New table build from boat shaped conference table (1 Viewer)

Fantastic Job! Very creative and patient.

If I order one from you for $180 plus shipping...and can I have it tomorrow? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

One mans trash is another mans treasure!!! Dammm this table came out awesome, love the all black table , big props

Played on the table twice now and noticed one big thing that I don't like. The playing surface is so slick that sometimes when I deal to positions 3, 4 & 5 the cards would stick between the table and the rail and lift up a bit. I'm in the process of raising the rail with one sheet of plywood. I'm not sure how I would to finish the edge yet, any suggestions?

IMG_2984.jpg

Against the advice from PCF members and my better judgement I went ahead and lifted my rail up 1.25".
Nothing was done permanently and can easily be reduced in thickness or removed if the height is uncomfortable for the players.
I found a local cabinet shop that was advertising left over T-Molding for sale and picked up this "brushed steel" look plastic edge banding.

IMG_2999.jpg
IMG_3001.jpg
IMG_3002.jpg
IMG_3003.jpg

Against the advice from PCF members and my better judgement I went ahead and lifted my rail up 1.25".
Nothing was done permanently and can easily be reduced in thickness or removed if the height is uncomfortable for the players.
I found a local cabinet shop that was advertising left over T-Molding for sale and picked up this "brushed steel" look plastic edge banding.

View attachment 359848View attachment 359849View attachment 359850View attachment 359851
Looks clean!
Are you going to test run it for one game then decide?

Someday when I can manage to host a bigger/better homegame and hire a dealer(or teach my kid to deal cards lol), I will want to make a badass table like this. Looks great!

Sick table.

1) I know you solved this issue, but for non-raised tables where cards are going under the rail: I had this problem with a previous table, and the simple solution was to get some white cotton twine, lay it around the problem area, and push it in until you couldn’t see it. A card might still manage to get in a 1/4” or so but it won’t disappear.

2) Love the use of the boat-shaped table. The subtle curve of the long sides is good for both the dealer (more width at the middle) and for players’ sight lines.

I built a super-ellipse table, and the shape is not unlike your modified boat. The players on the long sides can see each other better.

Played on the table twice now and noticed one big thing that I don't like. The playing surface is so slick that sometimes when I deal to positions 3, 4 & 5 the cards would stick between the table and the rail and lift up a bit. I'm in the process of raising the rail with one sheet of plywood. I'm not sure how I would to finish the edge yet, any suggestions?

View attachment 358367
Black enamel paint?

Really exceptional execution. The brushed metal raised rail matched to the board area is a nice touch to bring the table together.

Despite not being a fan of dealer trays I really really love this table.
That custom felt really makes it!
Hat's off to you sir.

Super sweet build. Wish I was as handy as some of you guys! I'd have built a couple by now lol.

once i seen the cloth ,i see the concept with the carbon fiber t-molding. that would also have looked amazing. The brushed steel will still show up in a medium lighted room no so sure the carbon fiber would have. Fantastic work, hope you many happy games

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom