My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (16 Viewers)

The hands that got me last night

I call a raise with :tc::8s::7c::6s:

Flop is :jc::6h::5c:

I get it in, I'm up against :js::jd::td::ts: and we go twice, I don't get there on either board with my straight or flush draws

With pots frequently being raised to 25-40 preflop and people getting it in four ways regularly when I rebuy I do the $200. I limp repot all-in holding :ad::kc::6d::5c: and get called in multiple spots, including the nitwit with :js::9c::4d::2d: So I've got a shot to quadruple up my stack on this hand, board runs out

:as::7c::9c::3d::5h: and he wins with the wheel

I again buyin for the $200 and limp repot all-in holding :td::8h::7h::7d: and he limps for $5, calls a raise to $40 and then my $200 shove holding :js::9h::6c::2h:

and the flop comes out :9d::2d::2s: and my flush draw is no good and no 7 comes to save me either. Pretty frustrating watching this guy play like absolute trash and bink two pots with $800+ in them.

Off today, back at it this coming week.

Last edited:
I again buyin for the $200 and limp repot all-in holding :td::8h::7h::7d: and he limps for $5, calls a raise to $40 and then my $200 shove holding :js::9h::6c::2h:
It's not pretty, but nitwit had like 40% preflop. You just gotta expect that they are going to occasionally have a winning session playing sub-optimal, and that keeps them coming back.

...and their continued play is what keeps a roof over your head.

We all have to deal with nitwits. Bosses, clients, customers, opponents - they're all the same.

Last edited:
It's not pretty, but nitwit had like 40% preflop. You just gotta expect that they are going to occasionally have a winning session playing sub-optimal, and that keep them coming back.

...and their continued play is what keeps a roof over your head.

We all have to deal with nitwits. Bosses, clients, customers, opponents - they're all the same.

He was calling off with that hand facing 4-5 other players, wasn't just headsup against me lol

He was calling off with that hand facing 4-5 other players, wasn't just headsup against me lol
40% is almost a coin flip.

A coin flip wins 1 : 2 times.

4-5 players means 4-5 times the payout.

Even if he loses half the time, he is finishing up. :cool It's math. Bad math, but math...
tenor.gif

40% is almost a coin flip.

A coin flip wins 1 : 2 times.

4-5 players means 4-5 times the payout.

Even if he loses half the time, he is finishing up. :cool It's math. Bad math, but math...
View attachment 799965

Who am I to argue with such brazen logic?!?!

I withdraw my formal complaint :p

Last edited:
We call a rause with :jh::jd::td::th: multiway to a flop of :6c::qs::6h: and fold to a bet

We call a raise with :jd::ts::9d::8d: and fold to a bet on a :as::9c::6c: flop

So far no pots won, but we'll get there

I'm about to request all 2's, 3's and 4's are removed from the deck, seems to be primarily what I've been dealt

Still no pots won, only stuck $140 at least

Went for a little skate therapy tonight, feeling fresh and ready to go, playing the late session.

We get a seat on the 5/5/10 game, decent lineup since the tighter daytime regs aren't here, recognize three action players and there's a couple of players I don't know, LFG!

20211029_12459.jpg

These guys are regularly straddling to $20 and $40 preflop, we wait patiently and find a good spot, get it in preflop with :kd::kc::qc::jd: against :ah::th::9s::8s: and the board runs out :ad::6h::2c::7h::2s:

At least the guy had a legit hand and not some garbage, we rebuy another $1500.

It doesn't take long to get involved in our next big hand

Been doing lots of folding as we can't get too crazy with all these straddles and raises. We finally pickup a decent hand :ah: :kc: :th: :8c: in the CO, MP maniac raises to $125 and we call, four ways to a flop

:ac: :8d: :4c:

BINGO BANGO BONGO VINCE!

Checked to the maniac who bets $400, we pot all-in and he calls with :th: :7d: :6d: :5h: and only runs once

Turn :3h: giving him more outs

River :9c: and we make the nuts and double! Score one for the good guys!

20211030_27534.jpg

Been bleeding chips for a bit, calling raises but whiffing flops when this hand goes down

It's been restraddled to 80 preflop by UTG and we're in the BB sitting on around $2200 with :as: :ah: :kh: :td:

There are four callers and we just call, as we don't want to bloat the pot and give away our hand strength OOP against this field, plus there's a good chance the straddler will raise, maybe pickup some calls and we can spring the trap.

Sure enough he does, after we call he announces POT! which is something like $560 or so, there's one caller and then we repot all-in for $2200. They both get it in cause, you know, everyones got a $2200+ hand.

They only go once, we're up against:

UTG Straddler: :qc: :jd: :9d: :8c:
MP: :7h: :6s: :5s: :3c: (some guys just want to watch the world burn?)

Flop is :kd: :ts: :4c: so we're "ahead" but UTG is wrapped all around it and if I had to guess he's likely the equity favorite on this flop

Turn: :8s: (so now MP picks up equity, with a straight and the only flush draw, although we have a blocker to the flush at least. In our mind we're screaming HOLD....HOLD! like Mel Gibson in Braveheart)

River: :qd: and UTG makes his straight and scoops a pretty big pot :(

I can see his double suited middle gapper run-down playing here, so at least he was the winner and not MP, no clue what MP was thinking except that he figured we were going high so he'd go low?

-3K on todays session, and while I had another loss it didn't affect me as much as a lot of the previous ones. Probably because I was losing to hands that were reasonable and not complete shit like I had been running bad against.

Plus it was nice to win that double up hand earlier, feels like forever since I've been able to scoop up a nice pot and stack chips. Back at it Saturday night.

The CO is the $5 rock, we're in the HJ. The button limps, the SB and BB limp, UTG+2 limps, we limp holding :ah: :qh: :jd: :js:

The CO pots it and surprisingly everyone folds, we repot to get it all-in and agree to run it twice.

First board: :ts: :8s: :4d: :9d: :kc:
Second board: :6d: :qc: :jc: :6c: :3c:

He has :ac: :ks: :4c: :2s:

So we make the nuts on the first board and he hits his club flush on the 2nd board but it fills us up and we scoop!

20211030_352973.jpg

We're up a little bit when we get involved in this hand. We're in MP with :tc: :ts: :9d: :8c: The rock is in the BB and UTG+2 makes it 20 to go, we call, HJ and button call plus the BB, so five ways to a flop of:

:th: :6h: :3d:

BB checks, UTG pots for 105, we consider raising, but we don't block hearts and we do have some straight possibilities as well, so want to see a safe turn card first if we can. The button calls but everyone else folds so three ways to the turn:

:jc:

UTG pots again, we rip it in, the button folds and UTG gets his stack in but only goes once.

He flopped the nfd and the turn gave him a combo draw as he holds :ah: :ks: :qs: :5h:

Fhe river brings in the front-door flush with the :7h: and he wins. Fortunately we cover him so we don't get stacked, but down a little bit now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom