My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (37 Viewers)

Man, my favorite games been running like dogshit. Get A24xx with three suits in Badacey and just brick-brick while droolers are drawing 3 and 4 cards and getting there

Start with 247 in triple draw, bricking

Was back to my buyin, back up $100 but been a rough few hours

Just saw two #1's in triple draw showdown against a #2, ouch

Ooch, what a swingy night. Started off running hot and up close to $300 early

Saw that swing back towards starting stack as I ran terrible in Baduecy, Badacey, 2-7 Triple Draw and A-5 Triple Draw

Managed to get back up $100, then $200, then fell off a cliff qnd nearing the end of the session was down $100

TGT closes at 2am and it was the absolute final hand of the night. I have the button playing Baduecy and after limpers raise with

:3d::4c::5h:XX

Bunch of callers and on my first draw pickup the beautiful :7s: so I can feel comfortable betting or raising

Everyone check-calls my bet, I draw one and BINK it's the :2h: for the nuts and a perfect 7 dugi

SB checks, BB bets $12, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, I raise to $24, SB, BB and UTG+1 all call, the CO folds

I stand pat and get the SB and BB to pay off my river bet

This pot swings me back into the positive as I cash out with a $62 profit lol

fast furious winning is winning.gif

Just got the triple up. In for $1300 and 2 guys tried using small raises then bigger raises to push me out, but called $240 preflop after multiple raises back and forth with :ad::jd::9c::6c: on the button

Flop is :3d::4d::js:

They both check-call my pot size bet of $780 and I have $130 behind

Turn :9s:

One guy shoves, I get it in, SB calls and he only goes once

River :kc:

Winner of side pot has a pair of queens with Q-high diamond draw

My two pair is good for main pot

20210108_160955.jpg
20210108_161248.jpg

Ok, update on how that big hand played out, I was off a smidge

EP strong pro makes it 20 (i.e. minraise)

I call on button, SB makes it 40 (degen gambler who only goes once, he's not terrible, but he can play a very wide range of hands so you are always at risk with him)

Then EP repops to 70, I call both raises on button and SB repops to 240, figuring maybe he can shake one of us loose

EP guy just calls, I call cause fuck these guys!

Then I get about as good a flop as I could hope for and essentially get it in, except the $130 I have left, which goes on the turn

SB never shows but EP shows up with :qh::qd::8d::6d: and later after I had left to play the 1/2 PLO swung by and while talking told me he didn't know what I was doing in the hand and felt I had played it wrong, lol

Like, motherfucker you went nuts with shitty queens OOP against a degenerate gambler that won't fold and a guy who is generally going to have a strong range in these spots (fwiw my play was certainly out of character and looser than usual, but I had position and knew their raises were just trying to force me out, and like I said...

tenor.gif

In for $1,300 out for $4,076

20210108_201832.jpg

A great session today. Back at it early Saturday. Starting at 11am they have regular high hands every 30 minutes, plus a bonus mega high hand every 2 hours that pays 2k to the highest hand of that period

Expecting the place will be packed and lists long, so getting there early so I'm not stuck waiting 3 hrs for a seat

Preflop, he was good.

After the flop, calling $780 isn't terrible just short of a coin-flip with implied odds.

$130 more, even at 27%, is priced in to call.

I know the 3rd player would alter these numbers, but from what I can see, his actions were not bad on any street. Then again, I'm terrible at poker.

Preflop, he was good.

After the flop, calling $780 isn't terrible just short of a coin-flip with implied odds.

$130 more, even at 27%, is priced in to call.

I know the 3rd player would alter these numbers, but from what I can see, his actions were not bad on any street. Then again, I'm terrible at poker.

His preflop play was awful

He's minraising shitty queens OOP with one suit, then getting into a raising war preflop with them against a degenerate loose player who can put him to a tough decision and a rock who has position on him
I can't disagree that minrasing with Q's is a bad play, but it is possible that he was trying to trap/reraise the degen with a playable hand. I also have no idea what kind of read he has on you.

It's certainly not the way I would play it, but if you get inside his head it may actually make sence.

Either way, he paid your mortgage this month, so I'd congratulate him on how well he played the hand, and apologize for dealing him the "bad beat". You have to pay the mortgage next month too.

Sent another reg home, she makes it 2500 pre at 400/800/800

I pop to 10k with AK, she shoves with TT, I flop K

20210109_150420.jpg

Almost busted two more guys but I play too good

Raise :ad::jd: to 2200 from LP

Kids in blinds shove for 34k and other kid for 28k

I fold, they both have AK and I would've rivered the J to bust em both

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom