My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (18 Viewers)

Hey, thanks for the Slow Poker tip! That guy was hilarious! I'll add him to the file.

Secondly, I think most of the people you will offend by the "Sucka Deala" comment will be weeded out by the "Poker Jeesus" handle. You are probably good.

Thirdly, I love that you are doing a fun plo video. Most that I have watched are either so degen they should join gamblers anonymous or dry dry dry. I hope you find a happy medium.

I'm a subscriber!

Hey, thanks for the Slow Poker tip! That guy was hilarious! I'll add him to the file.

Secondly, I think most of the people you will offend by the "Sucka Deala" comment will be weeded out by the "Poker Jeesus" handle. You are probably good.

Thirdly, I love that you are doing a fun plo video. Most that I have watched are either so degen they should join gamblers anonymous or dry dry dry. I hope you find a happy medium.

I'm a subscriber!

Yes, Slow Poker is a riot and deserves the subs for sure!

Ty for subbing!

Well done! I enjoyed this much more than the online ones. Also helps that you had a crazy degenerate table.

TYTY!

Yeah, when that dude limps in, then facing a pot and my limp-repot shoves over the top with J632 double s00ted! HEE-HAAAWWWW!

I really can't wait to share the other sessions, including my huge win where I ran like absolute god and just dodged all the shitty rivers, while charging max value on previous streets to my chasing opponents.

It's pretty time-consuming to edit all of this together. But I managed to create some shortcuts that allow me to apply a template to certain elements to resize and position them on the screen (the cards, for instance). So I can just put the Ace of spades in there, apply a template to it and it's positioned and sized where I need it.

I did enjoy adding in the table banter as I felt it provides a more visceral feel for the viewer "being there", more than just me narrating the action.

When I watched the video and the guy to your right kept calling with what he would keep calling a really terrible hand I was wondering if he was going to later reveal a monster or if the flop would just smash him in the face. Turns out he was a really honest and probably degenerate guy lol

When I watched the video and the guy to your right kept calling with what he would keep calling a really terrible hand I was wondering if he was going to later reveal a monster or if the flop would just smash him in the face. Turns out he was a really honest and probably degenerate guy lol

Yes, he was having fun and straight action

Very good, will watch again. Aren't you worried that the regs would watch your videos though?
Being a regular viewer of many vlogs, I can tell you that some regs play worse when the camera is out just to "make the vlog". It's uncanny that you would want to get on video playing poorly, but it sure happens a ton.

Very good, will watch again. Aren't you worried that the regs would watch your videos though?

Not really. The good players aren't going to be the guys I make my profit from, it's the bad players

Degens gonna degen. And as was stated, some players will play bad trying to make the vlog. They'll find it's far more expensive doing so in PLO I'd wager

Not really. The good players aren't going to be the guys I make my profit from, it's the bad players
Congratulations. You think like a pro!

From Phil Gordon's Little Green Book...

One night at the Bellagio, I passed by a No Limit game with $10 and $20 blinds. Seated at the table were Antonio Esfandiari, Gus Hansen, Phil Laak, Rafe Furst, and maybe three other name players. I couldn’t Imagine why any one of them would be in the game. None of the pros had a huge edge over any of the others. And then I saw the weak spot. "Harry” was a true angel from Austin, Texas. He had wads of hundreds, banded in $10,000 bundles, and he was betting at least one of them on what seemed like every single hand.

There was a seat open. I took it.

hmm.. wonder where you got that book.. haha
LOL

I glanced at it (Johnathan didn't grab it on game day, but Ian will be here Saturday). After a few pages I borrowed it online - because at my age, a 20-point font is just the right size.

...it's also easier to search for a quote you remember. And I can copy/paste instead of retyping all that.

Ok, once again this video is unlisted so only visible with a link. I removed the sound and it's just being used to test new card graphics on mobile devices to make sure the visibility is better.

I also added a shadow effect to the headings and underlined them to help them pop a bit better. Hopefully this is a big improvement?

Ok, once again this video is unlisted so only visible with a link. I removed the sound and it's just being used to test new card graphics on mobile devices to make sure the visibility is better.

I also added a shadow effect to the headings and underlined them to help them pop a bit better. Hopefully this is a big improvement?

Shorten the headings

My Hand - Community - Opponents

I think everyone understands they are "cards"

Much better.

But the vertical alignment of the numbers on the cards looks different for each card.

Bet and pot size would be nice to see. Although it would be alot to keep track of as you play.

Also position of everyone involved would be nice to see.

Bet and pot size would be nice to see. Although it would be alot to keep track of as you play.

Also position of everyone involved would be nice to see.

I'm sure over time I'll get there. Right now I'm doing my best not to knock my camera stand over every hand lol.

Sorry to break it to you, I don't think you're growing anymore.

how-dare-you-harry-potter.gif

I personally didn't like anything about the sucka deala comment. But your humor is your personality, and I'd have to think that if you're going to distinguish your videos from all the other videos, it will be with your personality. So I'd say you do you and see how it goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom