Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (52 Viewers)

F343CDFC-751A-4E07-BF95-C80FF6ED5C02.jpeg

Triple threat

It's been an all-scotch weekend, mostly Balvenie and Glemorangie on Friday/Saturday, but after killing those bottles it was time to try something new (for me). Clynelish 14.

20210912_201129.jpg

Very light orange peel / citrus on the nose. Citrus leads on the palatte but dries out very quickly, peppery brine notes come to play, with just a very slight hint of peat. Peppery/spicy but super smooth! Finishes with the brine kicking up a notch and a slighlty bitter tone (lemon?) coming up as it fades. Really interesting dram and very tasty, especially for the price :)

It's been an all-scotch weekend, mostly Balvenie and Glemorangie on Friday/Saturday, but after killing those bottles it was time to try something new (for me). Clynelish 14.

View attachment 775885

Very light orange peel / citrus on the nose. Citrus leads on the palatte but dries out very quickly, peppery brine notes come to play, with just a very slight hint of peat. Peppery/spicy but super smooth! Finishes with the brine kicking up a notch and a slighlty bitter tone (lemon?) coming up as it fades. Really interesting dram and very tasty, especially for the price :)

This is one of my favorites. Honestly I could drink this everyday

At £37 / $51, should this be a snap buy nowadays?

IMG_20210914_184228_1.jpg

Terrible price. If you want your $111 back hit me up
I’d send you a sample, but someone has not returned my bottles. ;)

This one has opened up a bit, but I don’t think it’s worth the premium over the small batch. Maybe it’s just my bottle. It’s pretty good, but not worth the price difference.

51608A6C-0859-4252-98CD-68962F06DCFE.jpeg

The good news is that I found a batch 16. The bad news is that my honey hole raised their price. No longer just above retail. Now $111 with tax. :(

View attachment 777358

Ouch bro! That is one of the reasons you need to relocate your family to Oregon. Mine was $49.95 out the door. (plus we could hang out, play poker, drink whiskey and all, just sayin....)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom