NBA PO 2020 (4 Viewers)

Raps take game 1! OMG what a first half. They took the foot off the pedal in the 3rd but still easily won. VanVleet 30 points 11 assists! When this team locks in on defense, they are a beauty to watch.

So bizarre playing without any crowds. I think that NBA crowds and home court advantage farrrrrrrr exceeds baseball, football, soccer, hockey, etc. (I get crowd noise for MLB closers, as well as during 2 minute drill or key plays in NFL)

So bizarre playing without any crowds. I think that NBA crowds and home court advantage farrrrrrrr exceeds baseball, football, soccer, hockey, etc. (I get crowd noise for MLB closers, as well as during 2 minute drill or key plays in NFL)

Without wanting to disrespect US sports, but I would like to see NBA players evolve in Europe.

The public is really the 6th man on the pitch.

Anybody know what time it is...

1597809694803.gif

Anybody know what time it is...

View attachment 514914
Came here thinking this would have blown up. That was nasty. I don't even like Dame, but damn. He's like Agent Zero x 50. I can't imagine the headlines and comments he'll drop if they beat the Lakers. I hope it happens just for the sound bites.

Portland is not an 8th seed when healthy. Lakers have a "conference finals series" in the first round and Dame has been HOT in the bubble. #DameTime

Bucks lose too and Magic basically led the whole game! #1s dropping on both sides. I love it lol.

We better sweep round 1 and win a championship. This LAC team is so boring.

Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Marcus Morris, Ivica Zubac, Reggie Jackson. I can't even pretend to see any synergy in that group.

Patrick Beverly, Danilo Gallinari, SGA, Tobias Harris, Marjonavich. With Gortat, Lou Will, Montrezl Harrell and Avery Bradley coming off the bench? Man that energy was fun to watch.

Don't get me wrong, I loved having Leonard in Toronto last year, and I understand that he wanted to leave and go home to play. However, he has to be thinking to himself that wasn't the best choice. Just imagine him still on the Raptors right now. They would be downright scary to play against. I've heard that LAC have internal issues and players complaining about Leonard and George getting special treatment. You never would have had that issue staying with the Raptors. Raps seem to be one of the most cohesive and together teams I've ever seen.

Mavs had a decent chance to win game 1 vs Clippers despite the terrible technicals on Porzingis. Game 2 the Mavs showed how good they can be. They are going to be a tough out for the Clippers.

Don't get me wrong, I loved having Leonard in Toronto last year, and I understand that he wanted to leave and go home to play. However, he has to be thinking to himself that wasn't the best choice. Just imagine him still on the Raptors right now. They would be downright scary to play against. I've heard that LAC have internal issues and players complaining about Leonard and George getting special treatment. You never would have had that issue staying with the Raptors. Raps seem to be one of the most cohesive and together teams I've ever seen.

Mavs had a decent chance to win game 1 vs Clippers despite the terrible technicals on Porzingis. Game 2 the Mavs showed how good they can be. They are going to be a tough out for the Clippers.
I think the Clippers without Paul George were pretty similar. Fiery owner/leadership, cohesive unit oozing hustle and grit, scorers who the team didn't mind taking the shots, and an overall group who was better together than as individual pieces.

Now we have elite defenders and a bunch of iso scoring, along with veteran journeymen. Paul George is nothing but an elite 3 and D. No cohesion at all, and you can tell because they literally just choose when to turn it on, flipping the switch. Raptors and Clippers of old don't flip the switch, the switch is on all game.

I get it though, did you think the Raptors would be this good after they won it last year? Honestly I thought yeah they'll still hit playoffs, but didn't necessarily think it was a Finals appearance type team.

I get it though, did you think the Raptors would be this good after they won it last year? Honestly I thought yeah they'll still hit playoffs, but didn't necessarily think it was a Finals appearance type team.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I knew they'd be able to make the playoffs for sure with most of their core coming back, but I couldn't really expect Pascal to make another huge leap like he did. They were always going to be a great defensive team with or without Leonard though, and that will always help carry you pretty far. I'm still expecting them to lose to Boston or Bucks (lol if Bucks make it past the 1st round). They are going to have to play perfectly to make the finals. If they still had Leonard though - they'd be cruising to the finals again, no problem.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I knew they'd be able to make the playoffs for sure with most of their core coming back, but I couldn't really expect Pascal to make another huge leap like he did. They were always going to be a great defensive team with or without Leonard though, and that will always help carry you pretty far. I'm still expecting them to lose to Boston or Bucks (lol if Bucks make it past the 1st round). They are going to have to play perfectly to make the finals. If they still had Leonard though - they'd be cruising to the finals again, no problem.
We only have him for one more year. I'd like to see a return to San Antonio or Toronto after. If I'm a superstar, there's nowhere I'd rather play than a Toronto or Portland like Lillard.

All the more confused when I think about him leaving a comfortable and fun position.

We only have him for one more year. I'd like to see a return to San Antonio or Toronto after. If I'm a superstar, there's nowhere I'd rather play than a Toronto or Portland like Lillard.

All the more confused when I think about him leaving a comfortable and fun position.
Agreed. I really hoped he'd sign on for Toronto for just a year to go for a repeat and then move on if he really wanted to. He had it great here. The whole country worshiped him. The entire team and administration respected him and let him do what he thought was best for his health with no complaints. He was offered free homes/condos, free food for life from MANY Toronto restaurants, etc. if he chose to stay. This isn't even mentioning the max salary that Raptors would have given him if he wanted. He walked away from millions (although he did that in San Antonio to come to Toronto in the first place so I guess he doesn't care about making max money anyway). Again, I understand that he really wanted to move home, but I don't think I personally could have given all that up just to play in my own backyard.

I know it's never going to happen again (?), but I think no home court advantage will really make this post season interesting. Just your actual team cheering you on in the pros - that's crazy.

The Jazz are playing their best ball of the season without one of their starters. Mitchell had a brain fart or we would most likely be up 3-0.
I think the games are just as fun this way. I love all the camera footage from the floor.

I’ve always like Quinn Synder, I’m glad he got his shot at the big times.
Love Donavan Mitchell!
I think the addition of simulated crowd noises has made me forget that they’re playing in front 17 people lol

Btw.
Luca Doncic is a stud, made it home today in time to catch that 4thQ and OT.
Yeah, he’a bitch ass white boy that straight dumped on everyone out there! Good for him!

Quinn is awesome! The crowd noise definitely make the games seem more normal. I'm sure it helps cover up the language too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom