Mets!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

SixSpeedFury

Full House
Reaction score
https://nypost.com/2019/12/04/wilpons-taking-steps-towards-selling-mets-to-steve-cohen/
the-office-its-happening-gif-5.gif

As a life long suffering Mets fan I was looking forward to this day finally happening.

Let's hope so. It was nice to see them play meaningful games in September this year. Of course I'd watch them just to hear Gary, Keith and Ron. With luck I may even get to see a worthwhile hopeful make a stop in Syracuse for a few games.

I can’t see approving a sale to a group of investors rather than the existing co-owner who alone is worth $13.5 billion unless they’re really angling to keep Jeff Wilson employed there. Such a strange situation. They should have just closed the original deal with Cohen when they had it. Now he’s going to demand 100% of the team and toss Lil Jeffy out on his ass.

I can’t see approving a sale to a group of investors rather than the existing co-owner who alone is worth $13.5 billion unless they’re really angling to keep Jeff Wilson employed there. Such a strange situation. They should have just closed the original deal with Cohen when they had it. Now he’s going to demand 100% of the team and toss Lil Jeffy out on his ass.

I sure hope that's the case. Take the money and leave! The Mets have been a laughing stock because of them.

As a lifelong Yankees fan who never disliked the Mets, I hope they sell to Cohen. Their fanbase needs a billionaire Mets fan running the team.

There are big things on the horizon for them. Just read Buster Olney's piece about Cohen ready to pry Antonetti fron Cleveland and give him all the respurces he wants to build a scouting and analytics system and revamp the medical staff. The Mets are about to start throwing around Yankee-Boston-LA money annually...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom