MAN CAVE Pics thread - no stack posts (2 Viewers)

is that a cali issue or a cost issue =)

Cali IS the cost lol I mean I can technically make one in my 2400sq ft, but that doesn’t mean my wife won’t tear it down lol It would be nice to own say 3,000 sq ft without having to get milked. Makes me miss living in GA lol

I’ll take a balance between some of those seasons and space. Don’t want extreme weather but a little hot or cold never killed anybody.
When I had to serve in my nation's Army and lived for the first and last time in my life, for at least 12 months, in natural, un-controlled temperatures in a "temperate" climate, I realised why hot and dry are named "good" weather.
Heat could kill you under circumstances; cold can certainly kill everybody in a matter of hours...

Cali IS the cost lol I mean I can technically make one in my 2400sq ft, but that doesn’t mean my wife won’t tear it down lol It would be nice to own say 3,000 sq ft without having to get milked. Makes me miss living in GA lol
I hear ya, best part of relocating from NYC to GA is the amount of space I have now.

When I had to serve in my nation's Army and lived for the first and last time in my life, for at least 12 months, in natural, un-controlled temperatures in a "temperate" climate, I realised why hot and dry are named "good" weather.
Heat could kill you under circumstances; cold can certainly kill everybody in a matter of hours...

100% especially when experiencing it under those circumstances. I’ve tried a bit of it all, Atlanta, Jordan, Dubai AKA Hell on Earth (when it comes to hot weather), Southern California. This place definitely has the best of all those. Trade off is less bang for your buck in terms of square footage = less chance of man cave.

DDE5B39D-37C0-4614-9ED0-DAA7BF299CB8.jpeg

100% especially when experiencing it under those circumstances. I’ve tried a bit of it all, Atlanta, Jordan, Dubai AKA Hell on Earth (when it comes to hot weather), Southern California. This place definitely has the best of all those. Trade off is less bang for your buck in terms of square footage = less chance of man cave.
Not to mention earthquakes, present in both California and Greece.
The south of France looks ideal, but taxes are high and you get fat from the cheese and wine (which can be true of California and Greece anyway)

The south of France looks ideal, but taxes are high and you get fat from the cheese and wine (which can be true of California and Greece anyway)

Yah but there are very few fat people over there because of the on-your-feet lifestyle. Their meal portions are also more appropriate in size. Not too many super size options over there

Yah but there are very few fat people over there because of the on-your-feet lifestyle. Their meal portions are also more appropriate in size. Not too many super size options over there
Cruellly ironically, in today's "developed" societies, contrary to what was true 100+ years ago, the fat people are the poor people...

I have a cousin in North Carolina who refuses California for that reason alone. His most frequent statement regarding that is, “you want me to be in my house while it’s shaking and then I die from my own house collapsing on me? No thank you, f@&k that.”

There were 158MPH wind gusts in the mountains of NH yesterday. Wind chill was around -65. Lets just say I passed on skiing

I have a cousin in North Carolina who refuses California for that reason alone. His most frequent statement regarding that is, “you want me to be in my house while it’s shaking and then I die from my own house collapsing on me? No thank you, f@&k that.”
Aren’t there tornadoes annually in NC?

Interestingly, people continue to build disregarding local menaces.
Buildings in earthquake-prone areas should be wooden (up to 3 stories high, that is - or steel frame above that).
Buildings in tornado-stricken areas should be all armed concrete.
People keep doing it the other way 'round. :rolleyes:

Not to turn this into a pissing contest but I find that hilarious coming from someone in Greece. :D

Not to turn this into a pissing contest but I find that hilarious coming from someone in Greece. :D
Altitude makes up for lattitude in (very mountainous) mainland Greece.
It gets almost as cold as in (the south of) your country, -20C being not frequent, but possible...

Altitude makes up for lattitude in (very mountainous) mainland Greece.
It gets almost as cold as in (the south of) your country, -20C being not frequent, but possible...
Ah, didn't know that. Well that is respectable. I thought it was something like IDF where they're in serious trouble if it somehow creeps down to 0C. :)

Ah, didn't know that. Well that is respectable. I thought it was something like IDF where they're in serious trouble if it somehow creeps down to 0C. :)
Still, try to sleep outside at 0C if you 've been raised sleeping in a heated home...
War is waged outdoors...

Still, try to sleep outside at 0C if you 've been raised sleeping in a heated home...
War is waged outdoors...
Yeah, it's less of a big deal for me as I was in the army in the northern part of Norway but it certainly was a transition when we started.
2-3 years ago I slept in the negatives with just a tarp and sleeping bag, to to see if I still could do it and while I survived it's a whole ordeal and a lot of work, and not as romantic and cozy as on TV.

I love this thread.

This is my basement that got finished this past year.

It is called The Dugout (can’t take credit for the name, but love it). I’m even waiting on custom CPC chips with that name on them.View attachment 622383View attachment 622384View attachment 622385View attachment 622386View attachment 622387View attachment 622388View attachment 622389View attachment 622390View attachment 622391View attachment 622392View attachment 622393View attachment 622394.
Very nice!! How do you run the multiple TVs? All on a HDMI splitter showing the same signal, or do they each have their own box and signal?

Very nice!! How do you run the multiple TVs? All on a HDMI splitter showing the same signal, or do they each have their own box and signal?
2 boxes and 2 Apple TV’s, plus the built in apps on the TV’s. I can do 4 separate baseball games between the boxes and MLB TV app.

Hoping to replace this table with something from Chan's in the future. Just need to convince the wife it's a necessary addition.

This is precisely what your awesome room needs.

Show her some Chanman tables not just from a poker perspective, but from a poker table to one with a cover making it more useful and versatile piece of furniture!

Cool space man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom