My Last Ever Set. Silver Club on CPC (1 Viewer)

547ADCF7-B90A-4798-9952-2EFE55A0454F.png

love the $1 and the $5. have you tried swapping the black and the orange on the $5? I'm a huge fan of the pseudo-gradiant on triple spots; this chip seems like a great candidate.

love the $1 and the $5. have you tried swapping the black and the orange on the $5? I'm a huge fan of the pseudo-gradiant on triple spots; this chip seems like a great candidate.
I did. But the black is such a polarizing color it makes the spots look off-center. :confused
7065B0B0-9C1D-4202-91AC-785C0DB4C224.png

I think the butterscotch is too light for the gradient. back to orange and maroon to the rescue!

f14a0e56-10c6-4e00-9b13-5b93c5af3a9e.png

I preferred you old $1. It was awesome

Oh and how many times have you said it's the final design now :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. I don't believe you anymore lol

New $5 and $20 look great.

I love the colors that you settled on!

What is the price increase for having a shaped inlay vs a round inlay? I didn't see it on the pricelist. Does it also increase wait/production time?

I love the colors that you settled on!

What is the price increase for having a shaped inlay vs a round inlay? I didn't see it on the pricelist. Does it also increase wait/production time?
Scalloped is 44c, Cog is .55c and the rest except for hub is 65c. Hub is 87c. It’s like jumping two or three extra spot levels. :( I spent 75% of my allocated funds on the tourney set because it’s what we use most. The shaped inlays accounted for a huge amount of the total cost. But it was totally worth it. Every penny.

I preferred you old $1. It was awesome

Oh and how many times have you said it's the final design now :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. I don't believe you anymore lol

New $5 and $20 look great.
Agreed. I think I actually shed a tear stepping away from it. I wanted deeper tones to go with the tourney set. I also had a HUGE mountain to over come with the .87c wallop the Hub inlay added to the cost of the set. The ones and fives being the biggest part of the order. It had to happen. But it was like picking a finger to cut off, I kid you not. :p

Agreed. I think I actually shed a tear stepping away from it. I wanted deeper tones to go with the tourney set. I also had a HUGE mountain to over come with the .87c wallop the Hub inlay added to the cost of the set. The ones and fives being the biggest part of the order. It had to happen. But it was like picking a finger to cut off, I kid you not. :p
The workhorse will be the $1 and $5. You've only got 2 shaped inlays and it's on the chips that won't be in play as often.

I'd not make sacrifices to the workhorse to get a shaped inlay on the chips that won't see as much action. Work your design magic and faux shape all of them.

Edit. Or do you mean you blew the budget on another tourney set?

Last edited:
The workhorse will be the $1 and $5. You've only got 2 shaped inlays and it's on the chips that won't be in play as often.

I'd not make sacrifices to the workhorse to get a shaped inlay on the chips that won't see as much action. Work your design magic and faux shape all of them.
I can’t do it. It’s this stupid thing in my brain. I can’t bring myself to do a faux shaped inlay on a chip that’ll cost almost $2 each. Lipstick and pig comes to mind. There’s also the issue of variance. I can use the chiptool and get color matching bang on. But when the clay is made, there will inevitably be a tone difference. This can also be seen when people do add-ons to their sets and you can see differing tones in the rack. Once that happens the whole faux inlay is shot.
to be honest, I’m happier with the round inlays. The gradient I used in the art dictates that they be used only with predominantly round inlays. See below. I‘ll use the clover because it’s deep cuts better show the issue.
A1B636C9-3560-4CF2-A88B-0483AB91D472.png
B9325720-A267-428F-AD4B-D17548DBD0A6.png

I liked the standard sized inlays on the smaller chips. But they look good regardless.
There is a reason I want the oversized inlays...
even if I sell the chips I know that they will never be defaced for custom stickers. Not without screwing up the horse heads. That, and IMO the larger size looks better against the 1/8” spots.

There is a reason I want the oversized inlays...
even if I sell the chips I know that they will never be defaced for custom stickers. Not without screwing up the horse heads. That, and IMO the larger size looks better against the 1/8” spots.
Yeah they will look great no matter the route you choose. Excited to see the end result.

A few pics of the newly acquired chips. Tons of different iterations but ultimately settled on making both a Cash set and a Tournament set. Both borrowed chips from the previous pics in this thread but both were cost conscious with the lion’s share going to the tournament set. (Which has vanished in the mail. :()

F93FDDA3-CBF7-4ABC-9ADA-5A00722AFC63.jpeg
BB71D2E5-ECB6-4622-A973-804900B9016E.jpeg
A9806E64-1D3D-4E03-93AE-630C64F75898.jpeg
997DCF57-2A1D-483C-B3B9-A5906C8B4558.jpeg
57C64643-0D00-4419-8A4A-446BD5E3A683.jpeg
70FCBFD1-F030-4853-82FD-D0D9E0EE2E80.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom