*Official* Aurora Star PRON (2 Viewers)

1D613CA1-6AED-4C25-923E-72A3875974E5.jpeg

Were these blanks or milled? I don't see any hotstamp indents. Also this just completed what would be possibly my favorite set of all time, the $5 has always been a travesty. Good on you, Dan.

They’re milled. Gear milled a shaped recess and then applied a shaped/textured label in the new recess.

And I agree, the original $5 was a travesty. Something had to be done :)

They’re milled. Gear milled a shaped recess and then applied a shaped/textured label in the new recess.

And I agree, the original $5 was a travesty. Something had to be done :)
Damn, I thought they might be shaped milled. So. Sexy.

No offense, but I really miss that show
You just can’t beat the concords. “These aren’t tears of sadness because you’re leaving me, I’ve just been cutting onions, i’m making a lasagne, for one” hahahaha

Awesome chips and congrats to those who were able to pull this off.

But for the love of god, next time, remember to include someone from down under (hint hint) we never snitch!

After all I have read and seen regarding these incredible chips , I honestly can say that jealousy is not the word that comes to mind, but envy of their beauty and nothing but humble happiness for those who have. I think in reality, if any of us (members of Poker Chip Forum) were to be in the neck of the woods of some of the fine games these chips were being used. We would probably get an invite with open arms , just so long as a proper invite was established, all house rules were followed, no scammers, and of course NO harvesting....Now that being said, I have many times dreamed of "POOF" having the funds and the gaming license, and simply approaching GPI's staff with my designs and "POOF".....I have the sickest , most ill-est , ultimate dream set of Paulson's anyone could want. Now I know, you know, we all know shit don't fly like that.....So kudos on those involved with this and congrats on the almost unobtainable dream.
:D BRAVO:D

No influence there, eh? :)
Definitely some influence with the T25K chip (different base color and spot pattern with same color spots), but not so on the T5000 chip (same base color, with different spot pattern and spot colors).

The T5000 chip was the last -- and arguably the hardest -- chip in the set to be designed. Some were advocating a salmon or pink/rose chip in the T5000 slot, since blaze orange had already been used (adjacent to a yellow chip) in one of the previous tourney sets.

Once a blaze orange base had been selected, the lavender spot was eventually picked as a good complementing color that also meshed well with the other chips in the set. There were many interations explored regarding the second color spot before the final version was agreed upon. The similarity of the end product to the ACF T10000 was pretty coincidental.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom