Official PCF Keyboard Thread (1 Viewer)

I’m pretty basic and have no cord management in place.

99CA41FA-3411-410E-8DD6-80DB9D010DC3.jpeg

@RadicusScout has got me into this crap. Oh dear...
I don't think it's so bad if you don't dive in too deep. I've bought three keychron boards now, including the one I'm selling, and I think they've improved my work experience quite a bit. The highly-customized ones are really cool, but I'd rather buy chips.

I don't think it's so bad if you don't dive in too deep. I've bought three keychron boards now, including the one I'm selling, and I think they've improved my work experience quite a bit. The highly-customized ones are really cool, but I'd rather buy chips.
I am rolling a crappy mechanical and Mike has sent me some switch testers and telling me it's time to jump in.

Then he said he's sending me a 60%....

Brown ftw!

"plastic" set i just recently got

Attachments

• IMG_20220826_151740.jpg
    IMG_20220826_151740.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20220826_151728.jpg
    IMG_20220826_151728.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 50
Update; Loving the keycaps, but getting used to that tilde/backtick being on the right is a real PITA!

PXL_20221011_160041810.jpg

kb.jpg

Keyboard: Sun68 Brass Edition
Keycaps: GMK Bento R2
Switches: Gateron Oil Kings (lubed with krytox 205g0)
Stabilizers: Durock v2 (holee modded and lubed with krytox 205g0)

It took a while for the holee mod to break in and get the spacebar to stop rattling but it was worth it.

I currently have a gmmk pro with kailh box black switches that I lubed with krytox 250g0. Been thinking about building a new one since one of the keys are starting to not work very well.

I rocked a brass plate for quite a bit but switched to polycarbonate a couple months back. I like the play in the polycarb but the brass still sounds best imo. Before the polycarb i was also using cherry mx red switches. I like the box blacks a lot but open to suggestions, wanna switch it up if I build a new one

Attachments

• 11630809-CB2D-417C-8CCC-2484BBCD8A1B.jpeg
    11630809-CB2D-417C-8CCC-2484BBCD8A1B.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 3173E1F1-4C28-40E9-8AA3-235190C4A654.jpeg
    3173E1F1-4C28-40E9-8AA3-235190C4A654.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 29
  • AF12C897-D3F9-473B-A019-32D38A60FBDA.jpeg
    AF12C897-D3F9-473B-A019-32D38A60FBDA.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 28
Keyboard: Glorious GMMK TKL
Keycaps: Glorious Aura V1 pudding doubleshot
Switches: Gateron brown with o-ring dampeners.

07087717-E5F3-482E-9DFB-23BECE9FCB3B.jpeg

I honestly don't understand. Maybe it's me being a fat dude? I can't sit with my arms pulled in and my hands sitting inches from each other right in front of me. Other than my phone or video game controller, it just feels like an unnatural position. Split keyboards all the way!

That being said, anyone switch from QWERTY over to Dvorak or Colemak? I'm not just copying or mass writing in my day to day, so I don't know that I would ever even need to be near 150-200 WPM, lol but it'd be nice to do it just to do it! I don't think I'll ever even take a look at making the switch, old dog and all that.

I honestly don't understand. Maybe it's me being a fat dude? I can't sit with my arms pulled in and my hands sitting inches from each other right in front of me. Other than my phone or video game controller, it just feels like an unnatural position. Split keyboards all the way!

That being said, anyone switch from QWERTY over to Dvorak or Colemak? I'm not just copying or mass writing in my day to day, so I don't know that I would ever even need to be near 150-200 WPM, lol but it'd be nice to do it just to do it! I don't think I'll ever even take a look at making the switch, old dog and all that.
I still two finger hunt and peck when I type. I can't imagine using a split keyboard.

I still two finger hunt and peck when I type. I can't imagine using a split keyboard.
So sit at a table. Put your hands in front of you naturally. Boom - that’s where the keyboard is. Maybe not for hunt and peck but still may work better for you too.

I don’t know about life changing, but it was one of those things that after you purchase and get used to it, you aren’t sure how you ever did it differently before.

So sit at a table. Put your hands in front of you naturally. Boom - that’s where the keyboard is. Maybe not for hunt and peck but still may work better for you too.

I don’t know about life changing, but it was one of those things that after you purchase and get used to it, you aren’t sure how you ever did it differently before.
Interesting. My have to give it a shot.

I like many others jumped into the keyboard hype during the pandemic. I joined my first GMK GB in July of 2020 for what I then thought would be going on my first custom mechanical keyboard.

Well, they shipped today. 960 days later.... Needless to say I haven't joined another GB for keyboards since that point. At this point it's more of a relief that there isn't more delays, but wow what a journey...

Took almost 1.5 years just to get the colour matching approved. 6 months waiting after it was locked in for them to be produced. And then Fedex lost the damn packages before they arrived at the vendor. 3 months of waiting later they decided they couldn't find them, but the vendor shipped my set the next day because they had gotten the base kits last year, but waited for the results of the search....

Very thankful that poker chips are far less patience required. I can do a few months. Even a year for the right things. But I don't think I'll ever do 3 years for something again. I don't even know what to do with them now because I have since bought two more sets I prefer to this.

Any who, that's my rant. GMK Sumi broke me. But at least I'll finally get something for my patience.

I like poker chips better anyways.

Lol, my three biggest money sinks in one place. I love this place.

I haven't bought a new keyboard in a few years but these are the ones I have left from my "collection". Different keycaps now though (Boo GMK, yes PBT). No better typing experience than a custom keyboard w/ lubed switches in a 5 LB aluminum/brass behemoth.
OW64DpX.jpg

I like many others jumped into the keyboard hype during the pandemic. I joined my first GMK GB in July of 2020 for what I then thought would be going on my first custom mechanical keyboard.

Well, they shipped today. 960 days later.... Needless to say I haven't joined another GB for keyboards since that point. At this point it's more of a relief that there isn't more delays, but wow what a journey...

Took almost 1.5 years just to get the colour matching approved. 6 months waiting after it was locked in for them to be produced. And then Fedex lost the damn packages before they arrived at the vendor. 3 months of waiting later they decided they couldn't find them, but the vendor shipped my set the next day because they had gotten the base kits last year, but waited for the results of the search....

Very thankful that poker chips are far less patience required. I can do a few months. Even a year for the right things. But I don't think I'll ever do 3 years for something again. I don't even know what to do with them now because I have since bought two more sets I prefer to this.

Any who, that's my rant. GMK Sumi broke me. But at least I'll finally get something for my patience.

I like poker chips better anyways.
Some of the GB stories on geekhack are absolutely nightmarish. I remember a GMK GB I participated in and while it didn't take 3 years it definitely took much much longer than expected. It kinda sucks too cause you have to participate in the group buys to get cool stuff or pay the flipper price lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom