Matsui Cash Mocks (1 Viewer)

I may have found the progression...

full

Last edited:
I'm may have found the progression...

full

Would these chips be the exact same as @Pinball's Black Diamond Matsui set? I bought as ample set and love how they feel/sound (although they are slippery suckers and a bit of an acquired taste). @liftapint, maybe someone wants to spearhead a GB for BWLK-type chips? Just because Sun-Fly can't do those chips, doesn't mean Matsui won't ;). I might be interested in a 43mm set (y) :thumbsup: (did I say I was working on my final 3 sets? :banghead:)

Still interested with gold foil, but I need sometime to replace my funds. Just had to sell chips.

I’m ditching the dragon for a bird, and instead of a cash set going for 45mm tourney chips using 1k, 5k, 25k and 100k. I guess that’s pretty far from my original concept, maybe I should just start a new thread? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

This process will take as long as it is necessary to get things right, I'm not willing to settle for mediocrity. In other words, back to square 1.5 :coffee:

I’m ditching the dragon for a bird, and instead of a cash set going for 45mm tourney chips using 1k, 5k, 25k and 100k. I guess that’s pretty far from my original concept, maybe I should just start a new thread? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
longest-running design thread on PCF?

i highly recommend you to choose ABS colours from Matsui.
I've been told it doesn't feel as nice as Matsui's regular material, and that it's more slick. I don't have any ABS Matsuis myself though... :unsure:

PXL_20211007_011105114~2.jpg

I think I figured out the progression... dragon, bird, and then the snake is next. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Doesn't matter, all that glitters is GOLD!

I think I figured out the progression... dragon, bird, and then the snake is next. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I didn’t want to do a lesser version of the dragon decal (BG dragon has two shiny colors, Matsui offered only one), but I think I can improve on the bird design. I find it’s a little much as is, basically everything apart from black and metallic gold being transparent with diffraction foil underneath. With Matsui all the colors will be opaque, so the diffraction element will be significantly lessened, allowing for better appreciation of the artwork IMO. I have kind of a fun theme already too, but that’s going to be much harder to guess. ;)

I don’t have the sneaky snake chip, as someone overvalued it more than I did during a recent eBay auction. So no snakes incoming, the buck stops with the bird.

This is actually how I've always pictured @mipevi :p
Yeah, walking around without pants on? Sounds about right LOL. In Finland Donald Duck has always been the most popular Disney character, he is much closer to a Finn than Mickey could ever be.

After designing a lot of chips with high contrast colors and just seemingly endless fireworks over the last years, I am leaning towards a more subdued, high-class BG style. The decal will have plenty of bling to balance things out. Perhaps something like this:

B3CD84CE-0E75-48C3-B816-68BD3B914920.jpeg

After designing a lot of chips with high contrast colors and just seemingly endless fireworks over the last years, I am leaning towards a more subdued, high-class BG style. The decal will have plenty of bling to balance things out. Perhaps something like this:

The glitter decal already won me over. Too bad about the dragon though, I really liked it.

full

B&G-bird-chips.png

I once had a dream that I had a tray of those bird chips like in this pic. Maybe you can make that happen.

First draft time. I think I did a decent job with the BG style toned-down look, but nothing is set in stone. In the mock-up the 25k inner ring is replaced by the 10k, because the 25k I want to use isn't available on Matsui's design tool. Also a pic of the IRL colors for reference (sorry about the poor lighting). The 100k is cherry for a reason... ;)

lineup.jpg

colors.jpg

So... Chirp it? :unsure:

I have problem finding any color combo that doesn't work (I mean, unless the diff denoms' base colors clash).

Are those the final 4 denoms you're going for?
1k, 5k, 10k, 100k?

It's amazing you're able to capture the full beauty of the dragon and bird. Almost like you have the original drawing. :tup:

Have you figured out what bird that is in the inlay?

I will likely go through a few iterations as far as colors go, but we'll see. Might be just minor tweaks.

The denoms will be (at least) 1k, 5k, 25k and 100k. In the mock-up I just substituted 25k with 10k, because Matsui's design tool is missing the 25k with the flourishes between the denoms. Below are all the inner ring options (with flourish, no currency symbol) for reference. My thought was to avoid duplicating or even nearly duplicating a flourish shape. For example 5 and 25 would be too close.

inner rings.JPG

The current progression with just four chips is very playable, and is more geared towards meeting the 500 piece minimum for all the chips, as a small set would need approximately a rack of each (so about five people getting sets should be enough). If the MOQ is not met, I believe the chip prices go up by 15%.

I've had the original dragon in pixel form for years, and I just bought the bird artwork as a vector file to use for this project. The bird decal used in my mock-up I just grabbed from the promotional pic shown below. No idea what bird it is, but it's just for decoration as I plan to name the set after the cherry blossoms anyway (SAKURA). They should become much more visible with opaque colors.

promo.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom