Matsui Cash Mocks (2 Viewers)

Here's the set with Ultramarine instead Purple (top pic with Purple).

full

full

Yeah I'm sold, Ultramarine just goes much better with the other base colors (more so in person than on screen). Pink still pending, but I don't really expect it to change... So looks like the final set will be:

ND: Violet / Blush
1: Light Blue / Cobalt Blue
5: Orange / Lemon
25: Lawn Green / Light Green / Scarlet
100: Battleship Grey / Black / Mandarin Orange
500: Ultramarine / White / Aquamarine
DB: Marble Effect Gold / Dark Brown

full

:D :D :D

How close are we to purchasing? No rush but if we are a month away I would like to buy some other chips. Like I said I can wait until next year if that is better for you.

I guess a month away sounds about right. I will start working on the decal design shortly. :)

Love that ultramarine.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely in for samples as well.

Can't wait to see what's in store with the decal.

construction.png

The BG chip that inspired this decal design didn't actually use glitter, but a hologram/celluloid technique that allowed any number of transparent (shiny) and opaque colors. On the BG chip the dragon scales are transparent yellow and the dragon's mane transparent green. Matsui has made samples like this and I tried to get it for this project, but unfortunately the use of this technique has been discontinued. Not a big deal as the original idea was using glitter (one, set shiny color per decal) anyway, but the hologram/celluloid technique would have opened a few more options.

Impressive. How easy/hard is it to start the ball rolling with getting samples, colour key things, prices?

You can email them about the colour kit, they sent me samples along with it. For accurate pricing you need to request a quote.

I am still fine waiting until after the holidays my wallet would appreciate it. Just saying

We are all still saving up well that’s what I tell myself the longer the wait the better for me

A short update for those interested.

I haven't been able to get the decal background colors to work as I want them to. A monochromatic approach is no good as many of the chips already have that look (3rd monochromatic color is too much), but neither are complementary colors as they tend to be present in nearby denoms, which ends up looking messy. Only thing that would work is keeping the decal backgrounds the same across the set, but I really want differently colored backgrounds... This has led me to decide that the chip colors need revisiting. So after much thought, here's what I'm looking to get done next:

1) Main chip color and decal background should be close to each other (monochromatic or close to it, but not color-matched)
2) I may go for a slightly more classy / reserved palette (considering a white 1 and possibly a red 5)
3) I'm also considering dropping the 500 and replacing 25's with 20's (could lead to rethinking some spot progression), this was always supposed to be a cash set first anyway

This process will take as long as it is necessary to get things right, I'm not willing to settle for mediocrity. In other words, back to square 1.5 :coffee:

I am not worried about this taking longer, no issues with that. I don’t mind a white 1 I hope they don’t get to dirty though.

I would still like a 25 and a 500 that’s my vote.

for me, I think the 100 chip, and 500 chip, dashes and arrows respectively, look out of place from the other chips.

@LHT They are part of Matsui's inner ring design, I can't change them unless I pay for new ones... I am NOT paying for new ones! :LOL: :laugh:

I think the orange spot on the grey 100 looks somewhat out of place, as it makes the chip seem washed out, as the rest of the set is a little more vibrant in color. I liked the yellow that you had in an earlier post, seemed to work better with the other vibrant colors.

Is it easy to do a custom Matsui set like it is easy to do a CPC set?

I would like to do a Matsui cash set, all 43mm. I thought I wanted to do a hybrid set, but I just don’t. I wish I never sold the Bud Jones set I had :( but maybe custom Matsui would scratch that itch.

Is it easy to do a custom Matsui set like it is easy to do a CPC set?

I would like to do a Matsui cash set, all 43mm. I thought I wanted to do a hybrid set, but I just don’t. I wish I never sold the Bud Jones set I had :( but maybe custom Matsui would scratch that itch.

Matsui's are always worth to get.

By the way there are some cheaper Matsui which are not on their home page.

@liftapint The only real problem seems to be getting one's hands on a color kit, as Matsui reps run out of them more often than they should. And you need the color kit. Designing is a bit more of a headache IMO, there's much more to take into account and more options with the inlay design as well. They're not the same as Bud Jones chips, so as always, get samples first. :D

I have a 900 chip set, but I am not keeping them because I don’t love the colors. But I LOVE everything else about the 43mm Matsui!!

Thanks. I better start working on getting a color sample set!

I have a 900 chip set, but I am not keeping them because I don’t love the colors. But I LOVE everything else about the 43mm Matsui!!

Thanks. I better start working on getting a color sample set!
I will be watching for a design thread.... I'm still looking for someone to make a set with 43mm gold chips so I can nab/relabel a barrel or 2!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom