MAN CAVE Pics thread - no stack posts (1 Viewer)

Any movie buffs here? Built this room last year as part of turning one of the barns into an apartment.

It’s not poker related but technically a mancave since the wife ”prefers to watch tv-shows on the TV inside the house”.

-130” 2.35:1 screen
-7.1.4 speaker system (meaning 4 dolby atmos), Klipsch
-Faux 4k projector (but still a beast), jvc x5900
-Marantz av receiver with an extra Emotiva amp for the front speakers
-3 buttkickers (one in each chaise longue)

View attachment 501946

View attachment 501948View attachment 501949View attachment 501952View attachment 501953View attachment 501954View attachment 501955View attachment 501956View attachment 501947View attachment 501951

Imagine hitting your 7:1 Parlay in this joint

Any movie buffs here? Built this room last year as part of turning one of the barns into an apartment.

It’s not poker related but technically a mancave since the wife ”prefers to watch tv-shows on the TV inside the house”.

-130” 2.35:1 screen
-7.1.4 speaker system (meaning 4 dolby atmos), Klipsch
-Faux 4k projector (but still a beast), jvc x5900
-Marantz av receiver with an extra Emotiva amp for the front speakers
-3 buttkickers (one in each chaise longue)

View attachment 501946

View attachment 501948View attachment 501949View attachment 501952View attachment 501953View attachment 501954View attachment 501955View attachment 501956View attachment 501947View attachment 501951
Yup. Same size screen. I’ve had a Panasonic AE8000u that recognizes CinemaScope and expands automatically. I’ve been want to upgrade but waiting for 4K to come down in price a bit. Unfortunately Panasonic owns the patent for that feature and got out of the projector business. Also have old Klipsch reference speakers going through a Pioneer receiver
33570950-EAE9-49D2-8B23-8294C040877C.jpeg

Yup. Same size screen. I’ve had a Panasonic AE8000u that recognizes CinemaScope and expands automatically. I’ve been want to upgrade but waiting for 4K to come down in price a bit. Unfortunately Panasonic owns the patent for that feature and got out of the projector business. Also have old Klipsch reference speakers going through a Pioneer receiver
View attachment 502217
Very nice! And awesome feature with the cinema scoop. Mine has lens memory but doesn’t automatically detect and change accordingly

View attachment 502217

I've got an older AE4000U that's still going strong, and I love it. 135" motorized screen.

Unfortunately basements in California are extremely hard to come by. I do however have a decent sized 600 square foot detached shop with a high rising garage door and bathroom. We made the first half of the shop our home gym. The second half is the card/poker area (where you see part of a jet ski which has since been relocated to a diff part of our property). Pictures don't do it justice, its bigger than it looks (that's what she said). It's a continuous work in progress and easily my favorite part of our new home.

IMG_1983.JPG

View from entry door located behind fenced backyard.
IMG_2176.JPG

View point staring directly ahead when garage door is open. The door straight ahead leads back the back part of our property. To the left (not really pictured) is the second half of the shop.
IMG_2185.JPG

Cleaning up waiting for Gorilla Gaming table. Red door leads to small bathroom (great so I don't have any of these animals going in and out of my house lol)
IMG_2183.JPG

Don't mind the clutter on the work bench I swear its nice and tidy right now.

IMG_2286.JPG

Just waiting for this bad boy to ship....any day now...

Mine is more of a "man cabin" than cave ;) It's a work in progress and not as fancy as some of the 5-star rooms posted here (which I'm so jealous of, with your built in cinemas and the like!) but I'm nevertheless proud of Blind Joe's Poker Shack, which I built from the ground up with my own two hands.

As I'm on a tight budget it's made mostly from reclaimed materials (pallet wood being a staple favourite of mine) with the exception of the skeleton structure which I spent a fair whack on; counter tops, fridges and even a set of kitchen drawers were all either given to me by friends and kind strangers or acquired for next to nothing. :bigbucks:

I should mention that I have no skills in this department so yes I've made mistakes along the way and I've had to un-do and re-do plenty :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: but it's nice to stand back and think "I did that!"

Last edited:
Mine is more of a "man cabin" than cave ;) It's a work in progress and not as fancy as some of the 5-star rooms posted here (which I'm so jealous of, with your built in cinemas and the like!) but I'm nevertheless proud of Blind Joe's Poker Shack, which I build from the ground up with my own two hands.

As I'm on a tight budget it's made mostly from reclaimed materials (pallet wood being a staple favourite of mine) with the exception of the skeleton structure; counter tops, fridges and even a set of kitchen drawers were all either given to me by friends and kind strangers or acquired for next to nothing. :bigbucks:

I should mention that I have no skills in this department so yes I've made mistakes along the way and I've had do un-do and re-do plenty :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: but it's nice to stand back and think "I did that!"

BEAUTIFUL!

Addition of toilet too.

View attachment 604487
I'd post a picture of my Poker Shack "toilet" but—and this is no exaggeration—it is like something out of the wild west :oops:

It is quite literally a cubical made out of old wooden gates crudely constructed near the woods (into which it drains :whistle: :whistling:). No number 2s allowed (or indeed possible) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

It’s been a long 3 years on the making, did a lot of the work myself, but the final pieces of the bar were installed just before Christmas and it’s finally complete.

Only one poker table set up now, but if I move the couch I can get a 3 table tourney going with up to 27 players.
6AA3518E-129B-4A90-A9DB-7680902C33DC.jpeg
B42D02DE-4C30-402E-A8A1-71BEE25E8A93.jpeg
186E25C1-E0C4-4DED-B9B0-F8FE56330CDD.jpeg
DA4516FC-9857-4A1F-A1B7-4192FF30984C.jpeg

I'd post a picture of my Poker Shack "toilet" but—and this is no exaggeration—it is like something out of the wild west :oops:

It is quite literally a cubical made out of old wooden gates crudely constructed near the woods (into which it drains :whistle: :whistling:). No number 2s allowed (or indeed possible) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
As a French Chef once put it responding to complaints about the restaurant's toilet "You come to my place to eat; not to crap" :D

Anyone have a decent guesstimate on the cost per square foot to finish a basement, including a bathroom that is already stubbed in? Will use a contractor.

Since Covid has reached an all-time high and we are forced to postpone our games. I decided to take this time to make some additions to the place so everyone can enjoy the experience even more when things are back up. Added some extra photos too

Previous shots from Post #398

1611594217647.png

A new shot. Hoping to replace this table with something from Chan's in the future. Just need to convince the wife it's a necessary addition.

IMG_0388 (1).JPG

Some New Additions: Turning the adjacent area into a TV lounge for the guys to take a break from their coolers or simply to follow up on their sports team. I really dislike having the TV in the same room as the poker room because it starts distracting the players and slows down the action. It's not 100% completed yet but I'm working on a mid-century style extension.

The Lounge Area
CSC_2041.JPG

Bar Area
IMG-2256 R1.jpg

Some Oil Paintings I'm working on. Still need to decide where to hang them up
DSC_2028.JPG

The Hall of Fame Plaque
DSC_2027 R1.jpg

Here are just some Random Shots of the Night and Winter View
IMG_0510.JPG
1611595174596.png

Since Covid has reached an all-time high and we are forced to postpone our games. I decided to take this time to make some additions to the place so everyone can enjoy the experience even more when things are back up. Added some extra photos too

Previous shots from Post #398

View attachment 621809

A new shot. Hoping to replace this table with something from Chan's in the future. Just need to convince the wife it's a necessary addition.

View attachment 621814

Some New Additions: Turning the adjacent area into a TV lounge for the guys to take a break from their coolers or simply to follow up on their sports team. I really dislike having the TV in the same room as the poker room because it starts distracting the players and slows down the action. It's not 100% completed yet but I'm working on a mid-century style extension.

The Lounge Area
View attachment 621819

Bar Area
View attachment 621820

Some Oil Paintings I'm working on. Still need to decide where to hang them up
View attachment 621821

The Hall of Fame Plaque
View attachment 621822

Here are just some Random Shots of the Night and Winter View
View attachment 621824View attachment 621825
what city is that in the background? I know its somewhere cold :) btw awesome view!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom