Monopoly Chip Set (1 Viewer)

TomC727

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm just spitballing here. My 7y/o daughter loves monopoly, and so do I, but I despise the paper money.

I got to thinking about designing a dedicated monopoly set.

I'm going to ask @timinater on some inlay ideas. In the meantime, what's everyone's thoughts on the chip design.

I went with something simple.

1, 5, 20, 100, 500 breakdown. The edge spots are based on the color of the property in the chosen amount of the chip.

Monopoly.png

I seen two different threads a while back of this exact thing. Sorry I'm no help with links but it has been done twice atleast that I know of.

I seen two different threads a while back of this exact thing. Sorry I'm no help with links but it has been done twice atleast that I know of.
I looked at them. No threads on CPC that I could find.

Oooh. Didn't see these.
Those are the gold standard for Monopoly chips. @AfterTheFact set the bar very high. @Darson designed a pretty nice ceramic set, too.

Pretty much any set of poker or gaming chips will be significantly better than using the stock paper money. But a dedicated set takes it to another level.

Last edited:
Those are the gold standard for Monopoly chips. @AfterTheFact set the bar very high. @Darson designed a pretty nice ceramic set, too.

Pretty much any set of poker or gaming chips will be significantly better than using the stock paper money. But a dedicated set takes it to another level.

I agree with every word of this lol. We play play monopoly every few months. I usually get my customs into play when we do!

@Darson did you ever have your Monopoly set made?

@Darson did you ever have your Monopoly set made?
I didn't - honestly I totally forgot about it and even bought a set of Tropicana plastics for Monopoly. These would be an ideal candidate for cards molds as you need 5 denoms but not that many of each (you can spread a game with 200 chips) so CPC wouldn't be economic unless you went in with at least one other person.

I think this was the last iteration...

1681147334821.png

I didn't - honestly I totally forgot about it and even bought a set of Tropicana plastics for Monopoly. These would be an ideal candidate for cards molds as you need 5 denoms but not that many of each (you can spread a game with 200 chips) so CPC wouldn't be economic unless you went in with at least one other person.

View attachment 1116433
These are amazing.

Last edited:
Make sure to get the proper decor for her poker room! Short Line Railroad doesn’t actually exist so I found a Kansas City Railroad to replace it. You could probably find a Chicago Railroad as the 4th.
DF4CB484-3C00-4E4E-94E4-42DBD2029ABD.jpeg
DB0E8EB0-6284-4311-B53D-5A0D0939FD7C.jpeg
3485E4AD-7963-4278-AD17-0A09193B5BE0.jpeg

FECC9529-3D56-4E49-92AB-EDD0CE1D5533.jpeg

View attachment 1116433

A cards mold set like thats complete with all original denominations in all original colours would be amazing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom