Official Horse Race Game Thread (6 Viewers)

I had a blast playing this game for the first time with @Josh Kifer and his crew. I've been following this thread closely and have been really curious to play it. It's better than advertised!

This entire thread is amazing and super informative. I learned a lot by playing this with Josh and reading the variations in this thread. I'm planning on playing with the following tweaks: I'll report back with the results. I'm super excited to play this again.
  • One person rolls all scratches. Everyone with the scratched horse pays the appropriate penalty
    • This is how it was played at the game below. Went really smoothly.
  • Player who rolls the winning dice roll collects a 'Jockey Prize' (1 unit from each player)
  • I like the idea of everyone having the same number of cards so I'll experiment with this a bit more. Maybe have a non-player hand play the remaining cards. Those winnings get carried over to the next race.
@wonderpuddle - you and your crew should feel proud for infecting the entire forum with this amazing game. I'm curious - how did you guys first discover the game?

horseytime.jpg

@wonderpuddle - you and your crew should feel proud for infecting the entire forum with this amazing game. I'm curious - how did you guys first discover the game?

View attachment 1294297
Thanks a ton! I’m super happy the horse race game caught on with so many players. It’s such a blast (and I’m not just saying that because I won half the pot and the jockey fee with 55 last night LOL):
B238D367-1A89-4DBF-8C1D-3327B88BB096.jpeg

To be honest, finding the game was a total fluke. I had this little battery powered horse race toy that basically vibrates and moves the horses down the track:
469CE853-E59C-438E-B91B-7804F8A49561.jpeg

I thought it would be fun to start betting on horse races on poker night, but one of the horses included with my track had a manufacturing defect so I went on Amazon looking to maybe buy a new set and came across the fineni board when I searched for “horse race game.” That looked way more fun than my little vibrating toy track so I ordered a board and the rest is history.

I played this recently at a friends house and I'm hooked. I'll commit to reading 24 pages of this madness, but is there a TLDR someone could provide for:

• recommended board
  • common rules and/or tweaks people have done
  • accessories needed (besides chips!)
  • anything else?!
Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom