Matsui Racks - $5 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the top half and bottom half of these racks identical? Seems like they could be designed to be identical, and it would be handy to have identical halves when distributing chips at the beginning of the night. Do the racks "fit" on top of one another to make stacking easier, as well? Or do they slide around when stacked?

Are the top half and bottom half of these racks identical? Seems like they could be designed to be identical, and it would be handy to have identical halves when distributing chips at the beginning of the night. Do the racks "fit" on top of one another to make stacking easier, as well?
Yes, they are the exact same. There are little pips that kind of lock them in place when stacked.

You can see them here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/matsui-chip-racks.33606/

oh shit?!? Do you know which one it fit in ? :nailbite:

They fit in this one:
https://www.pokershop.nl/accessories/chip-trays/1000-poker-chip-capacity-clear-acrylic-carrier.html

SmartSelect_20200109-221305_Chrome.jpg

(The height is not including the handle.)

So you need a length of 24cm (NO @FordPickup92!! Don't even think about it!) The one in which they don't fit has length 22.5cm.

1 cm is ~0.39 inches.

Except for the chips that reside in a Pelican travel case, I store all my ships in Matsui racks. They are great. I am down to one unused Matsui rack. Because I don't need a single chip more, I will have to pass on this opportunity. I am confident that I will never buy another chip. ;)

Last edited:
How does one rack fit both the 39mm and 43mm chips? Are the 39mm chips banging around in there?
I don't think anyone has answered this question. Is there a 39mm Matsui rack and a 43mm Matsui rack? Or is it "one rack fits all"? If so, how does that work? Seems like the 39mm chips would be moving all over the place. But I've never seen one in person, so maybe there is something unique to the design that keeps the chips in place.

I don't think anyone has answered this question. Is there a 39mm Matsui rack and a 43mm Matsui rack? Or is it "one rack fits all"? If so, how does that work? Seems like the 39mm chips would be moving all over the place. But I've never seen one in person, so maybe there is something unique to the design that keeps the chips in place.
They are one size fits all. I would consider these excellent for storage, but maybe not ideal for transport because 39mm chips are not held tightly in the enclosed racks and can move around some. Not an issue for Matsui/plastic chips, but I could see it being a concern for those with mint Paulsons.

They are one size fits all. I would consider these excellent for storage, but maybe not ideal for transport because 39mm chips are not held tightly in the enclosed racks and can move around some. Not an issue for Matsui/plastic chips, but I could see it being a concern for those with mint Paulsons.
OK - that makes sense. I was planning to use them for storage of my Royals (which are 43mm anyway), and then use 43mm racks when handing out beginning chip stacks. I mostly wanted to make sure that I didn't need to specify which size I need.

OK - that makes sense. I was planning to use them for storage of my Royals (which are 43mm anyway), and then use 43mm racks when handing out beginning chip stacks. I mostly wanted to make sure that I didn't need to specify which size I need.
If you're stacking chips in your shelves these are great for both 39 or 43mm chips because it also keeps the weight off the chips which can avoid rack marks from stacking them too high. They also transport well in birdcages. If you are going to pack 39mm chips in them for actual travel you need to plastic wrap the chips and fill some bubble wrap to keep them snug. Otherwise I wholeheartedly believe these are the best racks out there. Unmatched in flexibility for chip size and the best stacking system.

Yeah I’ll up mine to 20 please.

I just received mine today (from the previous GB). They fit my Royals nicely. Interestingly they do not fit my Pharaoh's. Both are china clay from Apache Poker Chips but 20 of the Pharaoh's are too long to fit. I would guess that's probably the same for the similar Majestic and Dunes.

Would you be able to ship to Canada? I'll pay the extra for shipping, in for 20 racks as well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom