New table build from boat shaped conference table (2 Viewers)

stonker

Two Pair
Reaction score
I just picked up this boat shaped conference table for my next build.
The top is very heavy measuring 1.25" thick x 42" at its widest point x 96" long,
The plan is to round the ends tangent to the sides have a concave dealer spot for my big belly and a chip tray.

IMG_2856.JPG
IMG_2857.JPG

Why? Just for a cleaning look under the table, instead of covering it up with padding and cloth?

If yes, great idea.
The original bottom has a hard board skin with imperfections that I was going to fill, sand and paint. Then it dawned on me, just put the good side down. The top is getting covered with foam and water proof cloth anyways.

So close to being finished. Added two layers of headliner to the playing surface last night.

6A2C441D-7D14-43C8-84C3-FEFD0BE5933D.jpeg
BB2A6CCC-B1EF-41E8-A595-977F8C9FA43F.jpeg

I'm curious to see how you plan on finishing this edge.
First time doing this I hope it turns out OK. My plan is to staple the playing surface material to the face of the table top above the 1/8” slot, Trim the material flush or above the slot and reinstall the plastic “T” molding covering the edge. Wish me luck.

First time doing this I hope it turns out OK. My plan is to staple the playing surface material to the face of the table top above the 1/8” slot, Trim the material flush or above the slot and reinstall the plastic “T” molding covering the edge. Wish me luck.
I never would have guessed. Nice router work and great job on covering the rail.

Table looks great! While great as is, you might look at putting upholstery tacks around edging. Added them to mine and it really makes the edge look sharp, plus helps hold the trim on. LMK if you're thinking about it, I can share some of the trials and tribulations I ran into.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom