No hot dog roller, yet (3 Viewers)

Using the roaster pan worked well. No where near the quality of a roller, but not bad. That red onion sauce looks delicious!

i am going to have to look on Amazon for that spread.......crossing fingers.

as for the hot dogs, especially if on a roller

I go for dogs that have a casing on them still, gives you a little crunch once they are cooked

Wait, how are folks serving the Sabrett onion sauce? Total game changer

We have a roller at our game and this would be an incredible add IMO

Wait, how are folks serving the Sabrett onion sauce? Total game changer

We have a roller at our game and this would be an incredible add IMO
For convenience I'd buy a mini crock pot. They hold 20oz (Jar of onions is 16oz).
Screenshot_20231206_173136_Chrome.jpg

I'm know this is sacrilege here (I own a Midway roller so this is a big statement) but if you're looking for the best tasting dogs it goes first grilling over flame, second grilling over gas, third air fryer, fourth roller. Anyone who talks about a pot of boiling water (without grilling to brown) is... wow, indescribably wrong.

You can't beat the convenience and awe-inducing spectacle of a good roller setup, but if you don't have that the next best quality+convenience combo would be to dump a package into the air fryer and get them browned up nice. Then you can do the wrap in a bun in a foil pouch to keep warm in the oven or whatever if you want, but you could probably just leave them in the air frying after they're cooked and no one will care. I was amazed at how good they come out of the air fryer.

That said, this is still about 10x more work than I want to put in on poker night so just get a good roller setup please!

Source: I'm a fat guy from Wisconsin who loves brats :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I'm know this is sacrilege here (I own a Midway roller so this is a big statement) but if you're looking for the best tasting dogs it goes first grilling over flame, second grilling over gas, third air fryer, fourth roller. Anyone who talks about a pot of boiling water (without grilling to brown) is... wow, indescribably wrong.

You can't beat the convenience and awe-inducing spectacle of a good roller setup, but if you don't have that the next best quality+convenience combo would be to dump a package into the air fryer and get them browned up nice. Then you can do the wrap in a bun in a foil pouch to keep warm in the oven or whatever if you want, but you could probably just leave them in the air frying after they're cooked and no one will care. I was amazed at how good they come out of the air fryer.

That said, this is still about 10x more work than I want to put in on poker night so just get a good roller setup please!

Source: I'm a fat guy from Wisconsin who loves brats :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Sure. Everyone loves grilled dogs but you can’t discount the convenience factor of using what you have. Plus street dogs in NY are out of a tray of boiling water and nobody bats an eye at a good NY dog. SJ dirty dogs are a different story. Cooked on a flat top with bacon, onions and peppers. Mmmmm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom