My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (40 Viewers)

I’d suggest keeping videos under 10 minutes. Get really good at tight content, then slowly expand. Kinda like learning poker, you have be more experienced before you can effectively play wider ranges.

Episode 3 is up. You'll find the hand replayer looks a lot better on mobile

I make a straight flush in this episode, but that's not even my favorite hsnd (it's the 5/10 hand at the end)

As always appreciate everyones feedback!

Thank-you for posting this - I enjoyed it a lot. Your detailed explanations of your thought processes are really appreciated.

Also, feel free to share some hands you lost or hands in which you feel you made errors. This would also be very helpful for beginning PLO players like me.

Thank-you for posting this - I enjoyed it a lot. Your detailed explanations of your thought processes are really appreciated.

Also, feel free to share some hands you lost or hands in which you feel you made errors. This would also be very helpful for beginning PLO players like me.

My previous episodes do have some losing hands as well and spots where I point out mistakes

I have a backlog of about 30 hands so I just get through them in order as best I can

Ty for watching and providing feedback

I just watched episodes 1 and 2, and I enjoyed both of those. You got some chuckles out of me in episode 1 when you flash up your avatar - he seems to be saying "WTF?!?"

I'm looking forward to episode 4.

Run goot!

Have you considered separating the vlog discussion from your live play thread?

This isn't a "live play thread"? It HAS been focused on live play for a long time because that is what I was playing

But it's my journey playing poker for a living, which I'm now doing online rather than live

I actually have a backlog of 30'ish hands to share for future episodes right now

It'll be awhile before I get to this hand, got tons ahead of it, but wanted to share:

http://replay.pppoker.net/game_reco...are_platform_str=copylink&os=windows&os_ver=0

These guys go high so I go low and get it in for a pot with $3,600 in it four-ways as the equity favorite:

1.png

Then we flop HUGE, pulling up to 60% equity

2.png

So we're looking good to scoop, but then the shortest stack pulls the miracle Queen on the turn, and the next shortest stack pulls the miracle club. We manage to make most of our money back in the side pot against the larger stack who we beat at least, ooch. Winning this one would've been sweet!

Looks like the Colluding Cubans are still up to their old tricks! I was on 2+2 in a post about The Lodge and people were talking about cheating in PLO games, and I mentioned the situation I experienced in Tampa. Someone mentioned over at PokerFraudAlert there was an update recently about my guys.

So I went over and saw at the beginning of the year there was new stuff about them being in New Hampshire running their scam again, including a video of the guy who I remember from the 6 seat, this time he gained weight and he's sporting a full beard

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/s...ans-Cheating-At-Live-PLO-throughout-USA/page2

Very glad to have this image out there.

I'd pull up this video in a NY minute if I saw this guy at a table of mine.

"Hey, you're one of those guys that cheat by marking cards. Yep here's the video"

I'd also announce it to every player that sat at the table until he was booted for breaking tables.

The good news is I got stacks in as an 88% equity favorite on the turn, plus I hadn't topped up to 5k yet as I had just sat down

Slow played the flop, got stacks in on turn

Screenshot_20220416-230402_PPPoker.jpg
Screenshot_20220416-230946_Chrome.jpg

Where's the barf reaction emoji?:sick::vomit:

He spiked a 7 on the river, he picks and chooses to run once or twice. When he saw how far behi d he was, he picked once

Had this gem the other day too. I limp repot (yes, one of these fucking idiots raised this shit pre) they both called and I was committed on the flop. Of course two Jacks flop and they both have one

I should be fucking retired right now they play SO bad

Screenshot_20220415-224853_PPPoker.jpg

He spiked a 7 on the river, he picks and chooses to run once or twice. When he saw how far behi d he was, he picked once

Had this gem the other day too. I limp repot (yes, one of these fucking idiots raised this shit pre) they both called and I was committed on the flop. Of course two Jacks flop and they both have one

I should be fucking retired right now they play SO bad

View attachment 897953
I mean, you say yourself preflop equities in PLO aren't as large as with hold em. Even a call with either of those hands to a pot bet is marginal, at best. It's bingo playing that'll make you rich with time, but man, is it frustrating in the short term.

I mean, you say yourself preflop equities in PLO aren't as large as with hold em. Even a call with either of those hands to a pot bet is marginal, at best. It's bingo playing that'll make you rich with time, but man, is it frustrating in the short term.

You ain't lying. That we all had cards blocking one another, I think I was 50% equity three ways, which long-term is printing money, but clearly short term not so much

Man people are fucking soft as baby shit these days, I'm just out here making friends

Guy on my friends list posts a cash game win, I reply with the "but how much did u lose" line, a pretty clear joke

He unfriends and blocks me. The fragility of peoples egos post-covid is astounding

He also had to send me this private message before blocking me

Screenshot_20220419-210506_Messenger.jpg

Man people are fucking soft as baby shit these days, I'm just out here making friends

Guy on my friends list posts a cash game win, I reply with the "but how much did u lose" line, a pretty clear joke

He unfriends and blocks me. The fragility of peoples egos post-covid is astounding

He also had to send me this private message before blocking me

View attachment 898715

Based on the reaction, I'm guessing your joke was actually the truth :LOL: :laugh:. Probably hit too close to home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom