My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (40 Viewers)

Spoke to my buddy this morning who was in the 5/10 PLO game

Said that guy went from $700 to 20k, lost it all AND went 15k deep into his pocket!

I'm waiting for the luckys game to begin

20201228_101603.jpg

Well I made a boneheaded move to lose my first buyin

Just before this hand starts, guy on the button has a verbal altercation with the player on his right

This hand he is $5 straddle and raises after a bunch of limpers, including myself in the blinds with JJT8 one suit

Flop is 777 and we all check to him. He pots and I repot to isolate, figuring he is steaming

Unfortunately he is not steaming, he legit woke up with AAXX and to top it off, the guy he was fighting with has 7xxx for quads

I buyin for another 1k but continue a slow bleed.

I even tried making some raises pre from the button and CO. Everyone just assumes I always have Aces in those spots, so on a flop of :8s::4s::4h: it's checked to me and I pot it to $180

Guy on my left REPOTS and another guy behind him stacks off and I muck (think I had raised something like J998 double suited, changing up my game a bit)

Anyway, both of them have extremely ugly hands they called a raise OOP with, like J654 and KT43

Fortunately I get involved in a hand that is raised pre and multiway to the flop, I have:

:ts::tc::9c::9d:

Flop is :ah::9h::3h:

We all check.

Turn :2c:

Checked around again

River :9s:

I bet 75 and the guy on my left pots it! I get it in and he has Aces full vs my quads (he didn't reraise from the button pre with his Aces)

My buddy Mike needles me with "good thing you didn't have more money in front of you!"

I manage getting out of the session only stuck $600

Played the $7,500 guaranteed PLO tourney today.

$200 buyin. Only had 5 players about 10-15 minutes after the scheduled start time so they cancelled it and gave us our money back plus a $150 voucher for their monday tourney

We had enough to start a cash game, that filled quick, then more players showed up and they had enough interest to run the tourney and were willing to eat the guarantee as long as they had 9 players

We wound up with 42 entries I think. I managed to final table it. We all agreed to get our $200 back

Then when we got 6 handed my buddy Sean had all the chips, rest of us on fumes. We gave him $2,300 and all took $900 each

Here's some pics plus a final table video

20201229_210420.jpg
20201229_211649.jpg
20201229_225501.jpg
20201230_003349.jpg

Called a $5 button straddle from the HJ with :ah::qh::js::8c:

LAG Button raises to 20, bunch of callers, I pot it to $130

CO and button both call!

Flop is :8h::4h::3h:

BINGO BANGO BONGO VINCE!

I pot it and guy on my left says "REALLY???!!"

thinks for a bit, says "I don't believe you" and puts his stack in (I know he's got the King high now)

Button thinks for awhile, not sure if I want his call lol

He calls with bottom 2 pr and and a bad flush, I hold and scoop

20210101_160441.jpg

Anthony: “This will be an exciting thread about my journey as a professional grinder”

also Anthony: “I got my parking pass renewed for TWO years!“

Please take this to the PPF (parkingpassforum.com).

Not having to park in the crowded general areas on busy days is huge, the Elite parking is much nicer (especially for wheel thieves)

LAG on my right doubles through me

I flop pair plus fd and straight draw, turn 2 pr and repot him

He has top set and holds, whomp whomp

Luckily only had a few hundred so not too bad

Had to settle for a small loss yesterday, -$112 on the session. No luck hitting those $2,021 high hands either

My buddy Mike was in town, he is an X-card and was invited to a 500k blackjack tourney so I got to attend which was cool

He won his first table to advance but busted in the 2nd round, whomp whomp

I have been following this thread loosely and it is an interesting read. One thing I never realized unless it is just different in FL than in NJ by me ... is that there are good enough games that run this early in the morning/afternoon especially on a weekday. GL

I have been following this thread loosely and it is an interesting read. One thing I never realized unless it is just different in FL than in NJ by me ... is that there are good enough games that run this early in the morning/afternoon especially on a weekday. GL

The Monday game at TGT is an anomoly for sure

To be fair, it is Florida. Dinner is at 4:00 pm, and in bed by 8. :watching:

Well, unfortunately what started early as a +$900 day turned into a -$250 one

Got involved in this hand where there was a raise preflop and we were multiway

Nit of nits bets $75 on the flop and to my immediate right

I call, then guy with just the nfd repots all-in for around $320 and then the guy who flopped the nut straight repots all-in for $415 total

The nit, having flopped the nuts but with no redraws lets it go.

I know I'm behind, but figure I have enough equity to call an additional $340 to try and win this massive pot

We run it twice, flush comes in on one board, straight holds on the other and I'm the guy who doesn't improve

Screenshot_20210104-214702_Chrome.jpg

Then later I call a preflop raise from an action player who is OOP

Flop is A95 with two diamonds. He bets smallish, weak player calls, I pot it with A986

Action guy calls, other player folds. K on turn, action checks, I check back. River an offsuit J, he bets smallish, I call and see he has K992 for a flopped middle set plus NFD

Another hand I see a rainbow KJ4 flop with JJTX in my hand

I bet pot of 60, mostly solid player on my left repots, then another player who is new to me but seems solid repots and covers me

I figure the first guy for a wrap. The 2nd guy might have a strong wrap as well, or he might have top set putting me in a ton of trouble

Facing that much action with just middle set and nothing else I let it go

I was correct, first guy has AQJT and other guy has KKxx

They go twice and the wrap wins both boards

It always sucks to start out with a nice profit and see it evaporate

But in the end, I was down $600 at one point and was able to rally back to just down $25 at one point, before dropping a little bit more

I'm off through Thursday, back at Hard Rock on Friday

You know, when it's getting dark at 5:30, that's not a bad schedule. Especially since it eliminates all the crap on TV from 8-11.
How you know Larry is old...
  1. Lives in Florida, and hasn't done any "Florida Man" things.
  2. Goes to bed once he can't see the clouds to yell at them.
  3. Still watches tv on their programming schedule.
;)

How you know Larry is old...
  1. Lives in Florida, and hasn't done any "Florida Man" things.
  2. Goes to bed once he can't see the clouds to yell at them.
  3. Still watches tv on their programming schedule.
;)
1. Hey, Larry *is* old. OTOH, that's how I got my COVID vaccine yesterday. o_O

3. Basically, doesn't watch any TV except for Tennis Channel, AXSTV (Dan Rather and music), and Rachel Maddow (once or twice a week), all by DVR.

2. I yell at them in my dreams. When you're older, you'll understand this. :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom