My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (27 Viewers)

Skating away the stress tonight. Back on the felt tmrw (red shirt and khakis)

Knew I've seen this before:

tenor.gif

Game REALLY good

Fish on my right bet $50 with broadway on the following board

:ac::qc::qh::ks::2c:

Then another drooler minraised to 100 with Q2xx and the other fish paid it off

Got a hyper aggro potting into multiple opponents with KKxx after the turn when the flop was 347 flop (he had 2nd nfd) and checked around

Turn offsuit 8, he pots again, multiple callers. River offsuit J. Pots and I was going to call with AAJ7 with nut suit and rivered 2 pr, but fish who called with straight last time calls so I had to fold (he had J8xx for better 2 pr and won a big pot)

Guy on my immediate left has $5500 (max is 1k here) and saw him call a raise with Q764 so this game is AMAZING

Unfortunately I'm not getting spots to win any big pots yet, just glad game so good on a Thurs afternoon

Last edited:
And the stress is creeping back. The level of incompetence continues unabated here

View attachment 694206

Two part question:

1. What are you drinking while playing usually?

2. Is it possible (not being a smartass here) for you to go get your own drink? Seems like waiting for over a half hour isn't worth it when you can just stretch your legs, get a refreshment and head back to the table.

Two part question:

1. What are you drinking while playing usually?

2. Is it possible (not being a smartass here) for you to go get your own drink? Seems like waiting for over a half hour isn't worth it when you can just stretch your legs, get a refreshment and head back to the table.

Room temp waters, the sustenance of nits everywhere

Yes, there's a poker snackbar I could go, but service wasn't this shitty before

Besides, I need more in my life infuriating me lol

Was thinking the same thing.

If I just sat down at a table and I saw a stack that was 3x the max buy in.
All I see is more money to win.

You do realize you just took 2k you could have won off the table, right?

The max I can buy in for is 1k. I don't care if the guy sitting with 3k is the fishiest fish, no one should be breaking the rules and getting an advantage

If I double up and he has me covered and busts me later....

Dude can rebuy the extra money if he busts

I’m no pro obviously.
But wouldn’t you want as much on the table as possible?

Then get to work?

Edit: unless i missed the lesson where minimizing the money on the table is optimal so you have to win more hands to get same dollar value?

If I just sat down at a table and I saw a stack that was 3x the max buy in.
All I see is more money to win.

I didn't just sit down, HE just sat down

Let's say I'm stacked up to 4800 in this game, max buyin is 1k

Guy tries to sit with 40k, should I just let him?

I didn't just sit down, HE just sat down

Let's say I'm stacked up to 4800 in this game, max buyin is 1k

Guy tries to sit with 40k, should I just let him?

Obviously there are buy in caps for a reason. ( I don’t know why )

you are there to win money.

if you have 4800 and that’s average stack in a max 1k That’s great. Now work the table.

like I said. I’m no pro.

Someone wants to sit with 48k at the table. I would not care personally.
If they think they are going to bully this fish around they are in for a surprise.

And we are talking 3k. Not 48k

I wouldn’t have said anything. But I know more than a few who would

Guy just moved from the 5/5 game and tried sitting with 3k, I had to speak up since the dealer didn't catch it

View attachment 694212

The max I can buy in for is 1k. I don't care if the guy sitting with 3k is the fishiest fish, no one should be breaking the rules and getting an advantage

If I double up and he has me covered and busts me later....

Dude can rebuy the extra money if he busts

I mean @Anthony Martino is right. Now if they aren't going to enforce the rule, he should immediately add on 2k. Then Anthony is in a position to take on the whale. Otherwise, AM is right. If his buy in is restricted so should everyone else.

Obviously there are buy in caps for a reason. ( I don’t know why )

you are there to win money.

if you have 4800 and that’s average stack in a max 1k That’s great. Now work the table.

like I said. I’m no pro.

Someone wants to sit with 48k at the table. I would not care personally.
If they think they are going to bully this fish around they are in for a surprise.

The problem is you can't beat deep pockets

His attempt to buyin for 3k has me covered, and will still have me covered even if I double up

Why should he get special treatment? I don't know the guy, he could be a really strong player.

I don't believe in picking and choosing rules, they apply across the board, no special treatment, this isn't a private game

Just thinking out loud here

Do you find you have a small edge over the other players at the table who have min stacks?
I know in tournament and cash play you can sort of predict a Players response / action to a bet based on what they have behind.

Just thinking out loud here

Do you find you have a small edge over the other players at the table who have min stacks?
I know in tournament and cash play you can sort of predict a Players response / action to a bet based on what they have behind.

The players with small stacks can't hurt me. But if they get it in preflop, equities run closer together, so my hands edge over them is less

My goal is to keep pot sizes manageable, and hands multiway, going to the flop

It makes it harder for other pros to bluff, since they are facing 5 opponents

It also increases the chances a fish will continue with a hand that I may have drawing dead or close to it after the flop

Guy on my right frequently bets straights on flushed and paired boards, just spews

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom