My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (36 Viewers)

I would not say the mobile viewing experience is terrible or anything, actually far from it! I enjoyed the vlog, just wanted to share some feedback with you. I'm on a S10 so not tiny but not the biggest of screens either.

I think my comment about not being optimized for mobile has to do with the fact that about 1/3 of the screen is unused... even if the table was rotated 90 degrees that might optimize the space better? I shared a screen shot of what I'm talking about... Unfortunately I have no helpful solutions or advice...

Also, the intro was pretty hilarious... I'm already looking forward 100% to Episode #2.

View attachment 874802

Yeah, unfortunately the software I'm playing on doesn't have a landscape mode, and me rotating the table would just display all the cards and peoples names sideways which would look really goofy.

I might be able to shift everything to the right in the next episode to make it better centered with a more even amount of dead space on both sides, although with the current layout I envisioned maybe some type of vertical banner on that right side.

Will continue tweaking and improving, really appreciate the feedback!

I like how you have the dorm room background. It really gives the vibe of being a professional online player. Honestly I thought it was a fake background and chuckled when I realized it wasn’t.

I couldn’t see equity calcs on my phone screen. A little too small.

I liked the explanations of you logic (agree or disagree aside) the speed and amount of time seemed right.

Pace of video was a little slow and probably a little long for success. Keep under 10 minutes and move along quickly.

These take a lot of work so congrats for putting out content and best of luck.

I like how you have the dorm room background. It really gives the vibe of being a professional online player. Honestly I thought it was a fake background and chuckled when I realized it wasn’t.

I liked the explanations of you logic (agree or disagree aside) the speed and amount of time seemed right.

Pace of video was a little slow and probably a little long for success. Keep under 10 minutes and move along quickly.

I KNEW the room was gonna catch comments. Just a spare bedroom where I have my computer

I use that bed if I play a late night session and don't want to wake up Jenn, or if I snore too much she boots me outta the master bedroom

A

Also forgot to ask what spots you disagreed with?

I know I can be mighty stubborn sometimes and I've turned some members off over strategic differences in the past

But I do realize I make mistakes and even point one out in the first hand. Still would enjoy your thoughts on what you would play differently

A

Also forgot to ask what spots you disagreed with?

I know I can be mighty stubborn sometimes and I've turned some members off over strategic differences in the past

But I do realize I make mistakes and even point one out in the first hand. Still would enjoy your thoughts on what you would play differently
I was just giving vlog feedback and didn’t want to muddy waters with strat feedback. I don’t remember my exact thoughts. All the hands seemed pretty standard. That might be part of it. You want to select hands with tough, debatable situations. Coolers and whatnot are clickbait but I’d rather see interesting spots.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the lack of trap music over any part of the VLOG. Isn't that mandatory for any poker VLOG? I mean, there are rules, right?

I can't believe no one has mentioned the lack of trap music over any part of the VLOG. Isn't that mandatory for any poker VLOG? I mean, there are rules, right?

I'm going to get my recorder from 3rd grade and play Michael Row The Boat Ashore, since that's the only song I remember them teaching us

51XQEYf1XBL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

I'm going to get my recorder from 3rd grade and play Michael Row The Boat Ashore, since that's the only song I remember them teaching us

View attachment 874921
It's a start. Can anyone put some trap drums on that track at least? I just don't know if I can listen without some 64th note hi hat fills and snare claps.

Last edited:
Even on my laptop, the equity was tiny, with unreadable percentages. The 1/3 blank screen was weird too. I spent the first few minutes trying to figure out if the error was on my end.

Overall it was excellent though. Made me want to play Omaha!

Even on my laptop, the equity was tiny, with unreadable percentages. The 1/3 blank screen was weird too. I spent the first few minutes trying to figure out if the error was on my end.

Overall it was excellent though. Made me want to play Omaha!

I'll get it looking better for the next installment, thank you for the feedback!

So moved my desk around to give a nicer background. I'll get some stuff hung up on the wall behind me to fill it out.

As you can see I'm not wearing headphones anymore. The amazing @Tommy sponsored me (think Nooker, but hopefully more successful) by buying me the 10th Anniversary Blue Yeti standalone mic so I don't have to wear my cumbersome headset for the recording.

eyes_closed.png

blue_yeti.jpg

So moved my desk around to give a nicer background. I'll get some stuff hung up on the wall behind me to fill it out.

As you can see I'm not wearing headphones anymore. The amazing @Tommy sponsored me (think Nooker, but hopefully more successful) by buying me the 10th Anniversary Blue Yeti standalone mic so I don't have to wear my cumbersome headset for the recording.

View attachment 876682

View attachment 876686
You just need one of those @Redbelly prints to hang up now!

Next episode is up!

Yes, I know the first hand displayed a lot larger and the other hands seem to have shrunk down for some reason. Will have to mess with that in the next episode to keep it at that larger setting so it's a better viewing experience.

Oooch, game was nuts tonight, tons of action. I swung for the fences a ton against one player who was just potting preflop, on the flop, etc. and unfortunately ran like dogshit in most of the matchups.

I limp repot against the maniac and a caller holding AA97 suited, they both call creating a pot of $288 and I have $381 behind. The flop LOOKS great for my hand, with the nut flush draw plus it being paired, but somehow both these nitwits show up with a 6 in their hands and I'm left drawing to two outs as one already flopped the full house on a J66 board with two diamonds

The raiser had the JT63 lol.

duh.png

Then I get stacks in on the turn in a relative coinflip. We agree to run it twice but his set holds, I miss the straight and flush draws

flip.png

I get it in pre against the over-aggro player as a slight favorite

flip2.png

by the turn we're looking pretty good

flip2_1.png

So he needs to hit an Ace, a King or a 3, otherwise I double up. Binks the 3 on the river

This next one stung a ton. I call a raise preflop from the maniac, we see the flop four ways. I have 20 outs twice as I can hit the K, Q, J, 8, 7 or 6 to make a straight on this board. My opponent repots with just one pair and a backdoor straight draw

20outs.png

Board runs out 45 and he scoops me again

In the below hand I limp-repot with AAKQ suited to 250 and both players cold-call. There's 800 in the pot on the flop and I have 650 behind so an automatic shove

limp_repot.png
limp_repot2.png

They both flop the flush draw, we get the money in. No waiting, :3c: on the turn and I'm drawing dead.

I have :kh::tc::9h::8c: on a flop of :qc::6h::4h: Guy in the blinds bets the flop, I call from the CO. Turn :jd: giving me a gazillion frigging outs with a full wrap plus the flush draw. He checks to me, I suspect the 2nd nfd here if I make it will be good, plus I can hit an Ace, King, Ten, 9, 8 or 7 to make the nut straight on top of it. Just too many outs.

He checks, I pot for 90, he calls. River an offsuit 5 and I somehow am suffering from TooManyOutsItis and he leads into me and I have to fold and see him scoop the $270 pot

I FINALLY get it in behind and manage to squeek out a flush on the turn and avoid the board pair on the river after I get it all-in on the flop against the maniac here who's flopped top set when I'm open-ended and have the nut flush draw

finally.png

But still a crushing night, booking a loss of $2,467 :(

Got 20 hands added into my PokerPoise replayer, and captured video of 11 of those so far and cropped and scaled them. Last vlog fit 7 hands in and it was around a 20 minute long video, which I think works well although I'm open to input. I know Brad Owen has been putting out 30 minute videos lately, and DonkFishPoker who plays PLO has been putting out 10 minute long ones.

Either way still need to do voiceover work on hands and my intro/outro for Vlog #3, but feels good to get some of the cumbersome hand recreation out of the way at least

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom