Official PCF Smoker and BBQ Thread (2 Viewers)

Finished product. Yum.

0839EB19-2239-43D8-93E9-10709F02ECE3.jpeg
F0768D56-4562-4862-836D-E6E3C3474971.jpeg

things are happening! the potatoes joined the chuck. they went for an hour, and they are now covered and the chuck hit the stall and has been wrapped in butcher paper.

20220704_122859.jpg

20220704_145817.jpg

Probably going to need to foil wrap at about 180 deg if you want to eat before midnight. "Texas crutch."

Last edited:
Probably going to need to foil wrap at about 180 deg if want to each before midnight. "Texas crutch."
Yep, directions say to pull it at 160 and wrap it, add a little broth and seasoning to the wrap and put it back on for another 5 hours or so.

It could be a 20 hour smoke… If you plan on eating today, I would bump up the temp a bit after you wrap to power through the stall

I recently bought a Camp Chef pellet smoker, and am loving it. Was using a Masterbuilt Electric for years before that. Today it's pulled pork. Trying a smoke tube for the first time today in the CC.
IMG_20220810_093049606_HDR.jpg

Bam! I use the smoke tubes on the Traeger even with super smoke mode on…lol

I recently bought a Camp Chef pellet smoker, and am loving it. Was using a Masterbuilt Electric for years before that. Today it's pulled pork. Trying a smoke tube for the first time today in the CC.
View attachment 964891

nice, what model did you buy? i love my camp chef, SG24 WiFi here in ugly-ass bronze. never tried the smoke tube though, i find the default configuration to be plenty smoky for my taste.

I got the MGZ model. It's the one linked below. Pretty similar to yours with different legs. I added the sidekick burner, got it new from someone on Facebook Market. It's this one, but it was only $429 at the time, and it came with the front shelf, and fully assembled! Also swapped out the controller for the new Woodwind controller. Love the wifi control.

https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-PG...qid=1653589875&sr=8-4&th=1&tag=pokchifor0d-20

Question for all yalls. How do you store/protect your grills/smokers? Or any other maintenance tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Question for all yalls. How do you store/protect your grills/smokers? Or any other maintenance tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!
All of mine are outside with covers on them. My WSM is usually under a covered patio but the NG Weber Summit and Traeger just have covers over them. Had the Summit for 13 years, still looks and works great. Traeger was given to me about 2 years ago and is the same. I do oil the SS grill on the summit after cooking/cleaning just as an extra step to keep potential oxidation at bay. I make sure to give them a good scrape down after cooks as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom