Need some help choosing a table (2 Viewers)

Problem with that is I'm in Eastern Canada. So unless they're willing to ship it (150+ dollars) I'm going to say that even if it's 200~ CAD on Facebook market place, it's still going to end up around the same (400ish CAD).

The exchange from USD -> CAD sucks, and there aren't really cheaper options at the moment here.

Problem with that is I'm in Eastern Canada. So unless they're willing to ship it (150+ dollars) I'm going to say that even if it's 200~ CAD on Facebook market place, it's still going to end up around the same (400ish CAD).

The exchange from USD -> CAD sucks, and there aren't really cheaper options at the moment here.
You'd only be looking for ones in a drivable distance for you so you can pick it up.

My @ cents worth is to consider getting a round table because moving around table is so easy. I have one and just rolling it around makes life so much easier for storage.

G
Currently my second table is going to have to be my kitchen table with a topper on it. However, a second round table would fit nicely.

Is there any tangible difference between the barrington with the blue felt and black faux leather rail, and the brown rail..etc.

There's a sale on the blue felt/black rail vs. brown rail/black felt. Price difference is around ~140 dollars.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 4.02.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 4.02.26 PM.png
    260.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 4.01.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 4.01.53 PM.png
    354.1 KB · Views: 45
According to Barrington there is a difference. They consider the brown one more durable. It has a thicker playing surface and apron as well as thicker legs. The cup holders are .15in deeper too.

According to Barrington there is a difference. They consider the brown one more durable. It has a thicker playing surface and apron as well as thicker legs. The cup holders are .15in deeper too.
I guess I'm looking for someone with experience with both tables from them and if there's a substantial difference that makes one worth 150+ dollars more than the other.

If you are on a tighter budget, the Barrington style table is a good choice. I have two fold up tables. One is a Barrington and one is made by Franlkin I believe. It came from Target's website years ago. They are both very similar. The Barrington is a bit lighter which is nice if I need to transport it. The other thing I like is that the tables fold up. I don't have the storage space for non folding tables currently. The cup holders on most of the folding Barrington style tables work but are not very deep. Lots of members have replaced them with deeper cup holders and there are plenty of threads on how to do that.

The best thing you can do for just about any table is purchase a table topper for it from @rjdev7 . You can customize it in anyway you can think of or go with a stock design. 8 to 10 person Barrington tables are all pretty much a standard size but I would recommend measuring the length and width of the playing surface to make sure you get the best fit. Plus if you add a topper, it will cover the seam in the middle and your cards will glide across the table like you were playing air hockey!!!

Whatever table you go with, I would keep an eye out on Facebook marketplace. Alot of times you can pick up used Barringtons or other tables for a pretty good price! Way cheaper than the $700 plus dollars Wayfair is charging for that blue Barrington table. The ESPN version can be found new from Walmart's site for around $299. Anything less than that is a good deal.

As far as chairs go, I just went the route of padded folding chairs from Costco. They work ok and fold up and store away nicely. I remember seeing a post from someone recently that was talking about a nice mesh looking folding chair from Home Depot I think. I will have to check those out next time I go there.

Here are some pics of what my tables look like with toppers.

View attachment 1144216View attachment 1144218View attachment 1144221View attachment 1144222
Can I just compliment you on the lighting in your room? I get people make due with what they have. But I love that your lighting reflects an atmosphere for a more enjoyable mood, and isn't just white fluorescents like I see in many videos.

Last edited:
Can I just compliment you on the lighting any your room? I get people make due with what they have. But I love that you're lighting reflects an atmosphere for a more enjoyable mood, and isn't just white fluorescents like I see in many videos.

Thank you very much! I have always enjoyed using lighting in ways that add to the atmosphere and mood of the room. We try to do what we can to make our poker nights feel more like poker "Events." The lighting is just one aspect of creating a fun atmosphere for everyone. Thank you for noticing exactly what we are attempting to achieve!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom