Giveaway Meet Up season approaches, who would you like to meet on the forum? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s several. Some I’m going to meet coming up in Vegas in June so I’m not going to list them here. The two that come to mind are @BGinGA and @Josh Kifer . For Dave, it’s about damn time that I shake the man’s hand, tell him thanks in person for all the help over the years, and have a beer. For Josh, it’s for science and morbid curiosity. Not sure if he’s human, doge, Jared Keeso’s doppelganger, or simply a pure crystalized distillation of meme.
@Chawks45 is a CRAZZZZZZY PLAYER...be careful :)

At the end of this I will share my choice. Right now it is down to two people and I would be a hard decision to choose just one! @CraigT78 is very high on that list though! It's going to happen just a matter of logistics and time!

(Still crossing my fingers he makes a suprise appearance @Seeking Alpha Social Club later this month, I herd a while back he might be in the area at the time!)
That would be AWESOME!!

I'd honestly be happy to meet most of the people who have posted in this thread so far. There's always rumblings about the sense of a community is being lost, but I feel it's always been there and still is. Sure the classified have been a bit brutal lately but there's more to PCF than that one subsection.

So a while back I won something from @Zmasterben included in that was this awesome token in Japanese I believe it says "Zen" the same symbol as the Samuri series chips.
View attachment 697228
I have not used it as a capper and therefore have not let my terrible luck taint it in any way! Lol it is 43mm and from my understanding pretty rare! Truly a beautiful work of art!

So with what seems to be meet up season aprocahing (Brie and I have 3 in 6 weeks!) I am curious... if you could meet one person on the forum who would you want to meet and why? I know many of us have already played with our best friends on here myself included... but one you haven't met yet.

To those of you that live in areas where there is not a dense PCF residency I highly suggest you consider traveling and meeting some of our amazing members I promise you will not regret it!

All you have to do to enter is share why it would mean a lot to spend some quality time in member across the poker table. It could be they sold you some rare chips, gave you something, you find their content to be halarious and you know it would just be awesome to witness in person. Maybe they own a rare set that you could consider your life complete just at the opportunity to play that set.

Man I would just love to hear who its is that you would love to take time out of your own life just so you could meet that person .

On Sunday 05/16/2021 I will write out all of the first time posters post count #s on little squares of paper and draw one out of a hat! As always I will never limit this to US only, all are welcome and shipping is on me to anywhere.

This is similar to the "Dream Team" table thread but yet very different, you don't get to pick ten.. just one.

Looking forward to meeting so many new chippers in the next two months and it is very Exciting!!

Good Luck to all and please participate!

Fellow Chipper Ben
Looking forward to meeting you and Brie at Matt’s in June and hopefully you’ll have a trunk load of chips to show off. Should be a fun 2 days.

@DrStrange , so I could wish him well with his current health issues in person, and because he seems like a thoughtful and intelligent person.

@BGinGA , so I could absorb some of his limitless knowledge of tournament structures.

@Josh Kifer , so that my Bernadoodle can hang out with his Bernadoodle.

@Poker Zombie and @Mrs Poker Zombie , because who wouldn’t want to play in a zombie themed poker game at least once in their life.

@T_Chan , @Jeevansluck , @Lemonzest , @Gear, @Wifey , @realcdn , @allforcharity , @grantc54 and all of the other Vancouver/Fraser Valley chippers, because even though I’ve met and played with you already, it has been way too long since that has happened. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Very hard to come down to one.
First of all, I 'd love to meet AGAIN @Ethan , @Darson and @crussader . But that's "again", so let me find someone I 've never met in person.
I 'd love to meet people with whom we either chat here or play online (@Saoliver , @markleteenie , @AK Chip , @Thomacetti , @Eriks , @OfficerLovejoy - and off course @BonScot , although I 'm not sure I could understand phonetically the language he speaks:LOL: :laugh: ).
I 'd love to meet @pltrgyst because he is my model as I 'm growing older :D and we both once were soldiers (myself not in wartime, thankfully; it came close, though).
I 'd love to meet @Windwalker but I 'm sure it's gonna happen anyway, so no need for wishes:)
I 'd love to meet the Zombies, but they are a couple, not one person:p
My single vote is reserved for the remarkable Mr. @JeepologyOffroad !

Last edited:
I have met and spent much time with several members here on PCF and have made many great friendships because of it. If I could only choose one to meet at this point, it would have to be my TRQuenn @liftapint!
Her and I have developed a special chipping relationship and I have to say that I couldn’t have done much of what I’ve put together without her.
Your first on my bucket list of chippers to meet Mel. Some day soon for sure. :)
Thanks for everything. :love:

It's kind of interesting to see so many names of people I have already met. I guess this is what it feels like to be Kevin Bacon.

I'm really looking forward to the Vegas meet, where I'll get to meet Ben and Brie for the first time, and possibly a few others. But picking only one, I'm going to say @BonScot , because it would mean I'm in Scotland.

I would love to be planning on a couple of meat-ups this year. Had my eye on maybe three, depending on my wife's travel plans. Then life stacked me - at least for 2021.

It is just killing me. Almost no card games for over a year? I wonder if I will even remember how to play.

I hope you all have wonderful times at the events. And remember to tip the host(s) well. Running an event is shockingly expense and time consuming.

DrStrange

It's kind of interesting to see so many names of people I have already met. I guess this is what it feels like to be Kevin Bacon.

I'm really looking forward to the Vegas meet, where I'll get to meet Ben and Brie for the first time, and possibly a few others. But picking only one, I'm going to say @BonScot , because it would mean I'm in Scotland.
There's my second choice!! I knew it was coming!! Lol I don't know how I would choose one or the other @DrStrange or @BonScot ... (luckily many others I have met or am meeting very soon!!)

@DrStrange because his hand break down and reviews/insight and overall knowledge of the game is the best In My Opinion, his taste in chips is absolutely superb.. and his poker jacket is better than the Ugly Green one they get for winning the Masters each year!! If they gave out one of Scott's jackets instead I think those boys would try a little harder! (Bad joke... I am aware!)

@BonScot my brother Tony... since the begining you have been a genuine friend and also truly one of the funniest people I have ever met! We will meet and have a Brew one day, rather it is us coming over with The Zombies for a once in a life time trip or you coming state side, it is not an option. We will meet and I hope others will be there because that is going to be one for the record books!!

There's my second choice!! I knew it was coming!! Lol I don't know how I would choose one or the other @DrStrange or @BonScot ... (luckily many others I have met or am meeting very soon!!)

@DrStrange because his hand break down and reviews/insight and overall knowledge of the game is the best In My Opinion, his taste in chips is absolutely superb.. and his poker jacket is better than the Ugly Green one they get for winning the Masters each year!! If they gave out one of Scott's jackets instead I think those boys would try a little harder! (Bad joke... I am aware!)

@BonScot my brother Tony... since the begining you have been a genuine friend and also truly one of the funniest people I have ever met! We will meet and have a Brew one day, rather it is us coming over with The Zombies for a once in a life time trip or you coming state side, it is not an option. We will meet and I hope others will be there because that is going to be one for the record books!!
You’ve already been here. Must have been good if you can’t remember it... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom