Giveaway Meet Up season approaches, who would you like to meet on the forum? (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am literally dying laughing Bill! Come on man.. that's the new age "pigs in a blanket!"

I don't mean this in any racial way, but ai recently found out that Mr. Shin is Korean, my coworker's wife is Korean and the went to South Korea for their honey moon. The pictures I saw of the food there was insane. They were eating Octopus while it was still moving! The only thing my coworker said he couldn't eat was blood sausage. I looked it up and regretted it.

I have no doubts in @joeyshin future CreaShins! But as with all amazing artist we must give him the tools to succeed! This is going to be fun!! Haha

Of all the weird Korean foods he couldn’t eat the only one was soondae (blood sausage)??! It’s just like boudin or black pudding. I love it

there are a lot of Korean foods I wouldn’t eat but soondae is delicious.(but I agree it doesn’t look appetizing)

I am literally dying laughing Bill! Come on man.. that's the new age "pigs in a blanket!"

I don't mean this in any racial way, but ai recently found out that Mr. Shin is Korean, my coworker's wife is Korean and the went to South Korea for their honey moon. The pictures I saw of the food there was insane. They were eating Octopus while it was still moving! The only thing my coworker said he couldn't eat was blood sausage. I looked it up and regretted it.

I have no doubts in @joeyshin future CreaShins! But as with all amazing artist we must give him the tools to succeed! This is going to be fun!! Haha

I was in kunsan, S. Korea for a year in the early 90s

There’s several. Some I’m going to meet coming up in Vegas in June so I’m not going to list them here. The two that come to mind are @BGinGA and @Josh Kifer . For Dave, it’s about damn time that I shake the man’s hand, tell him thanks in person for all the help over the years, and have a beer. For Josh, it’s for science and morbid curiosity. Not sure if he’s human, doge, Jared Keeso’s doppelganger, or simply a pure crystalized distillation of meme.

I just took the same stroll down memory lane to find them myself! I let @krafticus describe this concoction
Screenshot_20210511-124712_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ton's of names I could throw in here and I'd like to meet one just as much as the other. I'd have to throw in @Jeevansluck since he was the first real connection on here when I was first started suffering from this illness. Runner ups include but not limited to @Ben8257, @FordPickup92, @Grimace, @JeepologyOffroad (troll), @BSteck (FU troll), @markleteenie, @pacmartine, @juankay20, @ReallyGoodUsername (can't touch my Agua's), @moechar, @Lil Tuna and a whole lot more. Can't wait for my first meet up!

This is a super hard choice, so I'll have to name the first couple people who I thought of who have the unfortunate burden of having me bothering them on a constant basis.

@FordPickup92 @ReallyGoodUsername @AZBOARDER13 @horseshoez @Nanook @buffalojim

Sidenote: I definitely bother @Senzrock the most but I've seen him a couple times so he doesn't count
Just know that I consider @Ben8257 as included with @FordPickup92 , I just don't bother Ben nearly as much as I bother Brie LOL

I have met so many great people from this site, yet there are many I would love to meet at some point. First on my mind is @Toby , who designed the inlays for my customs, and many other sets. He just seems like an all around good dude.

Others I would really like to meet (off the top of my head and in no particular order):

@liftapint just an incredible chipper has hooked me up with chips a bunch, and I'm soo jealous of her TRKs
@DrStrange love his posts, if he spins a yarn in real life 1/2 as good as he can post a hand history I know I'm in for a treat
@Josh Kifer just seems like he would be a fun guy to be around
@RainmanTrail another one with great sets, RT is not afraid to share his opinions and would probably be a blast to be sitting at the table with
@Lil Tuna somehow even though we are semi local I've never been at a meetup with him. he is another one in the Nevada Lodge crew that I would like to meet. Seems like a lot of fun

I'm sure there are many more and if I thought about it longer I'd probably have pages and pages of names to scroll through. At the end of the day, this really is a cool community and I'm glad to be a small part of it.

It's my thread and I am ok with the derailment

Excellent.........I was looking for your approval before derailing it lol.

so Bill anything you said no to food wise? Lol

No. I tried all kinds of stuff. I pretty much don't believe in "not trying something". I could be missing out on something amazing.

I've had the squid, octopus, eel, kimchi, I enjoyed all of it.

I have been to more meetups than I can count and met a lot of chippers and most of them are pretty nice ;)

I would like to meet @stocky who designed the Iron Bank set that I now own - “The Iron Bank will have its due”

Also @Puggy - I miss his input on the forum
Sad that I have never seen these names before... wish I got into this hobby many years before we did. I have herd 50 stories about @Ben and been tagged as him by accident many times, hopefully someday he will return to the hobby. From my understanding his poker skills are far too advanced for my terrible play, but I would still donate for an opportunity to meet him!

@DrStrange love his posts, if he spins a yarn in real life 1/2 as good as he can post a hand history I know I'm in for a treat

I played a bunch of hands with him in Colorado. Every time I made a play I could feel his eyes judging me lol..........Its safe to say that our playing styles are quite opposite lol

There’s several. Some I’m going to meet coming up in Vegas in June so I’m not going to list them here. The two that come to mind are @BGinGA and @Josh Kifer . For Dave, it’s about damn time that I shake the man’s hand, tell him thanks in person for all the help over the years, and have a beer. For Josh, it’s for science and morbid curiosity. Not sure if he’s human, doge, Jared Keeso’s doppelganger, or simply a pure crystalized distillation of meme.
You'll find I am very very boring. Weeeee

@Lil Tuna , because he is about to leave and I miss him already! I already know him though.

I will throw @liftapint out there as well. I have fond memories of her corner of the world, and would like to make it back out there again....and maybe play some cards. She also shares a first name with my wife, and she gave me some cut cards.

Sad that I have never seen these names before... wish I got into this hobby many years before we did. I have herd 50 stories about @Ben and been tagged as him by accident many times, hopefully someday he will return to the hobby. From my understanding his poker skills are far too advanced for my terrible play, but I would still donate for an opportunity to meet him!
I think you need to meet @Ben0586 too lol

There are way to many people to name specifically - I want to meet everyone.

But I will single out @Perthmike I'd love to meet this Bogan and I'd probably say - "Hey man, nice watch"

But I am really looking forward to meeting all the new folks coming to DiD. It's shaping up to be a hell of a good time.

He knocked me out of the tourney we played last Saturday. Seems to be a trend.

He knocked me out of the tourney we played last Saturday. Seems to be a trend.
Well Brie did that to @k9dr at SQM with some BS cards in the main event... that is why I question our return for 2022! Lol

I don't remember the hand but it was painful! In the words of the great @krafticus "POKER SUCKS!!" it must be the name Mark because I have done it to Krafty a couple times in his home game to him with mediocre cards! All I can figure is that Bries sausage dip must be good because we get invited back.

Well Brie did that to @k9dr at SQM with some BS cards in the main event... that is why I question our return for 2022! Lol

I don't remember the hand but it was painful! In the words of the great @krafticus "POKER SUCKS!!" it must be the name Mark because I have done it to Krafty a couple times in his home game to him with mediocre cards! All I can figure is that Bries sausage dip must be good because we get invited back.
I had K8 suited. Science bro, caught an 8 on the river :ninja:
I feel like Mark had a AK, KQ or AQ

June will be my first meetup. Definitely looking forward to meeting @Ben8257 and @FordPickup92 who really hold down the old school chipping ethos of helping others before their own personal gain/profit. I would love to meet @Jeevansluck as well as the west coast neighbors @horseshoez and @Steppenwolf but overall I think I am just curious about the "PCF Vibe" - really have no idea how it will be hanging out with chippers for a full day/weekend. I am pretty opinionated about all things under the sun so I am anticipating having to "take a deep breath" every once in a while when I am sitting across from someone wearing a Trump t-shirt LOL (fair warning!). Will put my social worker skills to use if I have to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom