Matsui Cash Mocks (1 Viewer)

The socks problem is a little less obvious on the Siam, because there is so much pink. No issue with the blue or green, because I've never seen blue or green bleed onto white.

I had no issues with set 2, though Set 1 and 3's (in that order) 25s were better.

The second color will need to provide contrast to the base color to make the inner ring design pop, grey with green won't be enough IMO. The third colors are much less significant, especially on the green chip there will be very little of it.

Set 3 has clearly different colors between the chips (base vs. base, inner ring vs. inner ring), which I really like. As a set it also has a good balance of red/yellow/blue and alternating warm/cold color chips. In set 1 the 5 and 25 chips have inner rings that are quite close to each other in color, which while not really a problem, I still think should be improved upon. Learning as I go... :)

The socks problem is a little less obvious on the Siam, because there is so much pink. No issue with the blue or green, because I've never seen blue or green bleed onto white.

Ok, so that's why I don't see it. I've never ruined my white socks! :p

But the 100 with pink and red does look kinda busy with the chosen spot pattern, so will look into alternatives...

Choosing colors is hard, a new spin on the artwork background... :whistle: :whistling:

full
I really liked this green chip

Yeah me too, been trying to work it in but haven't quite found the 100 and 500 to go with it yet. That chip is a perfect example of how to use complementary colors, in this case green and red.

Not even something like black base, bright orange spot and grey spot. I would have to see it, I am only picturing in my head.

Yeah I think the 100 chip needs to have both black and grey because of its spot pattern. Orange and orange-red go nicely with them for sure. Will play with some combinations soon. :)

They say no news is good news... Another unexpected project came up so this one got pushed back a bit, but should be back on track soon enough. Oh, and these chips will definitely have UV markings! :cool:

We are definatly getting there correct? I don't want to save for these and have them fall off?

Yeah this is going to happen. If I had to predict a timeline, the order might go in late November or early December. I'm still waiting to get a few samples, and I just ordered a device to calibrate my monitor since the inlay colors need to be spot on. (y) :thumbsup:

Nothing new, I was working on another chip project for the last week or so.

Anyone remember which orange was used on the Blue Sands 500?

Ok, round 4 has arrived. Comments?

full

Non-denom: Violet / Blush
1: Light Blue / Cobalt Blue
5: Vermillion / Lemon
25: Lawn Green / Light Green / Dark Blue
100: Battleship Grey / Black / Day-Glo Orange
500: Purple / White / Mandarin Orange

Might be computer but how close in color is vermollion and mandarin orange they look very close with my eyes

All the four orange colors are somewhat close to each other. I would describe Mandarin Orange as a true orange, Vermillion, Orange and Day-Glo Orange as red-orange. Mandarin Orange and Day-Glo Orange (reddest of the bunch) are the most different from each other and I have no problem using them in consecutively denominated chips. I would say Orange is very much right between those two colors, and that's why I now went with Vermillion which is a bit darker (and a tad less red) to create more separation between the 5-100-500 chip colors.

Looking at the pic, I'm thinking of replacing 25's Dark Blue with True Blue, which is a lighter and more vibrant tone, kind of between the blues used for the 1 chip.

All the four orange colors are somewhat close to each other. I would describe Mandarin Orange as a true orange, Vermillion, Orange and Day-Glo Orange as red-orange. Mandarin Orange and Day-Glo Orange (reddest of the bunch) are the most different from each other and I have no problem using them in consecutively denominated chips. I would say Orange is very much right between those two colors, and that's why I now went with Vermillion which is a bit darker (and a tad less red) to create more separation between the 5-100-500 chip colors.

Looking at the pic, I'm thinking of replacing 25's Dark Blue with True Blue, which is a lighter and more vibrant tone, kind of between the blues used for the 1 chip.

Yeah I think I would have to see them to see the difference in the blues. I was hoping to avoid using to many of the same shades of color.

I know, me too. But with six chips and Matsui's pallette (a lot of colors I want to avoid) there will be some colors that are quite close to each other. I will however avoid using colors like that as base colors or inner ring colors twice as well as having them in consecutively denominated chips. The blue on 25 as well as the oranges on 100 and 500 chips are the 3rd colors, which means they are used only on the smallest edgespots (especially on the 25 they will be tiny).

Matsui does not offer a nice red. Scarlet is much too dark to use in the current iteration.

It's Scarlet. It is dark, so it won't work next to Black. Day-Glo Orange is getting close to pure red, and is much lighter.

I don't really like Scarlet as a base color, that's why I ended up doing an orange five. It could be ok with Dandelion Yellow, but it's just so dark... :unsure:

Ok, round 4 has arrived. Comments?

full

Non-denom: Violet / Blush
1: Light Blue / Cobalt Blue
5: Vermillion / Lemon
25: Lawn Green / Light Green / Dark Blue
100: Battleship Grey / Black / Day-Glo Orange
500: Purple / White / Mandarin Orange

I like the 1, 5, and 500

I dislike 25 and 100, I would choose 3 totally diffrent colours like the 500

25 green / white / scarlet

100 grey / cobal blue (if you take true blue for the one) / Lemon

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom