MAN CAVE Pics thread - no stack posts (6 Viewers)

where did u acquire that fine art?

how much did you pay for shipping on the chairs, they are quoting me 4800.00 for shipping. i live those chairs. sad life in hawaii
The shipping was lumped into the freight of the 2 tables. I think freight was a total of about $500 (2 1000lb crates)

Glendale, CA to Chicago area.

Probably gonna be in the garage to start the games back up again since the game room is pretty small here. Couldn't let the crew go without Rounders and Poker Go on the upcoming games!

32" Fire TV on a flip down mount. Weatherproof/dust bag for when not in use.

Excuse the tile samples/trunk bags on the workbench. Been a busy few weeks.

20210614_200447.jpg

20210614_195125_HDR.jpg

What a great thread to discover. In the time I’ve been away from PCF, I built a new house with a dedicated man cave for hosting meetups. Of course covid came as I moved in. So in the mean time, I invite you to tour the footage I took on the walkthrough on the day we closed. The whole house is still empty, and technically, I live here alone, as my GF has her own place, so the whole place is a man cave. Though she spends most her time here and has taken over a good deal of it. The basement is all still mine.

@Anthony Martino may recognize the color of some of the walls as jacaranda. Feel free to skip to the next message in this thread for the basement. I’m limited to 5 videos per post. Or watch them all.

What a great thread to discover. In the time I’ve been away from PCF, I built a new house with a dedicated man cave for hosting meetups. Of course covid came as I moved in. So in the mean time, I invite you to tour the footage I took on the walkthrough on the day we closed. The whole house is still empty, and technically, I live here alone, as my GF has her own place, so the whole place is a man cave. Though she spends most her time here and has taken over a good deal of it. The basement is all still mine.

@Anthony Martino may recognize the color of some of the walls as jacaranda. Feel free to skip to the next message in this thread for the basement. I’m limited to 5 videos per post. Or watch them all.

My wife chose the Jacaranda we repainted the exterior of our home with, a really bright blue that pops for sure!

Pretty sweet vault for storing all your chips!

One thing I found odd was the clear window in the master bath, so used to having frosted windows in bathrooms for privacy. Although if you have enough land/space between you and others I suppose that clear window won't be an issue.

Beautiful home, congrats! I'm shooting for a new home within the next 5 years myself, just gotta keep having 5-figure months :)

My wife chose the Jacaranda we repainted the exterior of our home with, a really bright blue that pops for sure!

Pretty sweet vault for storing all your chips!

One thing I found odd was the clear window in the master bath, so used to having frosted windows in bathrooms for privacy. Although if you have enough land/space between you and others I suppose that clear window won't be an issue.

Beautiful home, congrats! I'm shooting for a new home within the next 5 years myself, just gotta keep having 5-figure months :)

I covered the windows in the bathrooms with vinyl frosted appliqués for privacy, but they don’t really need it.

While mine is still in progress, thought I'd share as we're getting down to the final 10% or so (started it in December).

20210906_105847.jpg

Plan is to put a billiards table where the ping pong table is, but finish the bottom of the ping pong table with foam to so it can be set on top of the billiards table. Anyone have any experience with that I'd be happy to listen.

20210906_105904.jpg

Next project is to build a elliptical poker table in the bump out (wanted a round but the elliptical will fit better and I prefer that over oval for self dealt/home games).

20210906_105925.jpg

Waiting on some natural stone counter tops and a live edge bar top from my uncle and cousin to finish off the bar area.

20210906_105942.jpg

20210906_105952.jpg

Only room that is really "finished" is the theater... has been used every day since it was functional (still have a few things left to button up in there).

Had a ping pong table that sat on our pool table. All it too was strips of high density foam strips all around on the areas that sat on the outside edges of the pool table. Worked great.

While mine is still in progress, thought I'd share as we're getting down to the final 10% or so (started it in December).

View attachment 771603
Plan is to put a billiards table where the ping pong table is, but finish the bottom of the ping pong table with foam to so it can be set on top of the billiards table. Anyone have any experience with that I'd be happy to listen.

View attachment 771604

Next project is to build a elliptical poker table in the bump out (wanted a round but the elliptical will fit better and I prefer that over oval for self dealt/home games).

View attachment 771605
Waiting on some natural stone counter tops and a live edge bar top from my uncle and cousin to finish off the bar area.

View attachment 771606
View attachment 771607
Only room that is really "finished" is the theater... has been used every day since it was functional (still have a few things left to button up in there).
Awesome basement!!! What is the size of the theater room? We have been contemplating turning the basement bedroom/storage into a theater room, but it may not be long enough :(

Awesome basement!!! What is the size of the theater room? We have been contemplating turning the basement bedroom/storage into a theater room, but it may not be long enough :(

A dedicated theatre room doesn't have to be huge. In my previous house, we made one in a 10' x 12' room, and sat 8 people in 2 rows very comfortably. And this was with a 100" diagonal DIY fabric screen. Your main concern might just be light control.

Had a ping pong table that sat on our pool table. All it too was strips of high density foam strips all around on the areas that sat on the outside edges of the pool table. Worked great.
Figured a little 3M adhesive and 1/4 or 1/2" high density foam aught to do the trick! I appreciate the feedback! I am a bit worried about it "sinking" and not staying level.

The overall dimensions of that room are 22x15. I have a false wall ~2.5 feet in front of the front wall (acoustically transparent screen with the 3 mains and 1 sub behind it). I had the space available so I used it, but I agree with Allforcharity, if I had a smaller area to work with I simply would opt for a smaller screen (definitely look into recommendations about screen size vs distance from the screen) and for smaller seating. I originally was going to do a 4x4 setup, seating for 8 was a "must have" for my family. I'm glad we did it because we've sat 9 in there on several occasions (the Costco "bean bag" is the 9th seat). That said, 95% of the time, seating for 4 would be just fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom