Matsui Cash Mocks (2 Viewers)

I have these 3 red chips. I would have thought then to be, from left to right, crimson, maroon and scarlet....but with the colour kit I'm really not sure..

And speaking of differences between colour kit and final colours.....what colour is that incredible, bright orange on the chip on the left....?
IMG_20170824_123920.jpg

Really difficult to tell the colors based on pictures as lighting will always play a part. Crimson in my color kit is close to maroon, only darker / more brown. It's way, way off from how it's represented in the chip color chart (brochure and chip designer). I think it was the color that caused the original Zen 1k chips to be remade..? In my kit I can't find anything to match the red of the chip on the left, so it's very difficult to get a grasp on the orange as well...

@Verebrant Any chance I could borrow some of your Matsui chips? :D

@mipevi

I'll send you a pic of what I have. Then just let me know which you would like to borrow (y) :thumbsup:

I'll be happy to borrow some of your samples afterwards :whistle: :whistling:

most confusing number is 18 vermillion

On the design tool it looks like blazing orange, colour kit more redish brown/orange

also irish green has its differences

The signature matsui chip design. The other that is quite unique to matsui are the 3 arrows on the edges. What do you think about that design?

@LHT Not quite sure what you are referring to, do you mean this chip:

images

This is a later addition to the Matsui line, it flows very differently from the other inner ring chip options (kind of like serif vs. sans serif fonts). For this set I'm not a fan, and don't think it goes too well with any of the denomination inner rings (looks nice with text though).

Yeah thats the one. It looked interesting as I hadnt seen it anywhere else. U know how it is.. new is nice. Haha!

What will you be using as the inlay logo / text?

I do like the dragon idea, I think it's an awesome way to use glitter. No actual artwork done yet.

For some reason I was under the impression that I could just use the same artwork as the decals are the same size. If not, I'll obviously do an all 40mm set. Will confirm from the rep.

I have commissioned a Chinese dragon drawing from an artist... :cool:

Latest iteration of spot progression (colors need work), 40mm chips with a 43mm five hundo, all chips beveled.

full

My chief complaint about this design and progression is that it makes me very, very envious.

For some reason I was under the impression that I could just use the same artwork as the decals are the same size. If not, I'll obviously do an all 40mm set. Will confirm from the rep.

Please share, when you find out. I had the same impression.

I have commissioned a Chinese dragon drawing from an artist... :cool:

Bad news is this didn't pan out, would have been kinda cool to have something unique. The guy was a nightmare to work with, pretty much ignored what I wanted or needed.

Good news is the dragon on the B&G chip is available. (y) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yeah the idea will be to loosely match the chip's base color, like on the B&G chip.

It will be interesting to see if they can do color all the way to the edge like that. The base of the label is all glitter, and the colors are printed on top. In all instances that I know of, the inks can chip off when being cut, so glitter labels usually have a "ring" of glitter around the edge to preserve the ink.

@Poker Zombie Do you know if that ink chipping happened on the Matsui WSOP glitter chips as well? At least based on these pics by @dew4au I can't see any problem... :cautious:

Edit: Forgot I got a bunch of samples from Matsui. :D No issue with the glitter decals. I do know the ink chipping happened with some 3rd party labels. Could be a matter of laminating before cutting, or just higher end equipment.

Last edited:
I do know the ink chipping happened with some 3rd party labels.
Now that I think about it, there was also an issue on the labels where the print color changed. The transition wasn't perfect, at a certain angle you were able to see the glitter between the colors. This does not happen with Matsui though, all printing is perfect. :)

@Poker Zombie Do you know if that ink chipping happened on the Matsui WSOP glitter chips as well? At least based on these pics by @dew4au I can't see any problem... :cautious:

Edit: Forgot I got a bunch of samples from Matsui. :D No issue with the glitter decals. I do know the ink chipping happened with some 3rd party labels. Could be a matter of laminating before cutting, or just higher end equipment.

Not an issue on my set.

Have I been staring at chips too long, or would custom (invisible) UV markings complementary to the artwork be totally worth another setup charge? o_O

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom