New member from Twin Cities (1 Viewer)

dman1191

Pair
Reaction score
Hey guys, new member from the Twins Cities. I just remodeled a poker table for the man cave and looking to setup some cash games with friend and shopping for some better chips to replace my cheap dice chips that came with my old poker set.

I'm leaning toward Apache Majestics after some research. I originally was leaning towards Milano, but the price seemed to jump from around 35c to 45c per chip and the Majestics aren't much more.

Anyways thanks for having me.

Welcome to the Forum! I lived across the street from Loring Park for about 3 years. Loved every minute of living there!

You got picks of the remodel? Showing off is half the fun!

And if you’re looking for a great option for a cash set, make sure you check these out before you buy anything.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...co-cash-and-tourney-sets-sale-is-live.114438/

You won’t find a better quality chip for a better price. Especially if you like the idea of something with some history. These chips were in a lot of winning pots!

Here are some pics of the man cave and remodeled poker table. There is a theme ;)

Attachments

• PXL_20240115_032549403.jpg
    PXL_20240115_032549403.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20240118_014958171.jpg
    PXL_20240118_014958171.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20240118_015030248.jpg
    PXL_20240118_015030248.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 54
Here are some pics of the man cave and remodeled poker table. There is a theme ;)
I legally can’t like this post from across the border, but I will say the room looks great minus a few of those wall decorations

Those gold drink cups are a spectacular touch though given the decor

I legally can’t like this post from across the border, but I will say the room looks great minus a few of those wall decorations

Those gold drink cups are a spectacular touch though given the decor

lol Thanks, I added those bronze cup holders and replaced the maroon felt with the purple speed cloth and I think it came out quite sharp. I've already played more hands on it than the person I inherited the table from.

Welcome! Do you know a poker pro in your area called Nooker?

lol Thanks, I added those bronze cup holders and replaced the maroon felt with the purple speed cloth and I think it came out quite sharp. I've already played more hands on it than the person I inherited the table from.

I’d have to agree! You did a great job keeping you lines true with the cloth. Not an easy task on an 8 sided table like that

Are you a home brewer? Or is Just The Tap a local brewery up there?

I’d have to agree! You did a great job keeping you lines true with the cloth. Not an easy task on an 8 sided table like that

Are you a home brewer? Or is Just The Tap a local brewery up there?
I'm a home brewer, my man cave has 3 taps and you can see some of my brewing equipment in the background. Just the tap is of my own creation

Welcome neighbor, Maple Grove here! @Nanook ‘s recommendation above is good value and likely your best slightly-secure option over stock generic Milanos.

This looks like an amazing option, have to decide if I'm willing to wait that long on a set.
Welcome! And I wouldn't be too concerned with wait times... I, too, jumped head first with a set and regretted it - bought and returned NexGens, China Clays. Take your time and save yourself buyer's remorse!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom