NEW Matsui racks -- GROUP BUY, -- POSTPONED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, I am going to just put this on temporary hold, until things settle down a bit. I can’t get Matsui to send me an invoice. And I think it would be best to wait on this. I will reconfirm all orders before placing the order, because this isn’t happening any time soon.
Good move Mel , support you all the way that it should be halted

Understand that the order is in hold due to the current environment, have you reached the limit and is it too late to get 25 racks?

I recently found out that @nezara (superhuman), who ran the previous GB for Matsui racks, INDIVIDUALLY wrapped each rack before shipping them.

I'm here to tell you, I'm NOT doing that. I'll be stacking 5-6 racks together, and wrapping the stack to limit movement within the boxes. And padding between the stacks and the box wall. But that's it!

Hopefully this is OK to all.
I've received multiple shipments from Mel, in this fashion. It's just spectacular.

Couldn't be happier!

This thing is getting out of control. The total number of racks previously was at 1200, but requests keep coming.
When the world finally opens up again, and we're able to submit this order, maybe we should split it in two, and have a west coast and east coast delivery hub. Since when not using flat rate boxes, the cost to re-ship is dependent on the distance from the reshipper, it might make sense to have some delivered to the east coast directly. That, and I don't really want to redistribute 2000 racks, lol.

That sounds like a good idea... because I would also like to get in on this if (when) possible :)

10 racks please

Good move Mel , support you all the way that it should be halted
Heard back from Matsui:

1) They recommend postponing
2) Told that they still didn't have a final invoice for me....but that delivery costs have "increased" compared to usual times.
Good Morning,

I don't want to be pushy, but it seems as though China is reopening. Any word from Matsui on being able to place the order?

Also, I'm on the east coast and could potentially receive orders for this side of the world assuming the logistics of payments can be worked out.

Matsui is a Japanese based company. Their PM just declared a nationwide state of emergency yesterday.

Sadly I doubt this buy is going to happen any time soon.

Good Morning,

I don't want to be pushy, but it seems as though China is reopening. Any word from Matsui on being able to place the order?

Also, I'm on the east coast and could potentially receive orders for this side of the world assuming the logistics of payments can be worked out.
@Pinball just received his custom chipset from Matsui last week (shipped from China) so things are definitely moving again.

I am interested in buying these racks as well. If no group buy, anyone have information on how to buy these direct?

I am interested in buying these racks as well. If no group buy, anyone have information on how to buy these direct?
This is the reps info for the American branch. Roxana is usually the point person for ordering stuffs.

3470 E. Russell Road, Suite 269
Las Vegas, Nevada 89120, USA
TEL: 1-702-220-4911
FAX: 1-702-589-5858
Email: roxana@matsui-americainc.com

Yes, you can just email Roxanna, and place an order.

Just spoke to Roxanna. She is very nice. She said that while the racks cost about $3 each, shipping will be about $100 for every 10 racks shipped (Maybe more given the current circumstances). She did note that amount was through fedex/ups. Bottom line .... $13 per rack. That seems like a lot, considering the group buy paid about $7 Per rack.

I would be interested to know how you guys got down to $20 shipping for 10 racks.

Just spoke to Roxanna. She is very nice. She said that while the racks cost about $3 each, shipping will be about $100 for every 10 racks shipped (Maybe more given the current circumstances). She did note that amount was through fedex/ups. Bottom line .... $13 per rack. That seems like a lot, considering the group buy paid about $7 Per rack.

I would be interested to know how you guys got down to $20 shipping for 10 racks.
One person was buying 500+ racks in bulk at about 7 a rack shipped from Matsui and then reshipping in the US at about $20 for ten racks.

By buying hundreds and hundreds of racks.

Ask her for a shipping quote on 1000 racks. Shipping per rack will be more reasonable :)

I've always got them for $5 ($3 + $2 shipping for each rack) each delivered in QTY of 300. The last time it seems I had to push it to 400 to keep them at $5 each delivered to me. Makes no sense to me why shipping fluctuates like that with Matsui. Personally I think they just jack it up to make more money.

I've always got them for $5 ($3 + $2 shipping for each rack) each delivered in QTY of 300. The last time it seems I had to push it to 400 to keep them at $5 each delivered to me. Makes no sense to me why shipping fluctuates like that with Matsui. Personally I think they just jack it up to make more money.

Yeah, back when I got a price quote for shipping, you had to order 400 or more racks to get to the $2/rack shipping price, as you say, @Tommy.
This was on Feb 5th. After that, I tried to find out how much shipping would be for larger orders -- I bumped it to 600, then 1000, then 1200, but I never got a quote on any of those, because she was having a hard time getting answers from her factory, during early days of the pandemic. She did say that prices to ship now would be more than when the world was not in the middle of a pandemic. But I don't know how much more. I just decided to shut this down, until later.

Yeah, back when I got a price quote for shipping, you had to order 400 or more racks to get to the $2/rack shipping price, as you say, @Tommy.
This was on Feb 5th. After that, I tried to find out how much shipping would be for larger orders -- I bumped it to 600, then 1000, then 1200, but I never got a quote on any of those, because she was having a hard time getting answers from her factory, during early days of the pandemic. She did say that prices to ship now would be more than when the world was not in the middle of a pandemic. But I don't know how much more. I just decided to shut this down, until later.
I'll have to look at the exact, but the sweet spot seemed to be 400 racks. There was a pretty steep decrease in shipping between 10 and 400. After 400 there was some savings but not nearly as material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom