No hot dog roller, yet (1 Viewer)

BigSlickTux

Two Pair
Reaction score
Okay, what are your thoughts on this idea? I was thinking of grilling some quality all beef hot dogs, placing them in buns, wrapping in foil, and placing them in a roaster pan to keep warm. Next best thing to a hot dog roller or does it seem like a stupid idea?

do it jewish GIF

So the next big question….

-What brand is considered quality hotdogs?
I usually opt for the uncured largest hot
dogs at the grocery store. Usually applegate farms or Hebrew national. If I’m at Costco I just get their hot dogs. Sometimes you can get bun length 4:1 hot dogs. That would be the perfect dog for me.

@BigSlickTux if you wanna offer luke warm hot dogs on a soggy bun then that's the way to go. Minor league baseball teams throw hot dogs into the crowd like that. They suck lol

@Bacon Dad I'm proud to have grown up in New York eating 2 of the top 3 hot dogs: Nathan's & Sabrett. Hebrew National is usually in the top 3 but I honestly can't say I've ever had one.

Honorable mention: Berks Fiesta Frank's.
Screenshot_20231104_065044_Chrome.jpg
Berks Packing Co is located in Reading, Pa so I'm not sure how far their reach is. The Fiesta Frank's are made with jalapeño and red peppers and cheese. The pack sold in supermarkets is normal sized hot dogs. However Berks makes a larger 7" dog that they only sell to butchers & delicatessens
Screenshot_20231104_064938_Chrome.jpg

This monster is my go to when hosting Poker Night. Throw about 16-20 in a large crock pot with sauerkraut and serve them on a steak sandwich roll. It's The Best!

I usually opt for the uncured largest hot
dogs at the grocery store. Usually applegate farms or Hebrew national. If I’m at Costco I just get their hot dogs. Sometimes you can get bun length 4:1 hot dogs. That would be the perfect dog for me.
I’m thinking either Costco or Sam’s. I believe both are all beef

@BigSlickTux if you wanna offer luke warm hot dogs on a soggy bun then that's the way to go. Minor league baseball teams throw hot dogs into the crowd like that. They suck lol

@Bacon Dad I'm proud to have grown up in New York eating 2 of the top 3 hot dogs: Nathan's & Sabrett. Hebrew National is usually in the top 3 but I honestly can't say I've ever had one.

Honorable mention: Berks Fiesta Frank's.
View attachment 1219760 Berks Packing Co is located in Reading, Pa so I'm not sure how far their reach is. The Fiesta Frank's are made with jalapeño and red peppers and cheese. The pack sold in supermarkets is normal sized hot dogs. However Berks makes a larger 7" dog that they only sell to butchers & delicatessens
View attachment 1219761
This monster is my go to when hosting Poker Night. Throw about 16-20 in a large crock pot with sauerkraut and serve them on a steak sandwich roll. It's The Best!
Thanks for the recommendations. Not sure if I can find these in Iowa but I’ll look around

I think those gas station roller items would be good too if one could get them. Tornados and taquitos

So the next big question….

-What brand is considered quality hotdogs?
Sahlen's are the best dog on the market but you have to cook them over flame to char and split the natural casing. I've cooked those up for a couple of home games and there is never a single dog leftover.

The uncured dogs are the only ones that don’t give me indigestion. I love Nathan’s and Casper’s but even those and the Costco ones will give me a little heartburn. When we do completos (look them up, a Chilean staple) I usually end up eating at least two so I can’t do any that will give me heartburn. I think my next game I’m going to try and make that red onion sauce you get in NYC

The uncured dogs are the only ones that don’t give me indigestion. I love Nathan’s and Casper’s but even those and the Costco ones will give me a little heartburn. When we do completos (look them up, a Chilean staple) I usually end up eating at least two so I can’t do any that will give me heartburn. I think my next game I’m going to try and make that red onion sauce you get in NYC
Don't make it...buy it. It's Sabrett's and Walmart sells it.
Screenshot_20231104_133944_Walmart.jpg

If you want as close to a NY Street Dog as possible buy that sauce, Sabrett Hot Dogs (also Walmart), Silverfloss Sauerkraut and Wonder Hot Dog Buns

Screenshot_20231104_134637_Photos.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom