A53C-451937FED8B0.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 78041158-87A6-4D09-A95C-E4C948CD378F.jpeg
    78041158-87A6-4D09-A95C-E4C948CD378F.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 46
I'd say your whiskey caught the 'Rona, but no living thing can tolerate a 50%+ ethanol environment, so my best guess is unfiltered barrel char.
Interesting. You might be right. I hope that’s all it is

So a little while ago, I said in another thread that I was done with the internet for tonight. I lied, but only because I need your help, PCF whisk(e)y crew!

One of my coworkers is retiring next week, and I've been asked to help select a bottle of Bourbon as a gift for him. Unfortunately, I really don't know his tastes, and I can't really ask him without the jig being up. So I've been asked to select a bottle, and here's what I've got to work with:
  • Price range should be $200 or less.
  • It should be readily available at the local big box (Total Wine). I don't think the person buying the bottle is willing to make a 90-minute round trip to my local whiskey hole.
  • When asked what kind of Bourbon he likes, my co-worker's answer was "not gut-wrenching." :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I don't know what this means.
If you're interested in actually looking at their inventory, my nearest Total Wine is Orlando (Colonial Plaza). This link should send you to their inventory of Bourbon in the 100-200 range.

Here's what I've put on the short list so far:
  • Calumet Farm Single Rack Black 15 Year ($140)
  • St. Augustine The Saint ($200)

So a little while ago, I said in another thread that I was done with the internet for tonight. I lied, but only because I need your help, PCF whisk(e)y crew!

One of my coworkers is retiring next week, and I've been asked to help select a bottle of Bourbon as a gift for him. Unfortunately, I really don't know his tastes, and I can't really ask him without the jig being up. So I've been asked to select a bottle, and here's what I've got to work with:
  • It should be readily available at the local big box (Total Wine). I don't think the person buying the bottle is willing to make a 90-minute round trip to my local whiskey hole.
  • When asked what kind of Bourbon he likes, my co-worker's answer was "not gut-wrenching." :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I don't know what this means.
If you're interested in actually looking at their inventory, my nearest Total Wine is Orlando (Colonial Plaza). This link should send you to their inventory of Bourbon in the 100-200 range.

Not sure if gut-wrenching means he doesn't like high proof stuff, but you have some pretty nice bottles available at that TW (some in store and not available online.. if they actually have them in store). From the ones i've had in no particular order and in that $100-$200 price range:
Calumet 14 & 15
Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend
Remus Repeal Reserve V(?)
Chestnut Farms Bottled In Bond

Haven't had the Kentucky owl products or that St Augustine one, but maybe someone can opine on those.
They have a Cream of Kentucky online, might not in stock yet - i have the 11.5yr (batch 3 i think?); it's ok, not sure if i'd gamble on that one

Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend. The store says “in store pick up only” but it’s unlikely that they have it.

After that Calumet 15yr.

He would probably say Calumet 15 is "so smooth" and like it a lot. If you can get the Cigar Blend, grab that for yourself....or for me please.

A heavy pour to kill the bottle. :sneaky:

View attachment 781324

Are you finding it difficult to make it through all the Blanton's to spell BLANTONS with the horsey corks? Do you care at this point? I have 6 and a half bottles to go, and it is a bottle I seldom reach for. I am thinking of aborting the mission....too much better whiskey out there to drink!

Are you finding it difficult to make it through all the Blanton's to spell BLANTONS with the horsey corks? Do you care at this point? I have 6 and a half bottles to go, and it is a bottle I seldom reach for. I am thinking of aborting the mission....too much better whiskey out there to drink!
I love Blanton’s, but I don’t drink it often. It’s one of my wife’s favorites.

I’ll take your Ns and S. ;)

Blanton's is ok for the $70. A lot like ECBP, which is now also $70. They are both worth about what you pay for them. I bought a Blanton's and an extra several months later, at retail. I finally opened one, had some, it's good, but if somebody bought the extra from me, I would not be sad. No way I'm buying eight of these to get all the horsey corks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom