MAN CAVE Pics thread - no stack posts (4 Viewers)

And the sanding. I hate that part. Looks like in some places the drywall is touching the floor. Could just be the camera angle. Hard to tell. I'd make sure you have it 1/4 to 1/2 off the floor. Nothing a drywall knife can't fix.
Yep angle of the camera and ya tape mud sand paint lay floor hopefully end of February I’ll be done

I was doing a pr0n shoot in the man cave and figured I'd post one of the whole room. This is the room above our garage...

Phase 2 will probably be bedrooms, just putting down flooring to match rest of the house.

Then maybe kitchen
4BFD07F7-4126-4174-8874-42B5C6487AA2.jpeg
414AB038-B0CE-418E-B3C0-9741B5B966A0.jpeg

Oh and lost in the original postings. This is my cottage (lake house) that when renovating and discussing with my wife she said “This is turning into quite the man cave.” Well I figure when the weather is bad and or night time might as well be entertained if not out on the water.

Oh and lost in the original postings. This is my cottage (lake house) that when renovating and discussing with my wife she said “This is turning into quite the man cave.” Well I figure when the weather is bad and or night time might as well be entertained if not out on the water.
Ok, I’m looking at all these pics and thinking...”holy crap that is a large and elaborate basement layout”. Nice man cave....I mean cottage;)

Details on that ceiling. Looks really cool.
Thanks. The ceiling tiles were sourced from old, weathered tin roofing sheets. I found a local guy in the roofing business, he had stacks of the stuff laying around and agreed to cut me pieces to put in a drop ceiling grid. I think we ended up paying $5/tile. We did that room and another room of comparable size where a kitchenette area is located. We are VERY pleased with the way it turned out.

Great idea!

The entire basement can be programmed or reprogrammed in minutes. Very fast. Each light bulb has its own name. You can create basically unlimited groupings and name them. If you want certain bulbs to turn on for watching a movie you can program that with a name. If you want certain bulbs to turn on for poker you create a different grouping and assign which bulbs you want for that voice command. Its quite easy.
Heres the bulbs I use:
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...ngle-dimmable-led-bulb/1046548139?Keyword=hue
You have to have a bridge as well to control the bulbs. Alexa communicates with the bridge:
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/philips-hue-standalone-bridge/1046897947?Keyword=hue
As far as things like the bar, the slot machines and the corner you were close to what I use. Heres what I use and then you can plug in any power strip you want.
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/566567/TP-Link-Wireless-Smart-Plug-HS100/

We have these on all floors as well as the bedrooms. Its really nice. They do so much more than control lights. Whats neat is you can command any one of them to control any location in your house. For example if Im in the kitchen I can tell the alexa nearby to turn on my bedroom lights or to turn off my girls bedroom lights.
love smart home products my whole house is converted

Jesus, I was SO frigging happy when I finally got a place with a dedicated room I could close off for poker and after seeing everyone with these massive rooms and multiple tables and couches and shit I'm depressed all over again!

Meh, screw it, I'm happy to have a space to play where the cats won't claw up the table, here's my little slice of heaven. Notice the monitor in the first pic has been replaced with a newer one since it died on me, 32" display for my tourney clock on top of an apartment sized fridge that keeps shit cold. Had to post an action shot to display some of my wall hangings (some cool chips I've won via contests from the chipping community or just received, really generous folks out there, thanks!)

View attachment 25315

View attachment 25314

View attachment 25313

I'll try to get better/newer pics this weekend since there's been some changes
Hey I saw this pic of your clock and was wondering what you use for it? Is it a software you run on a dedicated computer of something?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom