My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (25 Viewers)

I l
@Poker Zombie what do you think? I made an effort to add animated bets and cards moving, plus various sound effects to give it a more tactile feel for the viewer.

It's a little cumbersome, took me roughly an hour to compile this short clip. But I was also figuring out and downloading sound effects and such as I went, so it should flow smoother now that I've got those chip and card sounds figured out for future hands.
I loved it!

I'm just not good at phone texting - I'm all old-school computers

I'd get rid of the chip splashing noise, as it may get tiring and repetitive after hearing ir a few times. That's just me though.
I feel like without it the video loses some of the "punch" that draws attention to bets, but maybe others feel like you do?

that was actually my first thought as well.

that said, i also think the way you currently have it is fine, and if it's going to take you all that time to animate it, it ain't worth the trouble.

i am enjoying the content, keep at it!

Last edited:
that was actually my first thought as well.

that said, i also think the way you currently have it is fine, and if it's going to take you all that time to animate it, it ain't worth the trouble.

i am enjoying the content, keep at it!

The noise or lack of punch if silent?

If the hand at 3:15:25 is any indication of the PLO at The Lodge, I'm going to make a mint!

:wow:

I have a tough time with the live stream commentary though. When the guy said "Detroit-style pizza wasn't a thing", I wanted to slam him with a Buddy's deep-dish pan.

Sure, the term "Detroit-style" wasn't a thing, it was just Buddy's. It wasn't until they started getting copied outside the area that the term was coined.

I do agree that Pizza Rock is the best pizza in Vegas though.

Wait, where cards being played? I was caught up on pizza.

:wow:

I have a tough time with the live stream commentary though. When the guy said "Detroit-style pizza wasn't a thing", I wanted to slam him with a Buddy's deep-dish pan.

Sure, the term "Detroit-style" wasn't a thing, it was just Buddy's. It wasn't until they started getting copied outside the area that the term was coined.

I do agree that Pizza Rock is the best pizza in Vegas though.

Wait, where cards being played? I was caught up on pizza.

You're gonna owe Skull Mike a sandwich if this keeps up!

Just got the remaining pieces for my PC setup here in Austin:

logitech.png

Played my first session of PLO at The Lodge yesterday. Saw multiple instances of straddles to 10, 20, etc. We even had some pots hit 40, 80 and one that was at 160 preflop.

Overall it was a Monday afternoon into evening though, so the game wasn't as crazy as I was hoping. Still, a decent amount of passive calling stations which are my favorite, and $15 double board bomb pots every round.

My first table sucked and I got a table change pretty quick fortunately. 2nd table was more lively and fun, plus looser. Now I just gotta go through all my footage and put a vlog together.

Bought 2k in chips, put 1k into play. Ran pure, dodged bad rivers while getting max value on previous streets

Cashed out $7,451. My biggest win EVAR!!

View attachment 987486
Told ya this was a good move for you Anthony. These games are total action. Pendulum can swing the other way too though of course. Droolers get there sometimes too.

Told ya this was a good move for you Anthony. These games are total action. Pendulum can swing the other way too though of course. Droolers get there sometimes too.

I mean, I had a dble board bomb pot where me and another guy flopped and held nuts on one board, and both rivered trip Jacks on 2nd board. I had Ace kicker, he had K, so he got quartered in a cooler

I got freerolled and could've lost 2k in another hand but chopped

Also flopped nut straight next to last hand of session against guy with set plus gutshot

He called off 2/3 of his stack on turn trying to run me down

It could have easily gone bad if the chasers got there for sure

The action is easier to follow on the electronic site.

I know its a ton of effort, but is there some way to show position correlated with a bet or stack.

The electronic version you could see pot totals, and which helped with understanding the action. So if you had an SPR < 1 or close it made it understandable when you called with 10s on the turn. I mean its a sucky spot but at least I understood your donk moves. :LOL: :laugh: (jk)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom