Giveaway Meet Up season approaches, who would you like to meet on the forum? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of people I'd love to meet. But if I could choose just one, that choice is very very easy. @PAZ.

He has got to be the nicest person on the planet, and I share his love for TRK.
When PAZ won the tournament at my house on his first foray, I was as happy as he was. As cool as you think he is, he is so much cooler in person. He is truly a great man. I can’t wait to meet Mo from Beantown poker. He might be a chip murderer from Summa ville but I want to meet him. @sheikh617

Last edited:
Can I say just about everyone? I'll say everyone, except for the one person that I have on my blocked list that's never going to get off of it. I'll finally be able to meet more of the hobbyists from the Northeast corridor plus hopefully a couple of travelers from beyond that at the NJ meetup a month from now.

Being married with small kids isn't conducive to traveling the country and the globe to go and play poker throughout the year, sadly. Lots of the further away meet ups are going to have to wait until I can get some signed permission slips from the Mrs. to go on some solo weekend trips when the little ones are older. For now, though, I want to be around and see them grow up and be there for the games, recitals, concerts, etc. That just means you all need to get your butts to NJ in the mean time!

Can I say just about everyone? I'll say everyone, except for the one person that I have on my blocked list that's never going to get off of it. I'll finally be able to meet more of the hobbyists from the Northeast corridor plus hopefully a couple of travelers from beyond that at the NJ meetup a month from now.

Being married with small kids isn't conducive to traveling the country and the globe to go and play poker throughout the year, sadly. Lots of the further away meet ups are going to have to wait until I can get some signed permission slips from the Mrs. to go on some solo weekend trips when the little ones are older. For now, though, I want to be around and see them grow up and be there for the games, recitals, concerts, etc. That just means you all need to get your butts to NJ in the mean time!
I DEMAND A FULL ITEMIZED LIST

Checking if I am the one.

Thanks for putting on the giveaway @Ben8257. Too many to list and all for different reasons.

I'm going to opt for someone I haven't seen mentioned yet.

I'm going to vote for @mipevi. He has exquisite taste when it comes to chips, given the sets he has owned and currently owns (those blind pigs!), and comes across as an all-around cool dude. He's definitely punching above his weight class being a chipper from Finland.

Last edited:
I put in my serious and sentimental post, and the next thing I see is a bunch of nonsense about going to the moon. Had to have been Kifer and the messages from him I can't see :wtf:

Nah, real talk, no one will be able to guess the blockee.

The person im wanting to meet so very badly, is @horseshoez

I've been on the receiving end of so much kindness and help. The contributors to my journey, are varied, and I'd leave some important ones out if I start listing.

So @Ben8257 , to follow the rules, and list the one most awesome person who has become my friend and confidante, it's Zaki (@horseshoez ).

I won't get into details about Zaki and how he tirelessly works to help others. He's handled chips, money, and other non chip related items for me. It's endless. We got started together over a year ago. I could walk away from chipping, but I'd never lose touch with my good buddy Zaki. We plan to meet and greet our respective families someday.

So a while back I won something from @Zmasterben included in that was this awesome token in Japanese I believe it says "Zen" the same symbol as the Samuri series chips.
View attachment 697228

Haven't read all five pages so not sure if someone else claimed it but I don't believe this is one of the chips you won this from me. That chip doesn't look familiar at all to me.

Don't want to steal credit from someone else.

Haven't read all five pages so not sure if someone else claimed it but I don't believe this is one of the chips you won this from me. That chip doesn't look familiar at all to me.

Don't want to steal credit from someone else.
56ce2d75ceb2e5883cf656e660f0ecbf.png

That's a bold move cotton ......let's see how it works out...

@Ben8257 and @FordPickup92 It is clear that you both are so invested in this site and care about community over money. Appreciate what you bring to the 'table' ;) Plus we are close so I hope when Covid is over we can make it happen.
Far too kind my friend! Definitely close enough that we will make it happen. Even if it is not a meet up. Lots of games on the north side of Baltimore. Both @longflop and @Highli99 host events on that side of town and if that doesn't work out we will just have to crash one of @Tommy games... just been waiting for my invite... but not very sure it is coming, might be issues with USPS on my formal invite! Lmao

Kidding Tommy, maybe 10 years from now I would be quality poker competition... but even that is doubtful, been playing 20 years now and still suck! I try to learn from @DrStrange but saddly I don't think there is hope for everyone....

My work schedule is the unfortunate primary obstacle to getting on the road for all the recent and close-range meetups in the next few months.

I have, however, made a conscious effort to get to know local PCFers in the past few months by inviting @Grandmasturkey, @Chester Copperpot and @tdccarpenter to my home games. Great people, albeit with questionable poker skills. I kid! They're good players and @Grandmasturkey, whose playing style is similar to mine, is basically my new poker BFF. @MIZ doesn't count because I've know him personally and professionally for more than 12 years and we were once co-workers at the same company.

That said, if there's a meetup not conflicting with my work schedule, I definitely plan on traveling. I look forward to finally meeting @bsdunbar1, @DoubleEagle and @RowdyRawhide in person. Hell, I think I've talked to Bill on the phone more times than my mother in the past few months. Would enjoy meeting @DMack, who was extremely kind when I first joined the forum and we've shared plenty of PMs.

@Ben8257 and @FordPickup92 are a given, but have to meet the incomparable @T_Chan to shake his hand for building my dream poker table; @Josh Kifer if he brings Audrey and for the endless laughs -- I mean, how many on PFC actually find themselves busting out laughing when reading one of his posts? I know I do and I can only imagine what it would be like in person; @toothpic because he's cool as hell; @CraigT78 and @Seeking Alpha Social Club because I know we'd have fun with an Army-Navy friendly rivalry thing; and so many others on a vast list.

But I'd be remiss if I didn't mention @inca911 and @k9dr, both of whom were extremely gracious with their time and let me pick their brains. There's a wealth of knowledge between those two esteemed gentlemen. Even if I have to wait for the summer of 2022 to eventually shake their hands, I know the wait will be worth it.

The person im wanting to meet so very badly, is @horseshoez

I've been on the receiving end of so much kindness and help. The contributors to my journey, are varied, and I'd leave some important ones out if I start listing.

So @Ben8257 , to follow the rules, and list the one most awesome person who has become my friend and confidante, it's Zaki (@horseshoez ).

I won't get into details about Zaki and how he tirelessly works to help others. He's handled chips, money, and other non chip related items for me. It's endless. We got started together over a year ago. I could walk away from chipping, but I'd never lose touch with my good buddy Zaki. We plan to meet and greet our respective families someday.

This thread is a pretty cool microcosm of the site - there is such camaraderie and warmth that I don't see in many other forums. As a complete rookie to the forum, I'd like to meet all of you. Every single person whom I've spoken to over DM or in the threads have been super kind and encouraging. You all make this place super rad and wholesome and I'm proud to call myself a member here.

I don't want to pile on to everyone's great choices so allow me to go an uncharted path. I'd like to meet @Johnny5. He's created so many of my favorite designs and it'd be great to talk shop with him (probably the very last thing he wants to do) and just chill out.

Side note:
there are a lot of Korean foods I wouldn’t eat but soondae is delicious.(but I agree it doesn’t look appetizing)
Oh and if there ever comes a time we're hanging out and there is Korean food no one wants to eat, I'm your guy. Hell, ANY food, really. Ship it to me. ;):tup:

My work schedule is the unfortunate primary obstacle to getting on the road for all the recent and close-range meetups in the next few months.

I have, however, made a conscious effort to get to know local PCFers in the past few months by inviting @Grandmasturkey, @Chester Copperpot and @tdccarpenter to my home games. Great people, albeit with questionable poker skills. I kid! They're good players and @Grandmasturkey, whose playing style is similar to mine, is basically my new poker BFF. @MIZ doesn't count because I've know him personally and professionally for more than 12 years and we were once co-workers at the same company.

That said, if there's a meetup not conflicting with my work schedule, I definitely plan on traveling. I look forward to finally meeting @bsdunbar1, @DoubleEagle and @RowdyRawhide in person. Hell, I think I've talked to Bill on the phone more times than my mother in the past few months. Would enjoy meeting @DMack, who was extremely kind when I first joined the forum and we've shared plenty of PMs.

@Ben8257 and @FordPickup92 are a given, but have to meet the incomparable @T_Chan to shake his hand for building my dream poker table; @Josh Kifer if he brings Audrey and for the endless laughs -- I mean, how many on PFC actually find themselves busting out laughing when reading one of his posts? I know I do and I can only imagine what it would be like in person; @toothpic because he's cool as hell; @CraigT78 and @Seeking Alpha Social Club because I know we'd have fun with an Army-Navy friendly rivalry thing; and so many others on a vast list.

But I'd be remiss if I didn't mention @inca911 and @k9dr, both of whom were extremely gracious with their time and let me pick their brains. There's a wealth of knowledge between those two esteemed gentlemen. Even if I have to wait for the summer of 2022 to eventually shake their hands, I know the wait will be worth it.
Hopefully we meet before then, but if not, I'm really looking forward to 2022. We will have a GREAT time!!

And if you find yourself looking for a quick getaway, I'll find a spot for you this Memorial Week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom