My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (61 Viewers)

Playing a later session

20211202_194517.jpg

HJ makes it 50, we call in the CO with :jc::th::9h::6s:

Flop :kh::8c::7h:

He bets 150, we consider ripping it, but we are both derp so I just call

Turn :qc:

He bets 500, we rip, he folds and claims he misread his hand and thought he had a set of 8's

The 5/5 is a must move so I had to transfer to the main game, terrible lineup with a bunch of guys sitting on 10k+

Hoping to get called for 2/2 but only one table and I'm 5th on the list, they are hurting for dealers

Screenshot_20211202-222040_BravoLive.jpg

Get a seat in the 2/2/5 and first hand we are dealt :as::ah::qd::js: and limp repot, three shorties get it in

I make the nut straight on the first board, flop the nut straight draw on 2nd board, turn Aces up but lady with KKQT boats so we have to chop

HJ makes it 50, we call in the CO with :jc::th::9h::6s:

Flop :kh::8c::7h:

He bets 150, we consider ripping it, but we are both derp so I just call

Turn :qc:

He bets 500, we rip, he folds and claims he misread his hand and thought he had a set of 8's
As someone who has misread his own hand way too many times, let me just say...

You don't bet $500 and later fold. You take that shit to the river and proudly show what you thought you had. Then stare blankly as the dealer pushes the pot away from you.

As someone who has misread his own hand way too many times, let me just say...

You don't bet $500 and later fold. You take that shit to the river and proudly show what you thought you had. Then stare blankly as the dealer pushes the pot away from you.

I was surprised he folded too, since he had about 1k behind if I remember correctly

But I'm fine with scooping that money without needing to win at showdown

Wow, best fold of my career. We have :ah::ad::kh::ts: and call a raise, flop :th::7h::4h: and we slowplay it

Turn :8c: and we pot, one caller

River :9h:

We pot for 270, he pots all-in for about 700. He starts yapping saying he knows I can't have the Ace high flush, I turn over the Ace

He is yapping WAY too much like he really wants the call. I lay it down, he flashes :jh::8h: whew

A penny saved is a penny earned. I took 2 full minutes before I made that laydown

Wow, best fold of my career. We have :ah::ad::kh::ts: and call a raise, flop :th::7h::4h: and we slowplay it

Turn :8c: and we pot, one caller

River :9h:

We pot for 270, he pots all-in for about 700. He starts yapping saying he knows I can't have the Ace high flush, I turn over the Ace

He is yapping WAY too much like he really wants the call. I lay it down, he flashes :jh::8h: whew

A penny saved is a penny earned. I took 2 full minutes before I made that laydown
Never understood why people do that, but glad it worked to your advantage this time.

We have :as::js::6h::5s: on a flop of :ad::ac::7h:

We pot and get repotted, lay it down. He shows AKK8

I was worried he had A7xx and I was drawing to just three outs, figuring my 5 or 6 wasn't live

The “I know you can’t have the ace of hearts” line is a clear strong when weak thing. It’s like if he said “yea I knew you were bluffing” - he’s volunteering an explanation for why he might do it without having the nuts which you wouldn’t want to do if actually bluffing (unless it was an elaborate reverse tell but that’s hard to imagine). And him recognizing the significance of the ace (and also you having the king) makes for a pretty strong read.

But even putting reads aside it’s not that crazy of a fold if a large number of people saw the flop. If it’s 5 way for instance theres a good chance you don’t pot it with the king high flush (or at least I don’t think you should). You may also have a small number of bluffs (doubtful against this lineup) but even if played “optimally” most of your range will be nut flushes and so if he’s putting in 700 to win 540 with a hand that can at best have 25% equity (sets) its not exploitable to fold some ace high flushes.

And this is one of the worst ones to call with.

1/3rd of remaining hearts are blockers and you often have more than 2 hearts in your hand, so it’s closer to half of your nut flushes that have one or more blockers. Having the K also greatly diminishes the likelihood of him being a noob overplaying a lower flush. Only AhKhQhx is worse.

We are button with :5c::4c::3h::2d: and call a smallish $15 raise

Multiway to a flop of :ac::jh::3c: and EP bets 35, one caller, we call

Turn :4s:

He bets 50, one caller, we pot, they fold

Next hand we limp in with :jh::ts::9c::9h:in MP, there's a buttonraise to 20, UTG makes it 100, five ways to a flop

:ks::qd::8d:

Another MP player pots it, we can hit an Ace, Jack, Ten or Nine to make the nuts, but diamonds are bad for us so I lay it down

He had a set, we would've whiffed and guy with flush draw gets there

J and T is not the nuts - that’s a terrible flop for your hand. You have 4 cards to second nuts and 4 cards to the nuts, and even if you hit and are good you tend to have not much more than 50% equity because of how often you’re chopping / getting free rolled.

Also not sure about limp calling a 20bb 3bet. It’s not lighting money on fire or anything but there’s very little room to maneuver post flop and you have a hand that’s clearly an equity dog vs the limp raisers range / should be a fair bit worse than the buttons range.

Last edited:
J and T is not the nuts - that’s a terrible flop for your hand. You have 4 cards to second nuts and 4 cards to the nuts, and even if you hit and are good you tend to have not much more than 50% equity because of how often you’re chopping / getting free rolled.

Also not sure about limp calling a 20bb 3bet. It’s not lighting money on fire or anything but there’s very little room to maneuver post flop and you have a hand that’s clearly an equity dog vs the limp raisers range / should be a fair bit worse than the buttons range.

Given this lineup and the multiway to the flop I think my preflop call is fine, my hand plays well against the ranges

But agree the flop is a fold

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom