My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (38 Viewers)

Sit down to eat, my table tips sideways and my full ice water goes flying, I barely missed getting drenched

Tipped $10 to the cleaning person who had to mop it up lol

Raised :ac::ad::ks::3h: to isolate a short stack who raised, but limper called both bets

Shorty shoves his last 40 on an 872 flop, we both call, check Q turn, check 7 river

Shorty has A988 sigh

you better run better in tournaments!

FUCKING DEALER!

giphy.gif

you better run better in tournaments!
Not to worry, I have agreed to coach @Anthony Martino during this tournament series.

I’m highly skilled at distinguishing Cuban players from other Latin American players.

He will be guaranteed to cash in 83% of the tournaments which include 38% final tables and 23% first place prizes.

Not to worry, I have agreed to coach @Anthony Martino during this tournament series.

I’m highly skilled at distinguishing Cuban players from other Latin American players.

He will be guaranteed to cash in 83% of the tournaments which include 38% final tables and 23% first place prizes.

oh thank christ, i was worried i would have to rely on @Anthony Martino's prowess.

Pickup :as::ah::6d::4d: in the BB

We just call the $5 straddle, shorty pots it, three callers, we repot to $155, shorty gets it in for $200, the other three call!

Flop :kd::4s::2d:

We rip our stack in, the crumb bumbs fold. Run it twice, first board guy rivers a third King, 2nd board I turn the flush (he had KQQ8)

We chop up the dead money, almost scooped it

Still stuck about $700 but playing on

20210514_195934.jpg

Well, no beuno on todays PLO session, booking a -$1200 loss on the day. Just a slow bleed all day, a few hundred here, a few hundred there. Lots of big draws that didn't materialize when facing 4-5 opponents, etc. Never really was up during the session unfortunately.

Back at it Saturday to try and salvage the week!

Well, no beuno on todays PLO session, booking a -$1200 loss on the day. Just a slow bleed all day, a few hundred here, a few hundred there. Lots of big draws that didn't materialize when facing 4-5 opponents, etc. Never really was up during the session unfortunately.

Back at it Saturday to try and salvage the week!

I want my 2.5% back

I'm not sure what your obsession with midget nudity is all about, but as long as I can monetize it my three cats will eat this week
Just trying to be your friend here, but dude you need a vacation. You type away here (and I love reading about it by the way, thanks) and it seems the exact same way with the exact same mindset that I have when I talk to my old lady and my buddies about what I do. I "punch a clock" at a steel mill. You embarked on this whole adventure because you don't want to "punch a clock". You need a vacation man. Grab up the wife. Go somewhere, anywhere. Check in a hotel. Enjoy new restaurants. Enjoy room service. Enjoy new scenery. Enjoy not doing the same thing you do every single day. Then you can come back with a better mindset and actually enjoy what you are doing again. Trust me it will help.

Just trying to be your friend here, but dude you need a vacation. You type away here (and I love reading about it by the way, thanks) and it seems the exact same way with the exact same mindset that I have when I talk to my old lady and my buddies about what I do. I "punch a clock" at a steel mill. You embarked on this whole adventure because you don't want to "punch a clock". You need a vacation man. Grab up the wife. Go somewhere, anywhere. Check in a hotel. Enjoy new restaurants. Enjoy room service. Enjoy new scenery. Enjoy not doing the same thing you do every single day. Then you can come back with a better mindset and actually enjoy what you are doing again. Trust me it will help.

I have been taking plenty of me-time

I've started going roller skating every Wednesday night, which has been a blast. If I've been able to get home in time on a Fri or Sat I have added another skating session

I found a D&D game on Sundays that I'm playing, plus I'm slowly building a custom campaign I plan to DM

I make time for videogames and have been getting a lot better at COD Warzone and will be doing some more wacky USAnumberWON footage in the future, posdibly delving into streaming at some point

And my work schedule for poker has shifted to Thurs/Fri/Sat as I take a break from the swingier unlimited straddle games at TGT and focus more on the Tampa Hard Rock ones (I had an amazing result last weekend, and have guys trying to throw money at me every session, I'm feeling good, putting in more hours and feel more focused and determined)

Plus there's two tournament series next month I'm excited to play, selling half my action on it and almost all of that sold out yesterday

I will admit over a two month period where I was playing more hours at the crazy restraddle game at TGT and spinning my wheels I was in need of a change as I was becoming frustrated

But I am making adjustments and finding enjoyment in them. I do appreciate you caring about my well being though :)

I have been taking plenty of me-time

I've started going roller skating every Wednesday night, which has been a blast. If I've been able to get home in time on a Fri or Sat I have added another skating session

I found a D&D game on Sundays that I'm playing, plus I'm slowly building a custom campaign I plan to DM

I make time for videogames and have been getting a lot better at COD Warzone and will be doing some more wacky USAnumberWON footage in the future, posdibly delving into streaming at some point

And my work schedule for poker has shifted to Thurs/Fri/Sat as I take a break from the swingier unlimited straddle games at TGT and focus more on the Tampa Hard Rock ones (I had an amazing result last weekend, and have guys trying to throw money at me every session, I'm feeling good, putting in more hours and feel more focused and determined)

Plus there's two tournament series next month I'm excited to play, selling half my action on it and almost all of that sold out yesterday

I will admit over a two month period where I was playing more hours at the crazy restraddle game at TGT and spinning my wheels I was in need of a change as I was becoming frustrated

But I am making adjustments and finding enjoyment in them. I do appreciate you caring about my well being though :)
Just keep in mind how you feel while you are playing. Make sure you are not just "punching a clock". You started this because the thought of"punching a clock" was not a good one for you.

Just keep in mind how you feel while you are playing. Make sure you are not just "punching a clock". You started this because the thought of"punching a clock" was not a good one for you.

I did this because I was working 70+ hours each week and had no life outside of work

Now I have the flexibility and work/life balance I was missing.

I do benefit from having some level of structured consistency in my life, which I feel I've got at the moment

Sunday: D&D
Monday: Family Time/Errands
Tuesday: Fam Time/Record USAnumerWON
Wednesday: Fam Time/Roller Skating
Thursday: Poker
Friday: Poker
Saturday: Poker

Plus even on my work days I still have lunch and watch a show with Jenn before I go in

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom