Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (65 Viewers)

They just started distributing Larceny here in MN this spring and I am a fan. At $24/bottle it has become a staple on my shelf.

Great, now I want a whiskey.:D

Lol

Do you drink whiskey cocktails at all? I ask because I use Larceny when I can in one of my favorite cocktails, the Paper Plane.

Paper Plane:

0.75 oz lemon(or "citrus" if you're at a mixology type bar)
0.75 oz aperol
0.75 oz amaro nonino
0.75 oz larceny or whatever you prefer.

Shake and double strain into chilled glass.

Nicely balanced between citrus and sweetness. Reminds me a lot of Sweet Tart candy which was one of my favorites as a kid.

Lol

Do you drink whiskey cocktails at all? I ask because I use Larceny when I can in one of my favorite cocktails, the Paper Plane.

Paper Plane:

0.75 oz lemon(or "citrus" if you're at a mixology type bar)
0.75 oz aperol
0.75 oz amaro nonino
0.75 oz larceny or whatever you prefer.

Shake and double strain into chilled glass.

Nicely balanced between citrus and sweetness. Reminds me a lot of Sweet Tart candy which was one of my favorites as a kid.

I'll have to give that a try. I enjoy cocktails but I'm usually in "something brown, drink it down" mode.

They just started distributing Larceny here in MN this spring and I am a fan. At $24/bottle it has become a staple on my shelf.

Great, now I want a whiskey.:D

Thanks.. I'll be picking some up soon.. and now I want a whiskey also.. have to wait a few hours

Can't go wrong with Woodford Reserve.. was sipping that a couple of weeks ago

I agree. I think its delicious. I finished off the Elijah Craig last weekend. This, and something in the decanter (not sure what it is, don't remember lol).

Want to try their Distillery series Bourbons.. though they are pricey at $50 for 375ml

There was a sherry cask whiskey I tried the other day whose name I forget. Sooooo good. Subtle orange, cherry, and deep spice on the finish. If you can't tell get I'm a big fan of long, complex finishes. Mouthfeel too.

Here it is

IMG_0573.JPG

Lost my cat Lucy today. She went too soon, but I'm toasting the 12 years we had together with an 18-year-old whisky.

Maybe a 12-year-old Laga would've been more synergistic, but she was a dear friend, and dear friends get the rarer and more expensive stuff.

IMG_1120.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks -- enjoy it!

Pretty much anything from Edradour is interesting, to say the least. I've tasted the original numbered Ballechin 10-yr. bottlings, but not this Binny's 11. They must be buying a lot from Signatory these days to pull that off...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom