Matsui Cash Mocks (3 Viewers)

To clarify my thoughts on possible set breakdowns, I think a 500 chip set would be deep enough and play very comfortably:

150x 1k
150x 5k
100x 25k
100x 100k

This would give 10max starting stacks of 1M:

15x 1k (to be colored-up with 5k’s)
12x 5k (to be colored-up with a mix of 25k’s and 100k’s)
9x 25k
7x 100k

If you start with 1k/1k level, that’s 1000 bb’s deep LOL.

Btw the 45mm chips are pretty fun to handle… :whistle: :whistling:

28589177-25A8-45DD-B382-A917D1B42EAE.jpeg

I'm kind of surprised I haven't felt the need to change anything in the line-up posted earlier. My process usually involves doing a mock-up, then staring at it several times during the following days... But I can't seem to find anything I'd like to change. I tried a few new things today just because, but unsuccesfully. I even ran the pics through a color blindness simulator, all good LOL. I guess they're what I'm going with, until proven otherwise. :D

I sent Matsui Europe an email nearly a week ago. No reply yet. That's alright boys, I know where you work... :ninja:

matusieuropa.jpg

Or, I could try their web contact form, I guess. :rolleyes:

25k has an inner ring
First draft time. I think I did a decent job with the BG style toned-down look, but nothing is set in stone. In the mock-up the 25k inner ring is replaced by the 10k, because the 25k I want to use isn't available on Matsui's design tool. Also a pic of the IRL colors for reference (sorry about the poor lighting). The 100k is cherry for a reason... ;)

View attachment 791614

View attachment 791613

So... Chirp it? :unsure:
25k.jpeg

Yes, that’s what I will use. Just not available on the design tool, and I was too lazy to photoshop it in.

Alright, accepting that I won’t be meeting the minimums on any chips and embracing the suck that is +15%(?) pricing. Might as well go with more denoms then! For a 500 chip set I’m thinking:

60x 500
120x 1k
120x 5k
100x 25k
80x 100k
20x 500k

:cool

I don't see the point for a T500 chip.
I think T.1000 to T500.000 are enough, and maybe to be complement with a $1M plaque.

By the way, I was a bit confused with this thread...cash...tourney ;)

Good luck with your project!

The 500 chip's only function is to allow smaller-% level-ups early game while having the small blind be exactly half of the big blind (almost always), but yes, it's not necessary. The alternative is to have 30x more of both 1k and 5k chips, but for the same price I am at the moment opting to add the 500 chip.

I have also decided these will be a high roller cash set. No more confusion! ;)

Or maybe I’ll just settle for a 400 chip set, it still plays way deep and leaves a bit of money for whisky and such... :unsure:

100x 1k
140x 5k
80x 25k
80x 100k

(Ten of the 5k’s aren’t necessary, could replace with 500k’s or something.)

The above breakdown has pretty bad playability early on though, if I want to make small level increases. Think I'd rather cut down on depth.

60x 500
120x 1k
120x 5k
60x 25k
40x 100k

Still good for +600k per player.

I’ll have to see how many chips I can fit on my table, these are pretty big! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, just killing time while waiting for Matsui to get back to me… :rolleyes:

Updated the line-up with the correct 25k inner ring.

lineup2.jpg

I'm having a hard time adding a 500 and/or a 500k chip. I guess I really fell in love with these and any disruption of the flow comes out negative. No need to force anything, I can make a fully playable set with just these four denoms.

Oh, and Matsui got back to me too. Terrified to find out just how expensive these will be... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I know, these are going to be expensive. But an inflation hedge, right? ...Right??? :oops:

Full name reveal (probably, anyway): SAKURA - Pachinko Hall

Yes, the gold chip is a huge pachinko ball. :p

@Poker Zombie yeah I’m very short of 500 gold chips, was only planning to get a barrel myself to use as rebuy chips and such. I have requested a quote so we’ll see where the price lands, but keep in mind Finland has a 24% VAT which is collected not only for the goods, but shipping cost as well. I might still do a mini-GB for all the chips, and as always I’m happy to ship anywhere, but due to VAT here it’s not really cost efficient for anyone outside the EU.

Current plan for my personal set is:

150x 1k
150x 5k
100x 25k
100x 100k
20x 50mm gold chip

+ extras and sample sets

... and here I was thinking it was a Pokemon ball.
Generational gap? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I did some maff and my guesstimate would be about $3.50 ea if all denominated chips meet the minimums (this spreads out the artwork and presumably shipping cost to a degree as well).

All the numbers are based on me having to pay VAT for both the product and shipping cost. I have asked for clarification on that, in case VAT was already included in listed prices, but I'm not getting my hopes up...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom