My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (64 Viewers)

You should unfriend him lol

It's hard to find a man who will fight for your honor these days lol

He's not someone I hang out with, I don't really hang out with anyone

I know him from the Big O game in Oxford and I just try to get along with everyone (unless they are Cuban)

Tonight will be my last session before the holidays. Going to be playing a 6/12 limit mixed game at TGT that was organized by a dealer from the Hard Rock. 9 games available to be picked:

Omaha 8
7-Card Stud
Razz
Stud 8
2-7 Triple Draw
A-5 Triple Draw
Badugi
Badeucy
Badacey

Been forever since I've played any limit mixed games, so should be a nice wind down. Going to be taking Wednesday - Friday off from poker, back at it Saturday at the Hard Rock, off Sunday. Back at TGT Monday and then Tuesday night Silks is running that rescheduled $7,500 guaranteed PLO tourney so will be playing that.
This sounds like my dream non-NLHE game.

It's hard to find a man who will fight for your honor these days lol

He's not someone I hang out with, I don't really hang out with anyone

I know him from the Big O game in Oxford and I just try to get along with everyone (unless they are Cuban)
I know a Cuban. He's a real nice guy. Doesn't play cards.

Probably need to check to see if he is nicking dominoes.

Playing the 6/12 mixed. Up $130 after 4 hours lol. Not going to replace PLO as my bread n butter but a fun game with good people

20201222_230706.jpg

If you play a little tight at mixed game poker, it's hard to lose money. With unfamiliar games that are rarely spread, your opponents will play very badly.

Like that O8 hand. AAJ2 had a one-way hand with A2 only and may as well not have had his other two cards. 99xx guy was playing high only and may as well not have had his other two cards. 77xx guy was setting money on fire, playing for half a pot. 4332 got lucky - flopped bottom set and 3rd nut low - he was worst both ways. If it's dealer's choice at this table, I'm playing O8 every time!

If you play a little tight at mixed game poker, it's hard to lose money. With unfamiliar games that are rarely spread, your opponents will play very badly.

Like that O8 hand. AAJ2 had a one-way hand with A2 only and may as well not have had his other two cards. 99xx guy was playing high only and may as well not have had his other two cards. 77xx guy was setting money on fire, playing for half a pot. 4332 got lucky - flopped bottom set and 3rd nut low - he was worst both ways. If it's dealer's choice at this table, I'm playing O8 every time!
AAJ2 is not getting the worst of it, 4 handed. He could get 6th'd, but that is a lot less likely than getting half.

I wish I could have been in that 6/12 game so badly. Draw games and Stud8 are my favorite non-holdem games. However, using 1s and 5s instead of 2s would be a bit tilting.

I wish I could have been in that 6/12 game so badly. Draw games and Stud8 are my favorite non-holdem games. However, using 1s and 5s instead of 2s would be a bit tilting.

The room has yellow $2 chips too, wish we were using stacks and stacks of those as well.

But when in Gallic-occupied Rome...........

Been wanting to come to Tampa forever - I was supposed to come down in April 2020 but obviously that was canceled.

Around Panama city a lot but might need to make a roast road trip there soon. Would be fun to play live sometime

Been wanting to come to Tampa forever - I was supposed to come down in April 2020 but obviously that was canceled.

Around Panama city a lot but might need to make a roast road trip there soon. Would be fun to play live sometime

Let me know when you'll be in town, would be happy to meetup

The one song that I will hear in my head everytime Anthony walks into a room now.

"Sexy Bitch"

Akon in the hizzouse! I made sure I paused it on that song, figured it would spark some laughs.

Forgot to mention in the 5/10 game with the $25 rock. So I get into the game and the dude a few spots to my left has like 8 grand in $100 chips plus a bunch of lavender $500 chips and so forth. There were other "reasonable" stacks in the game, plus a few smaller ones. I always buyin for the minimum $500 at this stake and just try to spin it up.

In the BB I held :4h::6c::6s::7h: and saw a multiway flop of:

:2h::3c::7d:

We all checked to the big stack who had limped in LP, and he bets out $100. I opt to check-raise shove my $425. My thought process is that this particular flop isn't likely to have hit many folks ranges, so it's a good flop to bluff at, and he's betting less than the pot. However, being in the blinds, this flop is better for my range, not to mention I actually hit it somewhat.

Unfortunately a guy who limped UTG+1 reshoves to $575. The big stack thinks forever, and then calls another $475 with....

:2s::8s::9c::9d:

Yes, he called two check-raises with just an overpair.

Turn: :ts:
River: :2c:

And he wins with three dueces (the UTG+1 guy doesn't show).

I buyin for another $500 and manage to double that up when I flop a pair plus top wrap against a guy with bottom two pair that only runs it once. I bink my straight. Then I managed to win a few other hands where the pot was either limped multiway or min-raised to $50 and multiway to the flop and then checked down (or someone tried to make small bets and I picked them off with a weak flush) to chip up a little bit more.

A couple of players to my right wound up leaving the game and we were going to be five-handed. I had gone from +$400 (after playing 1/2 and the 2/5 with a rock) to -$100 (after losing my first buyin at 5/10 with a 25 rock) to +$1,075 and opted to call it a night rather than play short-handed and ride the variance train.

I mean, even if I had bought in for 5K I'd need to double up through the big stack and then he could STILL bust me. Was told by another player that guy started with only $700 and just ran it up.

He didn't seem all that good either, but I haven't played enough with him to know for sure. I've only seen him once before and was told the game he was in was good (was typically $200-300 preflop), but again he had a HUGE stack.

Oh yeah, and another regular degen in the game flopped bottom set of 3's against a guy who flopped top set of Kings, got it in and binked the quads on him, so gross (the reg degen also only runs it once, he's the one who doubled me up with bottom two pair against my straight draw plus pair)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom