My Wife is going to be on Good Morning America (1 Viewer)

FDLmold

Royal Flush
Reaction score
My wife was a stay at home mom with a college education she didn't really want that could get her jobs that she didn't really enjoy. So one day she has the bright idea to go back to school and learn construction. She won a Mike Rowe scholarship. Now she works in the industry. In light of the college bribery scandal, GMA thinks my wife has a story worth telling. I'll probably have some blurb on there talking about how I get to buy tools for birthdays and anniversaries and how my wife approves. Should be on the air Wednesday during the second half of the show. They will know more tomorrow I think.

My wife was a stay at home mom with a college education she didn't really want that could get her jobs that she didn't really enjoy. So one day she has the bright idea to go back to school and learn construction. She won a Mike Rowe scholarship. Now she works in the industry. In light of the college bribery scandal, GMA thinks my wife has a story worth telling. I'll probably have some blurb on there talking about how I get to buy tools for birthdays and anniversaries and how my wife approves. Should be on the air Wednesday during the second half of the show. They will know more tomorrow I think.
Will def keep an eye out and put it on record, worth watching

If you're buying tools, stay away from Dewalt. I'm a contractor with 25 years experience. Makita and Bosch are the way to go.

If you're buying tools, stay away from Dewalt. I'm a contractor with 25 years experience. Makita and Bosch are the way to go.
I just started converting over to Milwaukee
Been kamita for years but loving my milwaukees, although I love my Dewalt LED bar

LOL all we own are Dewalt brushless/20V. Her baby is the battery operated finishing nailer. The Makitas have always impressed me. If I remember right they were the first serious cordless tools.

I haven't tried the 20v brushless, but every Dewalt tool I ever bought, died within 2 years. My Makita and Bosch tools are the originals I bought 10-20 years ago. Only had to replace batteries and one trigger on a circ saw.

I just started converting over to Milwaukee
Been kamita for years but loving my milwaukees, although I love my Dewalt LED bar

Milwaukee is the way to go imo, had makita and dewalt previously. New dewalt brushless seems alright, but old 18v was garbage. It’s been at least 12 years since I ran makita, and have no desire to try them again. All my tools are cordless, and Milwaukee and dewalt have so many great cordless options now

Wow. This just showed up in my Facebook page. I assumed it was your wife

Cool

7C2CA1A6-7F13-4A40-8FE4-71B931FF2A8F.png

Great story and a great message about taking charge of your life and getting after what brings you joy, at any age. Thanks for sharing!

Just watched the video, great clip and really cool she was featured!

I also couldn't agree more with it. My sister got here BS/MS in social working but switched over to carpentry 7 years after college and is loving it. I have a BS and MSA but like most would say I only use 10% of the skills in my job now. Seriously hope by the time I have kids in college that apprenticeship replaces 80% of college requirements. Skills on the job transfer 100% and save the employee and company money in the long run.

Msu grad too?? Go green!! I work for a very large construction company and we’ve known for years that the skilled trades were going to have a huge gap around the country. It’s hitting us now. We are doing what we can to educate high school students. Most still want to “go have that college experience”. Then they get degrees in a field that has no opportunity. But it’s crazy how much money you can make as a skilled trade person. Mike’s message is spot on - as usual. Great job to your wife and family!!

I'm married to a celebrity! I watched it live at 8:20, then watched it again when they linked the segment to their article on my wife. I'm in the writeup saying how it's great that I get to buy TOOLS for anniversaries and Christmas. It ain't poker chips, but it's about as good.

Thanks for the positive vibes everybody.

Link to the segment. Robin and Mike both mentioned my wife by name on national TV to 4 million plus viewers. Pretty cool.

Funniest part of the story, the camera crew that came to Elkhart was from Chicago. Their last two special assignments were interviews with R Kelly and Jussie Smollett. Ha! They enjoyed coming to our town and schlepping around with some regular folks.

Link to the segment. Robin and Mike both mentioned my wife by name on national TV to 4 million plus viewers. Pretty cool.

Funniest part of the story, the camera crew that came to Elkhart was from Chicago. Their last two special assignments were interviews with R Kelly and Jussie Smollett. Ha! They enjoyed coming to our town and schlepping around with some regular folks.
HA!! so they didn't stick around long enough to find out that you were a crazy chip-a-holic?!?! ...whew!!! Disaster averted!

Great segment, congrats to your wife!

I manage a trucking company and there is definitely a HUGE market for drivers with a Class A CDL license, as there is a drought of qualified drivers. You'll earn high-five figures and sometimes 6-figures depending on the job you take.

My drivers are all local, home every night (we work typically M-F 9am-9pm but most nights you're home earlier) and they all make mid to high 5-figures driving car haulers.

Over-the-road drivers can make a lot more, but it's also a different lifestyle as far as time away from home.

Regardless, it's definitely an area where there's opportunity for those interested.

All I'm teaching my boys is that if you are willing to work hard, there will ALWAYS be opportunity in America (until politicians screw it up).

And yes I agree, I thought the segment was EXCELLENT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom