No Hold'em Allowed, Volume 1 (2 Viewers)

Jimulacrum

Full House
Reaction score
Hey all. After many moons of hard work, the first volume of my No Hold'em Allowed series has gone up for sale today.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0999814540

NHAV1_Cover_REV.png

{Anything in the cover look familiar to anyone?)

NHAV1 starts off with some commentary and then goes into two sections of general strategy points—one specific to limit poker and the other more general—followed by a medium-depth dive into three circus games: Double Board Omaha, Scarney, and 2–7 Triple Draw.

I've taken a more theoretical approach than I did in SOHE and Dramaha, which were more driven by examples and sequential walkthrough of a hand. This book isn't overly focused on the math, but it includes a lot more probabilistic analysis and sweet, sweet tables.

Clearly, I do intend to write more than one volume of NHA, but I haven't decided which games to cover yet in volume 2. Feel free to relentlessly bombard me with suggestions.

I know that one of them will be Scrotum.

Is this Dramaha with 2–7 low in the hole? That's actually one of the games I was thinking of doing.
6 card draw2maha 2-7 low. The dangler makes all the difference. Such a great game.

6 card draw2maha 2-7 low. The dangler makes all the difference. Such a great game.
Yes. Have played. I like it a lot. Tons of room for split pots and less for scoops.

You play it with the 3-2-1 board or just 3-1-1?

Yes. Have played. I like it a lot. Tons of room for split pots and less for scoops.

You play it with the 3-2-1 board or just 3-1-1?
You mean with an implosion? Only if we want to play for mortgage payments :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Normally we play 3-1-1.

Hey, Scarney section has a 1 card turn, is that usually how you play it? Started playing that way and someone corrected me and told me it was a 2 card turn, and the mixed game cards agree.

Halfway through and enjoying it, good overview of how to approach crazy games.

Hey, Scarney section has a 1 card turn, is that usually how you play it? Started playing that way and someone corrected me and told me it was a 2 card turn, and the mixed game cards agree.

always 2 card. So so so much better as 2 card turn.

To my mind, there are 4 legitimate versions of Scarney: 5 or 6 hole cards, and either case combined with a 3-1-1 or 3-2-1 board. I decided to treat the version with the fewest cards as the base game. Perhaps this was a mistake, but it's done now. :unsure:

To my mind, there are 4 legitimate versions of Scarney: 5 or 6 hole cards, and either case combined with a 3-1-1 or 3-2-1 board. I decided to treat the version with the fewest cards as the base game. Perhaps this was a mistake, but it's done now. :unsure:
Nope, didnt mean it as a criticism, just trying to learn. Okay, good to know. All the ideas and fundamentals/priorities still hold up perfectly, really enjoying the book!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom