Official PCF Smoker and BBQ Thread (1 Viewer)

Smoked beef ribs

3D08FA79-6440-40CC-AD94-32E9F465C4CB.jpeg

For those using Pellet smokers - Do you use a smoke tube? Why, or why not?
I do because it adds a bit more smoke flavor to the meat IMO. I’ve also found if you microwave the pellets for about 30-45 seconds before putting them in the tube, they burn more consistently because they have less moisture.

I'll likely be doing brisket for 4th of July, and I will definitely be trying the tallow trick when resting. I saw it done on a Meat Church video where he put all the fat trimmings on the smoker along with the brisket itself, and used the melted fat to douse the brisket before resting it. Also put some on the cutting board when slicing.

275 uncovered for 2.5 hours and spritzed twice with apple cider vinegar. Then take them off and wrap in foil with butter, honey, brown sugar and apple juice. Put back on for another 2.5 hours.

interesting. since you have such a specific plan, i assume you're gone this route before? i've never finished ribs in a wrap, i feel like they need exposed smoke time at the end for the exterior to set.

also, butter, honey, brown sugar and apple juice is ALL OF THE THINGS. those are really gonna pop!

interesting. since you have such a specific plan, i assume you're gone this route before? i've never finished ribs in a wrap, i feel like they need exposed smoke time at the end for the exterior to set.

also, butter, honey, brown sugar and apple juice is ALL OF THE THINGS. those are really gonna pop!

Also don’t forget to remove the membrane from the back of the ribs!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom