Latest Build Progress: 56" Round, 5" raised lighted rail, 5" racetrack (1 Viewer)

Hmm. Taking out that much material would really weaken the structure for handles.

edit:
Nevermind. You're right it's for the handles. They screw in on the perimeter of the cut-out - so no issue with weakening the table. Very cool handles by the way.

Yea, see:

25.jpg

I kinda like the look of these, so don't mind the 15min with the router to recess them. The set is from Amazon for ~$20 iirc

That looks amazing!!! When are you breaking it in?

Thanks! Neighbor had a post-tournament cash game on it <5 hours after it was completed Saturday night lol! I wasn't able to make it, but look forward to my first game on it soon.

Beautiful work.
In review, I just wonder if it wouldn't be better to put the player USB ports underneath the table.

I am thinking that having them flush on the edge might present an opportunity to gouge an unwary player in the mid-section and
1. break off the male end of a USB cable, or
2. break the female connector in the table,
in addition to any damage the player might incur.

Beautiful work.
In review, I just wonder if it wouldn't be better to put the player USB ports underneath the table.

I am thinking that having them flush on the edge might present an opportunity to gouge an unwary player in the mid-section and
1. break off the male end of a USB cable, or
2. break the female connector in the table,
in addition to any damage the player might incur.

Yea, perhaps just as functional to put them under the base sheet, but less visually interesting, and a bit harder to 'find' if you have to stick your head under the table.

Breakage is a minor risk, but we did buy a couple extra cables in the event one goes bad for whatever reason, and my neighbor picked up some short charging cables to be used in this manner:

43.jpg

Which i think should make breakage less likely.

A table with a race track I'd actually enjoy.

Contemplating a round table now that we have a new house. Smaller footprint so I may have to sell the oval table. Where did the legs come from?

A table with a race track I'd actually enjoy.

Contemplating a round table now that we have a new house. Smaller footprint so I may have to sell the oval table. Where did the legs come from?

https://www.tablelegsonline.com/click-folding-leg-set-click-set.html

They are a bit pricey, but they are the sturdiest folding legs I've ever come across for a round table like this.

Related, had my first game on it Saturday night. (Neighbor has had a few on it, but this was the first I was able to join.) Managed to hit a straight-flush, so there's a decent amount of luck built into this table for me :)

IMG_0132.jpeg

(Excuse the dice chips; he is working on an upgrade of those next :) )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom