Official PCF Keyboard Thread (1 Viewer)

YES! Didn’t know this existed! Here’s my first step into the madness. Keychron K6 (UK ISO layout), Brown Gateron switches, with O-Rings. Then custom caps to finish her off!

@mattross1313 you need to get involved!

View attachment 909297
Love the color way! I need my keyboards to have F keys though. So only 75% and above for me :)

I was really not sure at first, just giving up the number pad was going to be a big deal. I liked this model because it keeps the arrow keys. I couldn’t cope with 60% :vomit:

Plus I wanted wireless, my options were pretty limited. I wasn’t ready for a self build…

@mattross1313 you need to get involved!
Pretty sure I'd get laughed outta this thread :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I'm an apply fan-boy, so recently picked up the Magic KB v2 in spacegrey(obvs).

I like the keyboards in this thread but much prefer a quiet keyboard. One of my tech guys uses mechanical keyboards and you can hear him typing from down the corridor :LOL: :laugh:

Unless, you're telling me that you can get these with quiet buttons? in which case it looks like I have a new rabbit hole to spend money on :ninja:

Pretty sure I'd get laughed outta this thread :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I'm an apply fan-boy, so recently picked up the Magic KB v2 in spacegrey(obvs).

I like the keyboards in this thread but much prefer a quiet keyboard. One of my tech guys uses mechanical keyboards and you can hear him typing from down the corridor :LOL: :laugh:

Unless, you're telling me that you can get these with quiet buttons? in which case it looks like I have a new rabbit hole to spend money on :ninja:
Oh there are so many options! You can make a keyboard completely silent if you want. The sound you here is coming from what switch to decide to use.

I think we'll steer clear of Cherry MX Blue switches though...

Check this out!

You can make them even quieter with little rubber O-Rings to stop the keys bottoming out on the board too...

I've just worked out what the next 55 pages of our PMs will be focused on!

Last edited:
My current main board:

bEt5sHu.jpg

yWh4StI.jpg

Board: Mode Eighty 2022 (E-White with Gold base)
Switches: Gateron Oil Kings, lubed with Trybosis 3204
Keycaps: Cherry Notion and a Gameboy artisan
Stabs: Durock v2s with stabilizer stickers and dielectric grease

My current main board:

bEt5sHu.jpg

yWh4StI.jpg

Board: Mode Eighty 2022 (E-White with Gold base)
Switches: Gateron Oil Kings, lubed with Trybosis 3204
Keycaps: Cherry Notion and a Gameboy artisan
Stabs: Durock v2s with stabilizer stickers and dielectric grease
Swoon man.. I might pick up the Mode Sonnet

Super happy with my Keychron C1 at work and K14 at home. Keychron seems like a great way to get your feet wet with these.

Anytime I type I feel like Boris from Goldeneye.

im still rocking my 12 year old steelseries 6gv2 with cherry blacks (why i got blacks for playing SC2, i have no idea) and have a corsair k70 with reds.
been eyeing the massdrop shifts for a while, wanna get those and some english+cyrillic keys

I was really not sure at first, just giving up the number pad was going to be a big deal. I liked this model because it keeps the arrow keys. I couldn’t cope with 60% :vomit:

Plus I wanted wireless, my options were pretty limited. I wasn’t ready for a self build…

I know for the keyboard community smaller=better, but honestly it's still a functional piece.

I think TKLs are a perfect balance, but for work i still take out my full size, since i deal with numbers all day, it's just easier.

Back in the day my favorite keyboard was a Fujitsu... Used it until I couldn't plug it in anymore. Then years of garbage before a Razer Black Widow with Cherry MX Blues. Love those switches. No pics of it but here's a dirty example of the Fujitsu. I know I'm vulnerable to this rabbit hole, but so far haven't fallen in. :ninja:
ezgif-1-94bcfc2a32.jpg

Shout out to @Rbonus012 for sending me down yet another hobby rabbit hole. Here’s my first modded board I completed last night!

D61E45B4-9E1E-4999-964C-A122B0218264.jpeg

DA2C86FF-AA0A-47FC-AC66-92D853DE0F56.jpeg

6AF9E929-7F67-4FE7-BB46-8B145D92DF5F.jpeg

325A5662-392E-4770-9AF8-84E3A26DC5DD.jpeg

It’s a Royal Kludge RK68 Pro (aluminum) with gateron reds that I lubed, Durock stabs, and “Apollo” clone keycaps from Amazon. Honestly super happy with my first attempt at this, and with the tape mod + shelf liner in the case it sounds great. The gateron reds are my first linear and honestly I’m getting adjusted to them, but I have a fair amount of double clicks and might swap them out for something else.

Shout out to @Rbonus012 for sending me down yet another hobby rabbit hole. Here’s my first modded board I completed last night!

View attachment 914848
View attachment 914849
View attachment 914850
View attachment 914851

It’s a Royal Kludge RK68 Pro (aluminum) with gateron reds that I lubed, Durock stabs, and “Apollo” clone keycaps from Amazon. Honestly super happy with my first attempt at this, and with the tape mod + shelf liner in the case it sounds great. The gateron reds are my first linear and honestly I’m getting adjusted to them, but I have a fair amount of double clicks and might swap them out for something else.
Glad you did the tape mod! I do that with most my boards to get that sound. Also it that Apollo keycaps look nice. For what it’s work real GMK apollos and GMK sets are very nice and worth it if you can get them at a decent price.

How have I never seen this thread? I love Mech. KBs!
  • GMMK hot swappable TKL
  • Kaihl Box Jade switches; these have the extra thick click bar so it sounds like a howitzer going off every time I press a key.
  • And of course my dev/tty MT3 profile sculpted keycaps (4 years into it and no shine on the spacebar!)
PXL_20220522_205258278.PORTRAIT.jpg

I honestly thought I was going to get kicked out of the house when I installed those thick click bar switches...

If any of you guys are interested in with my GMMK Pro, Keychron Q3, or Drop CTRL for a solid discount hit me up!

Can sell them completely built or can work backwards (ie no keycaps -> no keycaps and no switches)

I have found the next keyboard I want to purchase but have been informed by the fiancé that 5 keyboards is the limit :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what's the keyboard you're looking at now?
I am between two right now! I am either going with the Mr. Suit or 7v. Have two people who have offered to sell it tie me. I don't know which one I want yet. Maybe both LOL if I sell two. Here are two pictures. (black = mr suit /// blue = 7v)

1653255246174.png

1653255282683.png

They are higher end boards so it's not cheap. :x

Got a green Mr. Suit! Super pumped to build it. The weight in the back is black. Now to determine what switches and keycaps I want to use :unsure: thinking alpaca but haven’t decided yet.

Should be here in a week. Here is a picture of what it looks like. Still has the protective plastic on the weight.

1653572754129.png

So I built another… Found these really awesome desert themed keycaps. Built on a budget TKL from Amazon (CIY something), did the “penny” mod for some added weight + tape mod + foam in the case. Switches are Akko lavender purple (lubed with 205G0). Really like the feel of the tactile! But I’ll be honest, they aren’t as “thocky” as the linears, so I guess that’s the tradeoff. Stock stabs sound good on all but the spacebar, will prolly swap them out soon.

96EB18E5-43A9-4C7E-ADD4-686A69CF968D.jpeg

4A114EC3-5BB6-48D2-A43D-0F50DFBF55CA.jpeg

FC3A921E-9A99-4766-B5DC-14C2474BABB2.jpeg

3833D4EC-C721-45AF-9F35-B979C9234601.jpeg

Aaaaaand I may already be planning the next…

Aaaaaand I may already be planning the next…
I've heard some really good things about the Keychron C1; if you're looking for a hot swappable build on a budget and don't care about things like RGB lighting, then it seems like it's a really great deal to be able to try out some new switches and/or keycaps.

I've heard some really good things about the Keychron C1; if you're looking for a hot swappable build on a budget and don't care about things like RGB lighting, then it seems like it's a really great deal to be able to try out some new switches and/or keycaps.
Oh it’s definitely in my Amazon keyboard wishlist ha.

Thanks to this thread, I leaped into the swallow end... I'm now clicking away with this daskeyboard 4 and MX brown switches.

View attachment 910728

what are your thoughts on this keyboard? i am looking to upgrade mine. i am a brown switch guy and need a number pad and dedicated volume control, so this one looks like it has potential.

what are your thoughts on this keyboard? i am looking to upgrade mine. i am a brown switch guy and need a number pad and dedicated volume control, so this one looks like it has potential.
Before buying this one, I just used standard Dell keyboards, but this one is world's apart. It's taking some time to get use to the switches but I like it. The dedicated volume dial is great and convenient. I've been pleased with the quality.

I'm looking to upgrade my mouse now.

I didn't even know you could lube switches; only have done stabs.

... What else have I not been lubing!?
Lubing switches is a beast of it self. Be prepared for 3-6 hour sessions of tedious work.

That being said it is by far the best upgrade you can do to your board. There are also websites that will sell you lubed switches if you don’t have the time. For example: https://loobedswitches.com/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom